News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,550 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #585 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:58 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 13, 2014, 03:51:50 PM
Quote from: Fork on January 13, 2014, 03:20:25 PM
Clark the Cub.

QuoteThe Cubs say Clark will be a champion for Cubs Charities' mission of targeting improvements in health and wellness, fitness and education for children, and families at risk. Young fans will see the mascot at schools during Cubs Caravan or "Cubs on the Move" fitness program visits; hospital appearances; and other family-focused events, such as the upcoming Cubs Convention.

God fucking damnit. Ricketts claims to be a Cub fan yet he fails to understand that Wrigley is for drinking and whoring and swearing and taking pictures from 500 feet away to post on the bookfaces.

What have you got against towel drills?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
Clark the Cub.

QuoteThe Cubs say the mascot will not be on top of the dugout between innings, tossing T-shirts or hot dogs into the stands, and it won't disrupt the game.

QuoteWhat fans won't see is Clark riding an ATV around the warning track or interfering with fans' views of the field during the game, the team said.

Famous last words.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: January 13, 2014, 06:19:49 PM »
http://cubs.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=chc

"ClarK"?   This is just embarrassing.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: January 13, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
Clark the Cub.

The marketing twinkie that came up with this needs to be beaten into a coma.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on January 13, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
Clark the Cub.

The marketing twinkie that came up with this needs to be beaten into a coma.

"unbearably cute"

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: January 13, 2014, 10:23:25 PM »

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: January 13, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
I've heard a lot of people making fun of the new mascot because it looks like it's for kids. Aren't mascots supposed to be for kids? It's not a new logo. I don't understand why this is even a story.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2014, 02:29:15 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2014, 10:49:37 PM
I've heard a lot of people making fun of the new mascot because it looks like it's for kids. Aren't mascots supposed to be for kids? It's not a new logo. I don't understand why this is even a story.

It's because it sucks.  It looks like a Clip Art mascot, like they just picked a cheap one off the shelf using the absolute minimum of thought.  And then there's the whole tradition, Wrigley Field, only a few teams don't have mascots and the Cubs were one of them, baseball is serious business stuff.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2014, 08:26:33 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 14, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

It's because it sucks.  It looks like a Clip Art mascot, like they just picked a cheap one off the shelf using the absolute minimum of thought.  And then there's the whole tradition, Wrigley Field, only a few teams don't have mascots and the Cubs were one of them, baseball is serious business stuff.

And yet I've never once given two shits about the existence of Staley, who is basically the same thing. Who cares? This is the dumbest thing since the last dumb thing that was dumb.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2014, 08:26:33 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 14, 2014, 02:29:15 AM

And yet I've never once given two shits about the existence of Staley, who is basically the same thing. Who cares? This is the dumbest thing since the last dumb thing that was dumb.

My 3 year old had me rewind the news like 5 times this morning so he could see Clark over and over. Kids will love this pervy weirdo and the Cubs will sell a fuckton of Clark merchandise that can be spent on a Brian Roberts signing and we'll all have something to make fun of so I don't see a downside.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2014, 08:47:33 AM »
Because not only does it suck, but it comes at a time when there is little interest on the actual product on the field.  And this comes up as another piece of proof that ownership knows they have to generate interest in a way other than the actual product the produce.

If the Red Sox did this, it would be seen as dumb and silly, but would probably be ignored.  Right now, this is Illinois introducing a new, cartoon Chief Illiniwek.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 14, 2014, 08:47:33 AM
Because not only does it suck, but it comes at a time when there is little interest on the actual product on the field.  And this comes up as another piece of proof that ownership knows they have to generate interest in a way other than the actual product the produce.

If the Red Sox did this, it would be seen as dumb and silly, but would probably be ignored.  Right now, this is Illinois introducing a new, cartoon Chief Illiniwek.

So given the choice (if it were a choice) between a guy in a bear suit and Soriano redux, you'd pass on the guy in the bear suit?

It's a dopey mascot. It'll get kids and furries excited. The Cubs need to drum up something, and it's somewhat better than just putting cardboard cutouts of Baez, Bryant, Soler and Almora out there.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »

Seriously. It's for kids. It really is that simple.

And irrationally hating it means you're agreeing with Chuck.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »

The red sox already have a mascot.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
 Right now, this is Illinois introducing a new, cartoon Chief Illiniwek.

TIME TO POST!