News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,044 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1920 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 07, 2012, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2012, 08:59:52 PM
Bumped for Huey.

I probably haven't seen a new Office episode since right around the time James Spader was on.

A full (or less than) year ago. Long time.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1921 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 07, 2012, 12:34:40 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 07, 2012, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on December 06, 2012, 08:59:52 PM
Bumped for Huey.

I probably haven't seen a new Office episode since right around the time James Spader was on.

A full (or less than) year ago. Long time.

I only saw the first couple episodes with him.  Shortly after Will Ferrel was on toward the end of the previous season?  I don't know--I saw maybe the first 2 episodes with Spader, which would make it over 2 years by now, I'm pretty sure.  Some 30-odd episodes.  Is that better, Tubbsy McCornfritter?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1922 on: February 05, 2013, 12:29:03 PM »
Great...now that there's only a couple episodes left, it's actually gotten funny again.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1923 on: May 16, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »
Well, you left me satisfied and smiling

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1924 on: May 16, 2013, 10:24:50 PM »
Awesome finale. I liked that they actually managed to keep Carell's appearance a secret. And, of course, his first line was perfect.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1925 on: May 16, 2013, 10:31:43 PM »
DPD. Fun to go back the start and read through this thread, which even features an appearance by Paul on Page 3.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1926 on: May 16, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
I thought it was amazing.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1927 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:45 PM »
Quote from: JD on March 03, 2006, 11:08:58 AM
Quote from: Andy on March 03, 2006, 08:39:37 AM
"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't see that you had a hearing aid.  I just thought you had a weird speech...uh..."

An underrated moment was when Pam and Kelly and Ryan were in the break room talking about Pam's wedding when Kelly said: "I can't wait to get married." Then turns to a horrified Ryan and says, "How old do you think you'll be when you get married, Ryan?"

Ryan says, "Really, I don't think I'll ever get married.  Nope."

Kelly bolts out of the room and Pam tells Ryan he should be careful what he says around Kelly because she really likes him.  Ryan stares straight ahead and says, "I know what I said."

You had to love Michael's use of "Good Morning Vietnam!" just hours after Dwight had bombed at it during "toast practice."

Michael: "What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "A vagina."
Michael: "No, that's...that's science.  It's a joke.  What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "I don't know.  What is it?"
Michael: "Boobs."

Dwight:  But I was right about the vagina, wasn't I?
Michael:  Yes, you were right about that, but not about the joke.

that reminded me of the sexual harassment episode.
Dwight:  Hey, Toby, you said we could come to you with any questions.
Toby:  Yes.
Dwight:  Where's the clitoris?  On a website, it said it was at the crest of the the labia.  What does that mean?  What does the female vagina look like?

Me and Andy used to have the best banter posts...
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1928 on: July 01, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
This is a safe space, so I am going to come clean and admit: after watching the first season of the US Office back when it first came out, I quit watching the series until now.

I will shortly finish the second season, and of course this show is as funny as people say it is.

On one hand, I wish I hadn't waited so long to watch this show, but now I have the entire series to binge watch over the summer. Pretty much every episode gets me to laugh my ass off at least once.
M'lady.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1929 on: July 05, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 01, 2016, 01:13:48 PM
This is a safe space, so I am going to come clean and admit: after watching the first season of the US Office back when it first came out, I quit watching the series until now.

I will shortly finish the second season, and of course this show is as funny as people say it is.

On one hand, I wish I hadn't waited so long to watch this show, but now I have the entire series to binge watch over the summer. Pretty much every episode gets me to laugh my ass off at least once.

Season 3 is fantastic as well. You'll notice that it starts a slow decline in Seasons 5-7, then it falls off a cliff in the last two seasons. It'll be obvious why once you get there, but no spoilers.

On the other hand, the final 4-6 episodes of the series are very good, so it makes sense to slog through the last season too. Just a fair warning about some of the later-seasons quality. You've still got plenty of good stuff ahead though.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1930 on: July 05, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 05, 2016, 11:18:15 AM

Season 3 is fantastic as well. You'll notice that it starts a slow decline in Seasons 5-7, then it falls off a cliff in the last two seasons. It'll be obvious why once you get there, but no spoilers.

On the other hand, the final 4-6 episodes of the series are very good, so it makes sense to slog through the last season too. Just a fair warning about some of the later-seasons quality. You've still got plenty of good stuff ahead though.

Controversial opinion: I actually really liked the James Spader season, but then it was total trash until the finale.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1931 on: July 05, 2016, 01:49:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 11:26:56 AM

Controversial opinion: I actually really liked the James Spader season, but then it was total trash until the finale.

Ed Helms is a dumpster fire.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1932 on: July 05, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 05, 2016, 01:49:31 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 11:26:56 AM

Ed Helms is a dumpster fire.

Chuck is...right?

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1933 on: July 05, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »

I'm nearly through season 3 now. I've enjoyed watching the episodes and then going back and reading the Desipio discussion.

I AM aware that Steve Carell leaves, and I'd say that in general I'm moderately spoiled if only because I've seen a lot of memes (Jim and Pam learning morse code to screw with Dwight, for example). I'd say in general that their romance has been dragging waaaaay too slowly. Just get together already!

Kind of amusing to see you guys discover Rashida Jones, who, at this point, I think everybody knows very well.
M'lady.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1934 on: July 05, 2016, 03:55:47 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 05, 2016, 03:29:40 PM

I'm nearly through season 3 now. I've enjoyed watching the episodes and then going back and reading the Desipio discussion.

I AM aware that Steve Carell leaves, and I'd say that in general I'm moderately spoiled if only because I've seen a lot of memes (Jim and Pam learning morse code to screw with Dwight, for example). I'd say in general that their romance has been dragging waaaaay too slowly. Just get together already!

Kind of amusing to see you guys discover Rashida Jones, who, at this point, I think everybody knows very well.

lol