News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 117,161 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #585 on: November 23, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 23, 2009, 10:54:06 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 22, 2009, 10:28:22 AM
Cal beat Stanfoo.  Cal is 8 and 3 on the season.   But I wouldn't care if they were 1 and 10 if that one was Stanfoo.  At the start of the season I was bragging about Jahvid Best, who suffered his second concussion this season in a spectacular wipeout  two weeks ago while scoring a touchdown.  The second string back, Shane Vereen, carried the ball 42 times last night for 193 yards, outshining Stanfoo's Toby Gerhart, who is an outstanding football player and will have a very good professional career, if he doesn't decide to play baseball instead.   (Forgive the "wipeout" comment, dude, I am a Californian now.)

Yet another in a long line of successful white NFL Running Backs.

We get it, you love black people.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:19 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 23, 2009, 10:55:43 AM
Cal beat Stanfoo.  Cal is 8 and 3 on the season.   But I wouldn't care if they were 1 and 10 if that one was Stanfoo.  At the start of the season I was bragging about Jahvid Best, who suffered his second concussion this season in a spectacular wipeout  two weeks ago while scoring a touchdown.  The second string back, Shane Vereen, carried the ball 42 times last night for 193 yards, outshining Stanfoo's Toby Gerhart, who is an outstanding football player and will have a very good professional career, if he doesn't decide to play baseball instead.   (Forgive the "wipeout" comment, dude, I am a Californian now.)

We get it, you love black people.

Only if they're from Detroit.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: November 23, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »

He's Touchdown Tommy Vardell reincarnate.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: November 23, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on November 23, 2009, 02:14:58 PM

Who was Brad Muster reincarnate.  I

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: November 23, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
Quote from: BBM on November 23, 2009, 04:20:31 PM

You do?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: November 23, 2009, 05:46:40 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 23, 2009, 04:26:48 PM
Quote from: BBM on November 23, 2009, 04:20:31 PM

You do?

He meant to say "Ay! Ay! Ay!"  Or possibly, "Aye, matey."
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: November 23, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
I'm posting this, but Orange Guy is the source, and you just never know with that guy:

QuoteStarting quarterback and team captain Jimmy Clausen was involved in an altercation outside a South Bend, Ind., bar in the hours following a double-overtime loss to Connecticut on Saturday, taking a punch to the face in the incident, sources told the Tribune.

The Irish QB suffered at least one black eye as a result of the punch, according to a source. A spokesman for Charlie Weis said he could not reach the Irish coach for comment Monday night.

A South Bend police spokesman said Monday no police reports were filed over the weekend that involved Clausen.

The particulars of the confrontation are thus unclear, though a person answering the phone at CJ's, the bar in question, said the incident "absolutely did not take place inside the bar."

WGN-AM 720's David Kaplan reported that it occurred at 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

That CJ's employee, who identified himself as a bartender, said Clausen and family members were at the bar following the Connecticut loss -- along with other Irish upperclassmen apparently gathering after their final home game at Notre Dame Stadium.

It is another in an assortment of off-field incidents involving the Irish's starting quarterback that date back to his first year on campus. He was cited in June 2007 for transporting alcohol as a minor. Then, in August 2008, pictures appeared on the Web site "The Big Lead" depicting a not-yet-21 Clausen and three teammates at what the site labeled "Beer Olympics."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: November 23, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on November 23, 2009, 10:38:07 PM
I'm posting this, but Orange Guy is the source, and you just never know with that guy:

QuoteStarting quarterback and team captain Jimmy Clausen was involved in an altercation outside a South Bend, Ind., bar in the hours following a double-overtime loss to Connecticut on Saturday, taking a punch to the face in the incident, sources told the Tribune.

The Irish QB suffered at least one black eye as a result of the punch, according to a source. A spokesman for Charlie Weis said he could not reach the Irish coach for comment Monday night.

A South Bend police spokesman said Monday no police reports were filed over the weekend that involved Clausen.

The particulars of the confrontation are thus unclear, though a person answering the phone at CJ's, the bar in question, said the incident "absolutely did not take place inside the bar."

That CJ's employee, who identified himself as a bartender, said Clausen and family members were at the bar following the Connecticut loss -- along with other Irish upperclassmen apparently gathering after their final home game at Notre Dame Stadium.

It is another in an assortment of off-field incidents involving the Irish's starting quarterback that date back to his first year on campus. He was cited in June 2007 for transporting alcohol as a minor. Then, in August 2008, pictures appeared on the Web site "The Big Lead" depicting a not-yet-21 Clausen and three teammates at what the site labeled "Beer Olympics."

Will Kaplan's moral compass ever lead us astray? This man can sense questionable activity from miles away. He knows what is best for us.

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: November 23, 2009, 11:11:11 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 23, 2009, 10:55:19 PM

Will Kaplan's moral compass ever lead us astray? This man can sense questionable activity from miles away. He knows what is best for us.

Hey, don't gripe. I'd rather have Mr. Bronzing Lotion raging about those rotten college students partaking of the devil-water than, say, having him actually try to discuss sports.

Me, I'm simply outraged that Clausen didn't have the good sense to get into a fracas outside Club 23, the only respectable bar in that town. Show some class, son.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:34 PM »

He's a big Daley kiss-ass so that sounds about right.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: November 24, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 23, 2009, 11:21:34 PM

That makes as much sense as all of your other ersatz Cook County analogies.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: November 24, 2009, 08:19:49 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 24, 2009, 07:51:37 AM

People who talk on TV about what a great mayor Daley is and how lucky we are to have him are probably deeply afflicted with douche. Kaplan is one of those people. It stands to reason that he'd play moral compass and condescend to the rest of us like he does.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: November 24, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 08:19:49 AM

People who talk on TV about what a great mayor Daley is and how lucky we are to have him are probably deeply afflicted with douche. Kaplan is one of those people. It stands to reason that he'd play moral compass and condescend to the rest of us like he does.

Who are these people?  Where are these people?  What channel?  Because I've seen nothing of the sort.  Granted, I don't watch much television, but still.  Does Dave Kaplan really take time out of his awful nightly Comcast show to sing Daley's praises?  

Or are you confusing the year for 1999?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: November 24, 2009, 08:47:54 AM »
Christ, Huey.  At the end of every Chicago Tribune Live, Kaplan lights a picture of Jane Byrne on fire and does his daily "Ode to Daley" segment.  How have you missed it?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: November 24, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 24, 2009, 08:26:01 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 08:19:49 AM

Who are these people?  Where are these people?  What channel?  Because I've seen nothing of the sort.  Granted, I don't watch much television, but still.  Does Dave Kaplan really take time out of his awful nightly Comcast show to sing Daley's praises?  

Or are you confusing the year for 1999?

What do you want? Time? Date? Video link? I don't stalk this cock puppet around the interwebs and shit like some people do. I was watching Chicago Tribune Live sometime before the Olympic announcement and he was going back and forth with Greenstein about whether the Chicago Olympics would be good for the city. Greenstein said, "Our politicians are crap..." and Kaplan gave the whole take a look at that Lakefront, the Miricale Mile and all that is good speech and praised Daley by name. You've heard that speech before. Rich white people are fond of it. Noit saying that you're rich or white or fond of it, but still. Fuck this douche.