News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 83,080 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Apocalypse
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 07:57:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 25, 2010, 07:54:23 AM

(flips IAN's FEMA trailer)

Enjoy the formaldehyde.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2010, 08:35:43 AM »
My joy at how badly Brad Childress fucked up the last minute of regulation knows no bounds.

Once they got to the 34 he decided they needed to run the clock.  Hey it's a 51 yard field goal, but whatever.

So they run the ball for no gain and let the clock run down.

Then, they run it again for no gain and let the clock run down until about :28 seconds, then he panics and calls a timeout.  It's like he just realized it's a 51 yard field goal from there.

Then, during the timeout they somehow get the wrong personnel on the field, and Far-vuh-ruh sees they are going to break the huddle with 12 men and tries to call another time out.  But you can't call back to back timeouts in the NFL, so the refs ignore him and they get a delay of game penalty.  Now, they're not even in remote field goal range.

So, instead of being able to run the ball (and praying that Adrian Peterson doesn't fumble...again) they figure they have to pass it.  So they run a roll out for Favre, even though he's hobbling around on a fucked up foot.  They know he's not going to run the ball, so they are effectively taking away half the field from him for no apparent strategic advantage.  And, because he's the same drunken hillbilly he's always been, when he gets on the run his percentage of fucked up passing decisions goes from about 40 percent of the time to 80 percent, and sure enough he throws an interception.

It was like Lovie Smith calling timeout with :04 left in regulation in the playoffs against Seattle...three plays in a row!  God bless you Brad Childress, you gloriously stupid fuck!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
Quote from: Andy on January 25, 2010, 08:35:43 AM
My joy at how badly Brad Childress fucked up the last minute of regulation knows no bounds.

Once they got to the 34 he decided they needed to run the clock.  Hey it's a 51 yard field goal, but whatever.

So they run the ball for no gain and let the clock run down.

Then, they run it again for no gain and let the clock run down until about :28 seconds, then he panics and calls a timeout.  It's like he just realized it's a 51 yard field goal from there.

Then, during the timeout they somehow get the wrong personnel on the field, and Far-vuh-ruh sees they are going to break the huddle with 12 men and tries to call another time out.  But you can't call back to back timeouts in the NFL, so the refs ignore him and they get a delay of game penalty.  Now, they're not even in remote field goal range.

So, instead of being able to run the ball (and praying that Adrian Peterson doesn't fumble...again) they figure they have to pass it.  So they run a roll out for Favre, even though he's hobbling around on a fucked up foot.  They know he's not going to run the ball, so they are effectively taking away half the field from him for no apparent strategic advantage.  And, because he's the same drunken hillbilly he's always been, when he gets on the run his percentage of fucked up passing decisions goes from about 40 percent of the time to 80 percent, and sure enough he throws an interception.

It was like Lovie Smith calling timeout with :04 left in regulation in the playoffs against Seattle...three plays in a row!  God bless you Brad Childress, you gloriously stupid fuck!

And the good news is Brad Childress was just signed to an extension for basically being Favre's bitch.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 25, 2010, 07:42:07 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2010, 07:08:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 25, 2010, 01:45:09 AM
Quote from: Day Man on January 24, 2010, 09:31:41 PM
Are they renaming the team the New Orleans Katrinas?

You're a weird fucking dude. Coming from me that's one hell of an accusation. Keep doing what you do.

He has a point though. I'm sorry, but it's been almost 5 years, do I still have to hear about how the Saints "are so much more than a football team to this city" and how they're Still helping them to recover? If that's true, than it was really dickish of the Saints to suck the last two years when New Orleans needed them most.

The fact is that New Orleans is done recovering.  They've been done recovering.  The tax base is the only thing that came or wanted to come back.  The others were just folks living off the Gubment.  And those people were many.

Anyhow, I really don't have a clue how to feel about this.  I'm excited, sure.  But, this is madness.  It's something my grandfather and my wife's grandfather only dreamed of.  They put up with the Saints losing to the 49ers twice every year during the Montana/Young/Rice years.  God only knows what they're thinking right now.  The notion about how much the team means to the city is true, SKO.  The Saints were a HUGE part of the city's emotional recovery.  That's been long gone (recovery), though, and that tripe gets WAY too much play in NFL broadcasts.  The fan base in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast really does have a sincere infatuation with this team.  It's so great to finally see them get the reward.

It is true that the Saints are sort of like the Cubs. Gawdawful for so long, then at least respectable but unable to win the big game... Good for them and N.O.

And by the way, how great is it to see Favre completely ruin his team's chances at the end?  I was near suicide before the 12 men on the field penalty.  That was HUGE.  Then, the pick!  I heard a fucktard on ESPN say that Brett "was just trying to make something happen because they were out of field goal range."  What?  You mean Brett couldn't have run for those five yards and gotten back into somewhat prayerful range for Longwell, one the NFL's better kickers?  Fuck that noise.  Brett Favre is a douchebrick of suck...a failure pile in a sadness bowl.  Fuck him.

(I want to pile drive Deanna.  And whoever that brunette was next to her.)

I think that was his daughter. Don't worry, i think she's over 18.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »

Anyhow, I really don't have a clue how to feel about this.  I'm excited, sure.  But, this is madness.  It's something my grandfather and my wife's grandfather only dreamed of.  They put up with the Saints losing to the 49ers twice every year during the Montana/Young/Rice years.  God only knows what they're thinking right now.  The notion about how much the team means to the city is true, SKO.  The Saints were a HUGE part of the city's emotional recovery.  That's been long gone (recovery), though, and that tripe gets WAY too much play in NFL broadcasts.  The fan base in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast really does have a sincere infatuation with this team.  It's so great to finally see them get the reward.

Your grandparents?

That was like...15 years ago.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2010, 10:35:13 AM

Your grandparents?

Pen's age ?= IAN's grandparents' ages?  It would explain some things.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on January 25, 2010, 10:41:05 AM

Your grandparents?

Pen is IAN's grandfather?  This is a pretty big plot twist.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

Your grandparents?

I hear babies be havin' babies in the South these days.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 25, 2010, 10:48:31 AM

Your grandparents?

Penis my dad... So, IAN's my first cousin (or my son)?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2010, 11:00:27 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 25, 2010, 10:55:54 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 25, 2010, 10:48:31 AM

Your grandparents?

Penis my dad... So, IAN's my first cousin nephew (or my son)?

I know family trees can get pretty twisted down in hilljack country, but come on'd
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 25, 2010, 10:50:20 AM
NSFW Language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0&feature=player_embedded

Quotebrett threw the last interception of the viking saints playoff game , when he could of just ran it for 5 yrs and got them in field goal range, I video tapped my husbands reactions 

Could of, indeed.  I'm glad she video tapped it, though.  Made for some excellent lolenfreude.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
I know you guys hate grass soccer and all things kicky, but how fucking nails was Garrett Hartley?  That was certainly no gimme, and he drilled it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 25, 2010, 11:06:52 AM
I know you guys hate grass soccer and all things kicky, but how fucking nails was Garrett Hartley?  That was certainly no gimme, and he drilled it.

Seriously?
It was a 40 yarder.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2010, 11:12:02 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 25, 2010, 11:06:52 AM

Seriously?
It was a 40 yarder.

Indoors? That's a hell of a kick for a high school kid.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.