News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unwatchable  ( 27,463 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unwatchable
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 28, 2015, 08:28:10 PM
Non sequitur.  This is totally watchable.   You will thank me.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25003078/watch-key-peele-aaron-rodgers-spoof-player-introductions

Who's gonna clean this place up after Tonker's head explodes?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK Comcast, WGN, Cubs Baseball, Channel 44 or whoever the fuck?

How many times do I have to get up from the recliner to fix the rabbit ears?

Get your shit together.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »

Did Digger Phelps say "Niggra League"?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
I've seen Deshaies get bashed a couple times of late (not on here, just on internet comment sections in general).

I like him, though. He can break down the game, but he's also got a really quick and dry sense of humor that works great with Len.

There've been lots of examples of it that I can't remember because I'm not Huey, but, just today:

QuoteLen: Happen to receive Popular Mechanics?

JD: Uh, I do not.

Len: Kluber was on the cover of the April issue this year.

JD: Pitching magazine, huh?

#TeamJD

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 24, 2015, 02:43:24 PM
I've seen Deshaies get bashed a couple times of late (not on here, just on internet comment sections in general).

I like him, though. He can break down the game, but he's also got a really quick and dry sense of humor that works great with Len.

There've been lots of examples of it that I can't remember because I'm not Huey, but, just today:

#TeamJD

I like JD as well. He's smart, his analysis is good, he meshes well with Len, and he frequently drops FIP and everything else into casual conversation. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 24, 2015, 02:45:13 PM

#TeamJD

I like JD as well. He's smart, his analysis is good, he meshes well with Len, and he frequently drops FIP and everything else into casual conversation. 

Who are the clods bashing JD? He is the absolute best.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 24, 2015, 03:33:20 PM

#TeamJD

Probably the same ones who are still rocking Theriot and DeRosa shirseys and think "Horry Cow" is hilarious.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 24, 2015, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 24, 2015, 03:33:20 PM

#TeamJD

Probably the same ones who are still rocking Theriot and DeRosa shirseys and think "Horry Cow" is hilarious.

Let's move this conversation over here.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2015, 03:29:24 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 26, 2015, 03:29:24 AM
Wow.

On a slightly smaller point, who wishes anybody a happy Yom Kippur?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2015, 09:28:43 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on September 26, 2015, 09:56:49 AM
Wow.

This evening, my gentile family enjoyed the Jewish cuisine at Max's in Highland Park, where a message board had a festive drawing of a dancing bagel with "Yom Kippur is in the Air!"

I, too, found it a little odd, but it's not my place to question.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2015, 12:50:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 26, 2015, 09:28:43 PM
Wow.

This evening, my gentile family enjoyed the Jewish cuisine at Max's in Highland Park, where a message board had a festive drawing of a dancing bagel with "Yom Kippur is in the Air!"

Speaking as a gentile married into a Jewish family and living in Highland Park, I basically just shrug and say "ok" whenever this stuff comes up.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »
Quote from: Bort on September 27, 2015, 12:50:31 AM
Wow.

Speaking as a gentile married into a Jewish family and living in Highland Park, I basically just shrug and say "ok" whenever this stuff comes up.

I would think our messaging would be a little more consistent, since we run the banks and the media and all.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on September 27, 2015, 10:10:55 AM
Wow.

I would think our messaging would be a little more consistent, since we run the banks and the media and all.
I could never figure out why people show up at synagogue on Yom Kippur dressed in their Sunday best (that's my feeble attempt at irony) as though it was a festive occasion.  I also think that it is ironic that synagogues set out a "break the Yom Kippur fast" table where one of the featured delicacies is pickled herring.  My grandparents thought of pickled herring as what it started out to be, working class food that was intended to sustain you until you had enough rubles to by something decent.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2015, 08:44:47 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 27, 2015, 11:38:31 AM
Quote from: Oleg on September 27, 2015, 10:10:55 AM
Wow.

I could never figure out why people show up at synagogue on Yom Kippur dressed in their Sunday best (that's my feeble attempt at irony) as though it was a festive occasion.  I also think that it is ironic that synagogues set out a "break the Yom Kippur fast" table where one of the featured delicacies is pickled herring.  My grandparents thought of pickled herring as what it started out to be, working class food that was intended to sustain you until you had enough rubles to by something decent.

A shot of vodka with a pickled herring chaser is amazing.