News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 83,001 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Apocalypse
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
Just want to say, as someone who didn't grow up in the Midwest, there is some awesome Favre hate going on in here.

I'm not sure I completely understand why he's getting blamed for losing that game, but the hate is quite hilarious nonetheless.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2010, 12:36:20 PM
Just want to say, as someone who didn't grow up in the Midwest, there is some awesome Favre hate going on in here.

Just checked the Sbox and you typed nearly that same exact sentence. Real original.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 25, 2010, 12:39:10 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2010, 12:36:20 PM

Just checked the Sbox and you typed nearly that same exact sentence. Real original.

So sorry you didn't stay!

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »
Last night there were only two ways to not get laid on Bourbon St.

1. Wear a Favre jersey.

2. Let an extra guy into the huddle.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2010, 07:08:46 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 25, 2010, 01:45:09 AM
Quote from: Day Man on January 24, 2010, 09:31:41 PM
Are they renaming the team the New Orleans Katrinas?

You're a weird fucking dude. Coming from me that's one hell of an accusation. Keep doing what you do.

He has a point though. I'm sorry, but it's been almost 5 years, do I still have to hear about how the Saints "are so much more than a football team to this city" and how they're Still helping them to recover? If that's true, than it was really dickish of the Saints to suck the last two years when New Orleans needed them most.

Quote from: Powdered Toast Man
The fact is that New Orleans is done recovering.  They've been done recovering.  The tax base is the only thing that came or wanted to come back.  The others were just folks living off the Gubment.  And those people were many.

All this was my point.  If I'm still a weird fucking dude, so be it.  I'm tired of Katrina getting invoked every single time New Orleans is mentioned.  (Probably for political reasons, and I don't want politics in my football.)  If this is okay, then I suppose we should start crediting the New York Yankees' and Jets' performances for making everyone forget about 9/11.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on January 25, 2010, 12:45:16 PM

You're a weird fucking dude. Coming from me that's one hell of an accusation. Keep doing what you do.

He has a point though. I'm sorry, but it's been almost 5 years, do I still have to hear about how the Saints "are so much more than a football team to this city" and how they're Still helping them to recover? If that's true, than it was really dickish of the Saints to suck the last two years when New Orleans needed them most.

The fact is that New Orleans is done recovering.  They've been done recovering.  The tax base is the only thing that came or wanted to come back.  The others were just folks living off the Gubment.  And those people were many.

All this was my point.  If I'm still a weird fucking dude, so be it.  I'm tired of Katrina getting invoked every single time New Orleans is mentioned.  (Probably for political reasons, and I don't want politics in my football.)  If this is okay, then I suppose we should start crediting the New York Yankees' and Jets' performances for making everyone forget about 9/11.

Never forget.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 12:50:26 PM

Never forget.

That too.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on January 25, 2010, 12:52:35 PM

Never forget.

That too.

The 2009 Cardinals Super Bowl went a long way toward helping me forget about the 410,000 houses in foreclosure in Phoenix.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2010, 01:00:13 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 25, 2010, 12:55:34 PM
Quote from: Day Man on January 25, 2010, 12:52:35 PM

Never forget.

That too.

The 2009 Cardinals Super Bowl went a long way toward helping me forget about the 410,000 houses in foreclosure in Phoenix.

Thanks a lot for ruining Detroit, stupid Tigers.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2010, 01:04:10 PM »
This ain't a super bowl thread, but it's close enough.
http://www.newser.com/article/d9d90qd81/heisman-trophy-winner-tim-tebow-to-appear-in-super-bowl-commercial-celebrating-family-life.html

"The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life."

The group isn't releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow's 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 25, 2010, 01:04:10 PM
http://www.newser.com/article/d9d90qd81/heisman-trophy-winner-tim-tebow-to-appear-in-super-bowl-commercial-celebrating-family-life.html

"The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life."

The group isn't releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow's 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim."

We'll all be better men after seeing the Tebows' commercial.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »

This reminds me of the Catholic Church commercials I've been seeing lately. Those aren't sleazy.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 25, 2010, 01:21:36 PM

This reminds me of the Catholic Church commercials I've been seeing lately. Those aren't sleazy.

The Catholics Come Home nonsense?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »

OH NOES!!!!!
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2010, 01:45:19 PM »

As much as I'd love to just sit here and make dong jokes based on a year-old incident...

Seeing as how the Saints had absolutely no answer for Visanthe, it made perfect sense for the Vikings to stop passing to him.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16