News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Community  ( 82,062 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Community
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 05, 2011, 03:01:24 PM
http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/pop-pop-magnitude-community-oral-history?page=0,0

QuoteIn the end, I really liked Magnitude because I realized that the reason he calls himself Magnitude is because it stands for Magnetic Attitude.

QuoteHarmon: The weird thing is that, in the beginning, the character's name was Poochie. Which is really funny.

Countee: I think it was after the table read that we realized that this very famous "Simpsons" character is named Poochie and we wanted to distance ourselves from that. We thought we could come up with something a little more original.

Harmon: There was a division among the writing staff about the name, because those of us who are relatively older know that Poochie is that dog from "The Simpsons" that they created for "Ichy and Scratchy." The joke was that it's just this stupid character who's all sizzle and no steak; he's just a manufactured catchphrase-driven character. So not only was there another character named Poochie, but their comedic territories overlapped. So the old-timers on the staff had to insist that we had to give him a new name.

The old-timers.

How depressing is that?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »
OK... Tonight's episode is the shit in every way.

Also: Motherfucking Sawyer. Network TV good-looking.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 05, 2011, 07:08:43 PM
OK... Tonight's episode is the shit in every way.

Also: Motherfucking Sawyer. Network TV good-looking.

Might have been the best episode of anything ever.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 06, 2011, 08:00:13 AM

Thank you. As I watched it this morning, my first thought during that scene was "that's a .gif waiting to happen" and I knew I would want to see said .gif.

Interested in what Fro has to say about this, Eli? I know you are

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #440 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »
I just recovered from this episode.  Secksiness drips off Alison Brie.  I'm in love.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2011, 10:30:27 AM »
LEEEROY JENKINS! VICKIIIII!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #442 on: May 13, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2011, 10:30:27 AM
LEEEROY JENKINS! VICKIIIII!!!

At least I've got chicken.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #443 on: May 13, 2011, 08:19:32 PM »
Community plays around back there.

This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:53 AM »
I am not getting tired of paintball episodes.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
http://tvoti.net/post/5526561034/guest-post-greendale-human-beings-community-and

QuoteWhen watching the hugely entertaining season finale of Community this week, something occurred to me. If Parks and Recreation, in its ever-expanding world and portrayal of small-town city politics and governing systems, can be equated as the comedy equivalent of The Wire (and given creator Michael Schur's clear interest in that show, and how they are essentially the mirror image of how government works and doesn't work in modern America), then I think you could make a reasonable case for Community as the comedy equivalent of Deadwood.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #446 on: May 25, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
Remember Abed's whole story about getting to be an extra on Cougar Town??

QuoteYou laugh, Jeff, but the people were wonderful, you know, not just the actors, but the crew, everyone. There must have been 200 people, each with a specific function, but all dedicated to a single purpose. It was like a village or like a living thing. And, you know, I'm talking to the director, and he says, "Why don't you jump into the background?" I say, "Nah, wait a minute. Jump into the background of what exactly?" And he says, "Jump into the background of this scene. Walk through it. Walk through Cougar Town..."Well, before I can react, this girl takes me by the hand, and she stands me behind this patio where Courtney Cox and the actors are doing their scene. And the girl says, "Now, when you hear 'action,' I want you to walk from here to there," right? That's when I really started to panic, Jeff, because if I'm a person that watches Cougar Town, how can I be in Cougar Town? You know, and the more I start thinking about it, the less any of it makes any sense at all. And I just want to turn and run, but it's too late, because the director's calling "action." So before I take my first step, I realize that I have to stop being someone who's ever seen the show and become a character on the show. Become a man from Cougar Town...You know, someone born there, someone whose name, I decide, is Chad. And I take my first step, as a child might, learning to walk as Chad. And with each step, it becomes easier. And with each step, I start remembering things from Chad's life, like his first kiss under the big tree at Cougar Town field...Playing soccer at Cougar Town Junior High... Finding my first chest hair in the shower, my first apartment, my first true love falling for my best friend, birthdays, weddings, car crashes, taxes, playing charades at Thanksgiving. Chad had lived, Jeff. You know, Chad had lived more than Abed. And then they called "cut," and the scene was over. But I wasn't ready to stop being Chad, so I said to the director,"Can we have one more take?" But they were already moving on. Courtney had nailed it. My lips started trembling, and my... my hands and my feet went numb. My... my knees buckled, and as I fell to the floor...I pooped my pants. I did... Because the truth is, Jeff, I had been Chad, and Chad was dead. But as Abed, I was still alive, so someone helped me up. And the wardrobe lady came over. She gave me new pants. I thanked everyone, I apologized, and then I just got on a bus and went straight to the airport...

