News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 117,118 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 24, 2009, 09:06:31 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 08:51:21 AM
Quote from: MAD on November 24, 2009, 08:26:01 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 24, 2009, 08:19:49 AM
Quote from: MAD on November 24, 2009, 07:51:37 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 23, 2009, 11:21:34 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on November 23, 2009, 10:55:19 PM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on November 23, 2009, 10:38:07 PM
I'm posting this, but Orange Guy is the source, and you just never know with that guy:

QuoteStarting quarterback and team captain Jimmy Clausen was involved in an altercation outside a South Bend, Ind., bar in the hours following a double-overtime loss to Connecticut on Saturday, taking a punch to the face in the incident, sources told the Tribune.

The Irish QB suffered at least one black eye as a result of the punch, according to a source. A spokesman for Charlie Weis said he could not reach the Irish coach for comment Monday night.

A South Bend police spokesman said Monday no police reports were filed over the weekend that involved Clausen.

The particulars of the confrontation are thus unclear, though a person answering the phone at CJ's, the bar in question, said the incident "absolutely did not take place inside the bar."

WGN-AM 720's David Kaplan reported that it occurred at 2:30 a.m. Sunday.

That CJ's employee, who identified himself as a bartender, said Clausen and family members were at the bar following the Connecticut loss -- along with other Irish upperclassmen apparently gathering after their final home game at Notre Dame Stadium.

It is another in an assortment of off-field incidents involving the Irish's starting quarterback that date back to his first year on campus. He was cited in June 2007 for transporting alcohol as a minor. Then, in August 2008, pictures appeared on the Web site "The Big Lead" depicting a not-yet-21 Clausen and three teammates at what the site labeled "Beer Olympics."

Will Kaplan's moral compass ever lead us astray? This man can sense questionable activity from miles away. He knows what is best for us.

He's a big Daley kiss-ass so that sounds about right.

That makes as much sense as all of your other ersatz Cook County analogies.

People who talk on TV about what a great mayor Daley is and how lucky we are to have him are probably deeply afflicted with douche. Kaplan is one of those people. It stands to reason that he'd play moral compass and condescend to the rest of us like he does.

Who are these people?  Where are these people?  What channel?  Because I've seen nothing of the sort.  Granted, I don't watch much television, but still.  Does Dave Kaplan really take time out of his awful nightly Comcast show to sing Daley's praises?  

Or are you confusing the year for 1999?

What do you want? Time? Date? Video link? I don't stalk this cock puppet around the interwebs and shit like some people do. I was watching Chicago Tribune Live sometime before the Olympic announcement and he was going back and forth with Greenstein about whether the Chicago Olympics would be good for the city. Greenstein said, "Our politicians are crap..." and Kaplan gave the whole take a look at that Lakefront, the Miricale Mile and all that is good speech and praised Daley by name. You've heard that speech before. Rich white people are fond of it. Noit saying that you're rich or white or fond of it, but still. Fuck this douche.

I'm not a bout to defend Daley.  As a Chicago homeowner who sees his property taxes go directly into his graft machine, I'm as disgusted as the next guy who regularly reads John Kass.  I'm just going to point out that the guy got 71% of the vote in the last election in a city that is 37% white--many of whom or immigrants are lower-middle class.  Say what you want about Daley, but  the broad brush of "rich white guys"--many of whom, like Kaplan, live in the suburbs--sounds like something you'd have nailed some librul for blurting out about Dubya.  

Also, the fact that "rich black guys" like Jesse Sr. and the lot--those who have been co-opted by virtue of things like, for example, the Bud distributorship for Jesse's kids--are as responsible for Daley being where he is than dopey white guys that you should not be wasting your time watching and getting your blood pressure up.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: November 24, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 24, 2009, 09:06:31 AM
I'm posting this, but Orange Guy is the source, and you just never know with that guy:

QuoteStarting quarterback and team captain Jimmy Clausen was involved in an altercation outside a South Bend, Ind., bar in the hours following a double-overtime loss to Connecticut on Saturday, taking a punch to the face in the incident, sources told the Tribune.

The Irish QB suffered at least one black eye as a result of the punch, according to a source. A spokesman for Charlie Weis said he could not reach the Irish coach for comment Monday night.

A South Bend police spokesman said Monday no police reports were filed over the weekend that involved Clausen.

The particulars of the confrontation are thus unclear, though a person answering the phone at CJ's, the bar in question, said the incident "absolutely did not take place inside the bar."

That CJ's employee, who identified himself as a bartender, said Clausen and family members were at the bar following the Connecticut loss -- along with other Irish upperclassmen apparently gathering after their final home game at Notre Dame Stadium.

It is another in an assortment of off-field incidents involving the Irish's starting quarterback that date back to his first year on campus. He was cited in June 2007 for transporting alcohol as a minor. Then, in August 2008, pictures appeared on the Web site "The Big Lead" depicting a not-yet-21 Clausen and three teammates at what the site labeled "Beer Olympics."

Will Kaplan's moral compass ever lead us astray? This man can sense questionable activity from miles away. He knows what is best for us.

