News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twins SPLOOGEFEST  ( 58,439 )

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Twins SPLOOGEFEST
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »
Quote from: BH on September 30, 2009, 12:11:37 PM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 30, 2009, 12:09:37 PM
Quote from: BH on September 30, 2009, 11:59:41 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 30, 2009, 11:55:58 AM
Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse bragging about our amateur sports careers?

Yes. Let's not relive Thrill's athletic accolades once again.

Have I ever told you about the time we couldn't get into our locker room after a game because the cops were in there chatting with a teammate who had two-handed his stick across the back of an opponent's neck after the whistle?

Why would the art club need a locker room? Was it for the shower bonding?

The art club doubled as the pep band.  They needed to wash their tubas together after the hockey match.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:46 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 11:30:24 AM
Quote from: CT III on September 30, 2009, 10:52:51 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 10:00:07 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 30, 2009, 09:26:59 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 09:10:31 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 09:01:16 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 08:59:28 AM
Quote from: Fork on September 30, 2009, 08:38:48 AM
May 4, 1984, the Oakland A's Dave Kingman hit a ball that disappeared through a drainage hole in the Teflon roof. The ball never came down, and Kingman was given a ground-rule double. The next day, the Twins devised a plan in which, before Kingman's first at-bat, a ball would drop from the roof so that Twins first baseman Mickey Hatcher could make the catch. As Kingman stepped into the batter's box, the ball knuckled its way down, bounced and hit Hatcher in the groin, sending him to the turf. "Kingman looked at me and said, 'What's wrong with you?' " says Hatcher, now the LA Angels batting coach.

I have no idea what the point of this story is, but why the hell wasn't Hatcher wearing a cup?

Point of story: Nut shots are always funny.

Re: Hatcher and the cup: Ever been hit in the cup by a baseball travelling at a decent speed? It'll still make you puke, just won't turn your nuts to puree.

No, whenever I see a ball traveling at a decent speed toward my testicles, I use a different part of my body to stop it.

As a catcher/first baseman for a lot of my baseball life, I can say it's not always possible.

When you're a shitty fielder like Mickey Hatcher, even less so.

Being a catcher/firstbaseman for most of my baseball life, I have to agree with Fork.

I've been a first baseman my entire life and have never been hit in the balls.  I guess it helps that I'm good at it.

I think you're lying.

Good to see your Ripken-esque streak of being wrong is still intact.  Did I do that right?

Really?  I seem to remember you showing up at a 12" softball game and bitching about how uncomfortable your cup was, but you were going to wear it since you had to play first base.  So maybe you never got hit, but you definitely considered it to be a distinct possibility.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2009, 02:02:46 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 30, 2009, 01:32:46 PM
May 4, 1984, the Oakland A's Dave Kingman hit a ball that disappeared through a drainage hole in the Teflon roof. The ball never came down, and Kingman was given a ground-rule double. The next day, the Twins devised a plan in which, before Kingman's first at-bat, a ball would drop from the roof so that Twins first baseman Mickey Hatcher could make the catch. As Kingman stepped into the batter's box, the ball knuckled its way down, bounced and hit Hatcher in the groin, sending him to the turf. "Kingman looked at me and said, 'What's wrong with you?' " says Hatcher, now the LA Angels batting coach.

I have no idea what the point of this story is, but why the hell wasn't Hatcher wearing a cup?

Re: Hatcher and the cup: Ever been hit in the cup by a baseball travelling at a decent speed? It'll still make you puke, just won't turn your nuts to puree.

No, whenever I see a ball traveling at a decent speed toward my testicles, I use a different part of my body to stop it.

As a catcher/first baseman for a lot of my baseball life, I can say it's not always possible.

Being a catcher/firstbaseman for most of my baseball life, I have to agree with Fork.

I've been a first baseman my entire life and have never been hit in the balls.  I guess it helps that I'm good at it.

I think you're lying.

Good to see your Ripken-esque streak of being wrong is still intact.  Did I do that right?

Really?  I seem to remember you showing up at a 12" softball game and bitching about how uncomfortable your cup was, but you were going to wear it since you had to play first base.  So maybe you never got hit, but you definitely considered it to be a distinct possibility.

I wear a seatbelt when I drive, too, yet I've never flown through my windshield.
Hire Jim Essian!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2009, 02:24:05 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 02:02:46 PM

I think you're lying.

I wear a seatbelt when I drive, too, yet I've never flown through my windshield.

Got it, Kerm is both a better baseball player and a better driver than Mickey Hatcher.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 30, 2009, 02:24:05 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on September 30, 2009, 02:02:46 PM

I think you're lying.

Got it, Kerm is both a better baseball player and a better driver than Mickey Hatcher.

Not when he uses his gamer.

Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2009, 03:54:09 PM »
In summary...Kid Rock is a warrior.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »
Can't we have one thread that doesn't end with us digging up a corpse bragging about our amateur sports careers?

Have I ever told you about the time we couldn't get into our locker room after a game because the cops were in there chatting with a teammate who had two-handed his stick across the back of an opponent's neck after the whistle?

When he says "Locker Room" he means "Found Object Installation Utlizing Sporting Equipment #4"
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2009, 04:21:41 PM »
Quote from: Jon on September 30, 2009, 04:00:54 PM

When he says "Locker Room" he means "Found Object Installation Utlizing Sporting Equipment #4" a Matthew Barney exhibit.

OTTOshaft'd

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2009, 11:39:07 AM »
How fucking hard would it have been for Laird to--oh, I don't know--changed the sequence?

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »
Quote from: Andy on October 01, 2009, 11:39:07 AM
How fucking hard would it have been for Laird to--oh, I don't know--changed the sequence?

You obviously have no idea how difficult it is to do that with catcher's equipment on.  That shit is heavy.  And he'd have to run all the way out to the mound and talk about stuff.  You have no FUCKING CLUE HOW HARD IT IS.

I don't either. 
Fork?  Little help here?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2009, 11:46:04 AM »

Especially with another catcher on second base.
Hire Jim Essian!

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 01, 2009, 11:46:04 AM

Especially with another catcher on second base.

THI.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48:32 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on October 01, 2009, 11:41:38 AM

You obviously have no idea how difficult it is to do that with catcher's equipment on.  That shit is heavy.  And he'd have to run all the way out to the mound and talk about stuff.  You have no FUCKING CLUE HOW HARD IT IS.

I don't either. 
Fork?  Little help here?

This reminds me that I still have an "NRA Pride" license-plate holder, available free to the first claimant who promises to display it.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!