If I'm a person that watches Cougar Town, how can I be in Cougar Town?

Yeah, that happened tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4recvP3lNw&feature=share

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #447 on: May 26, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 25, 2011, 10:18:49 PM
Remember Abed's whole story about getting to be an extra on Cougar Town??

QuoteYou laugh, Jeff, but the people were wonderful, you know, not just the actors, but the crew, everyone. There must have been 200 people, each with a specific function, but all dedicated to a single purpose. It was like a village or like a living thing. And, you know, I'm talking to the director, and he says, "Why don't you jump into the background?" I say, "Nah, wait a minute. Jump into the background of what exactly?" And he says, "Jump into the background of this scene. Walk through it. Walk through Cougar Town..."Well, before I can react, this girl takes me by the hand, and she stands me behind this patio where Courtney Cox and the actors are doing their scene. And the girl says, "Now, when you hear 'action,' I want you to walk from here to there," right? That's when I really started to panic, Jeff, because if I'm a person that watches Cougar Town, how can I be in Cougar Town? You know, and the more I start thinking about it, the less any of it makes any sense at all. And I just want to turn and run, but it's too late, because the director's calling "action." So before I take my first step, I realize that I have to stop being someone who's ever seen the show and become a character on the show. Become a man from Cougar Town...You know, someone born there, someone whose name, I decide, is Chad. And I take my first step, as a child might, learning to walk as Chad. And with each step, it becomes easier. And with each step, I start remembering things from Chad's life, like his first kiss under the big tree at Cougar Town field...Playing soccer at Cougar Town Junior High... Finding my first chest hair in the shower, my first apartment, my first true love falling for my best friend, birthdays, weddings, car crashes, taxes, playing charades at Thanksgiving. Chad had lived, Jeff. You know, Chad had lived more than Abed. And then they called "cut," and the scene was over. But I wasn't ready to stop being Chad, so I said to the director,"Can we have one more take?" But they were already moving on. Courtney had nailed it. My lips started trembling, and my... my hands and my feet went numb. My... my knees buckled, and as I fell to the floor...I pooped my pants. I did... Because the truth is, Jeff, I had been Chad, and Chad was dead. But as Abed, I was still alive, so someone helped me up. And the wardrobe lady came over. She gave me new pants. I thanked everyone, I apologized, and then I just got on a bus and went straight to the airport...

If I'm a person that watches Cougar Town, how can I be in Cougar Town?

Yeah, that happened tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4recvP3lNw&feature=share

There were rumors that was going to happen after there were a couple Cougar Town characters in the Community finale. I love Abed, but they still weren't going to trick me into watching that show.l

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
Part 1 of 4 of Dan Harmon talking about every episode of season 2. Tons of interesting stuff in here about how TV sausage is made.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-harmon-walks-us-through-communitys-second-seas,57085/

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #449 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 07, 2011, 11:10:45 AM
Part 1 of 4 of Dan Harmon talking about every episode of season 2. Tons of interesting stuff in here about how TV sausage is made.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-harmon-walks-us-through-communitys-second-seas,57085/

No one has ever loved anything more than Todd VanDerWerff loves Community.

That slight annoyance aside, really an interesting set of interviews.