People who talk on TV about what a great mayor Daley is and how lucky we are to have him are probably deeply afflicted with douche. Kaplan is one of those people. It stands to reason that he'd play moral compass and condescend to the rest of us like he does.

Who are these people?  Where are these people?  What channel?  Because I've seen nothing of the sort.  Granted, I don't watch much television, but still.  Does Dave Kaplan really take time out of his awful nightly Comcast show to sing Daley's praises?  

Or are you confusing the year for 1999?

What do you want? Time? Date? Video link? I don't stalk this cock puppet around the interwebs and shit like some people do. I was watching Chicago Tribune Live sometime before the Olympic announcement and he was going back and forth with Greenstein about whether the Chicago Olympics would be good for the city. Greenstein said, "Our politicians are crap..." and Kaplan gave the whole take a look at that Lakefront, the Miricale Mile and all that is good speech and praised Daley by name. You've heard that speech before. Rich white people are fond of it. Noit saying that you're rich or white or fond of it, but still. Fuck this douche.

I'm not a bout to defend Daley.  As a Chicago homeowner who sees his property taxes go directly into his graft machine, I'm as disgusted as the next guy who regularly reads John Kass.  I'm just going to point out that the guy got 71% of the vote in the last election in a city that is 37% white--many of whom or immigrants are lower-middle class.  Say what you want about Daley, but  the broad brush of "rich white guys"--many of whom, like Kaplan, live in the suburbs--sounds like something you'd have nailed some librul for blurting out about Dubya.  

Also, the fact that "rich black guys" like Jesse Sr. and the lot--those who have been co-opted by virtue of things like, for example, the Bud distributorship for Jesse's kids--are as responsible for Daley being where he is than dopey white guys that you should not be wasting your time watching and getting your blood pressure up.

Can't we all just agree that you both are dumb and white and this has nothing to do with college football and it is boring as fuck?  Good.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: November 24, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on November 24, 2009, 09:18:57 AM

I

Can't we all just agree that you both are dumb and white and this has nothing to do with college football and it is boring as fuck?  Good.

I
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: November 24, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »
I'm as disgusted as the next guy who regularly reads John Kass.

Oh, hell no.

That is all.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: November 24, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »
Wait, no... That's not all.

John Kass is the Mike North of dumb white guy political commentary.

That is all. Enough politics. Back to gunts and bowl contenders...
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2009, 03:01:21 PM »
"Weis has told people in South Bend that he's already heard from roughly six NFL teams about becoming their offensive coordinator next season, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."

Would the Bears be on this short list?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
Quote from: World B Free on November 30, 2009, 03:01:21 PM
"Weis has told people in South Bend that he's already heard from roughly six NFL teams about becoming their offensive coordinator next season, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter."

Six teams have already decided to fire their OC that they have already reached out to Weis?

Who is fact checking this bullshit?

World B Free

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2009, 03:20:48 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 30, 2009, 03:11:04 PM

Six teams have already decided to fire their OC that they have already reached out to Weis?

A report on the 4 letter?  Probably no one in all honesty.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »

Good.  Then Weis, in his INFINITE LOVE FOR THE UNIVERSITY, should let ND off the hook for the six fucking years remaining on that horrible contract.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 30, 2009, 03:39:26 PM

Good.  Then Weis, in his INFINITE LOVE FOR THE UNIVERSITY, should let ND off the hook for the six fucking years remaining on that horrible contract.

A donation to DePaul would be nice.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2009, 06:04:20 PM »

Well neither the Cardinals or Patriots (Weis' old team) have OCs.  Their head coaches call the plays.  That's two.  Three teams fired their OCs right before the season (Chiefs, Buccaneers, Bills).  The Bills just fired their head coach, which usually portends an entirely new staff.  That's five.  I did that off the top of my head.  I'm sure that Ron Turner being in the last year of his deal factors in.  The Browns and Eric Mangini (former Pat asst.) are probably looking. 

I'd say six is perfectly reasonable.  Who logic checks you?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on November 30, 2009, 06:04:20 PM

Well neither the Cardinals or Patriots (Weis' old team) have OCs.  Their head coaches call the plays.  That's two.  Three teams fired their OCs right before the season (Chiefs, Buccaneers, Bills).  The Bills just fired their head coach, which usually portends an entirely new staff.  That's five.  I did that off the top of my head.  I'm sure that Ron Turner being in the last year of his deal factors in.  The Browns and Eric Mangini (former Pat asst.) are probably looking. 

That's six teams without OCs. Not six teams who would call Charlie Weis.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2009, 06:50:05 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 30, 2009, 06:41:44 PM
Quote from: Ivy6 on November 30, 2009, 06:04:20 PM

That's six teams without OCs. Not six teams who would call Charlie Weis.

Why not?  If I remember correctly, running an offense isn't one of his shortcomings.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: November 30, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
USC is up by two touchdowns over UCLA with less than a minute to play, so Carroll has his quarterback take a knee.  Neuheisel will have none of that so he takes a timeout to stop the clock. (I guess that he had a 14 point play in mind)  Carroll reciprocates with a 47 yard touchdown pass and the officials and police have to get between the two teams.  Who says that we don't have class in the PAC 10?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)