News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 82,987 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Apocalypse
« Reply #315 on: October 06, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2010, 08:58:46 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 07:53:40 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on October 06, 2010, 06:56:27 AM
Moss to the Vikings confirmed.  Just waiting on paperwork.

Jake Utler is now the 4th best QB in the division.  He's the Rich Hill of the Bears.

5th. At best. Shaun Hill's played well. And Tarvaris Jackson has started a playoff game, so he's probably better than Jay, too. So I guess that's sixth. Except Todd Collins managed to take only one sack on Sunday, so he's not a concussion-faking crybaby who holds onto the ball too long while Frank Omiyale is busy valiantly driving Justin Tuck straight into his back (which Collinsworth assures me is good blocking), so Jay is at best 7th. Although, Hanie managed to complete a pass for a first down, so 8th is looking like a real possibility. I'm not even sure who Aaron Rodger's backup is, but Green Bay has a great system and is a Superbowl lock capable of being beaten only by themselves, so whoever he is he'd probably do okay. I'll go with 9th.

Update: It appears GB's backup is Matt Flynn, who won a championship at LSU. Jay Cutler did not win an NCAA Championship at Vanderbilt, so it only stands to reason that Matt Flynn clearly has him beat.

Though this was entertaining, why even waste the time responding to TDubbs?

B/c I'm better than you at stuff
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: October 06, 2010, 09:58:44 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 09:26:53 AM

Jake Utler is now the 4th best QB in the division.  He's the Rich Hill of the Bears.

5th. At best. Shaun Hill's played well. And Tarvaris Jackson has started a playoff game, so he's probably better than Jay, too. So I guess that's sixth. Except Todd Collins managed to take only one sack on Sunday, so he's not a concussion-faking crybaby who holds onto the ball too long while Frank Omiyale is busy valiantly driving Justin Tuck straight into his back (which Collinsworth assures me is good blocking), so Jay is at best 7th. Although, Hanie managed to complete a pass for a first down, so 8th is looking like a real possibility. I'm not even sure who Aaron Rodger's backup is, but Green Bay has a great system and is a Superbowl lock capable of being beaten only by themselves, so whoever he is he'd probably do okay. I'll go with 9th.

Update: It appears GB's backup is Matt Flynn, who won a championship at LSU. Jay Cutler did not win an NCAA Championship at Vanderbilt, so it only stands to reason that Matt Flynn clearly has him beat.

I'm long winded and I work at a lifeless government job.

Gil thinks you're overpaid.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: October 06, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 06, 2010, 09:58:44 AM

He's right about that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: October 06, 2010, 10:21:45 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 10:01:15 AM

He's right about that.

There's a first time for everything.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: October 06, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 06, 2010, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2010, 10:01:15 AM

He's right about that.

There's a first time for everything.

Wait a minute...
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: October 06, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 08:14:06 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 05, 2010, 08:06:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 07:06:39 PM
Fuck it. Bring him on. I'll be glad to hear the media figure out a way to blame him when Favre throws another pick into double coverage and has it picked off.

The rumored compensation is a third-rounder.  That doesn't sound like very much, but I guess it's just a rumor at this point. 

I also find it funny that the Internet's most popular sportswriter started this entire thing because he doesn't know how to use the Internet.

That's it? God dammit, Jerry Angelo. Offer one of the second round picks that you're going to waste on a fragile defensive tackle from Abilene Christian anyway and get him just to screw over Minny.

The Bears should petition the NFL to force Moss to sit out one of the Bears games this year since he's avoiding his bye week with this trade.

ASTERISK!!
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 06, 2010, 01:01:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 08:14:06 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 05, 2010, 08:06:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2010, 07:06:39 PM
Fuck it. Bring him on. I'll be glad to hear the media figure out a way to blame him when Favre throws another pick into double coverage and has it picked off.

The rumored compensation is a third-rounder.  That doesn't sound like very much, but I guess it's just a rumor at this point. 

I also find it funny that the Internet's most popular sportswriter started this entire thing because he doesn't know how to use the Internet.

That's it? God dammit, Jerry Angelo. Offer one of the second round picks that you're going to waste on a fragile defensive tackle from Abilene Christian anyway and get him just to screw over Minny.

The Bears should petition the NFL to force Moss to sit out one of the Bears games this year since he's avoiding his bye week with this trade.

ASTERISK!!

He didn't have a catch this week, so it's like he didn't even play.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2010, 09:53:18 AM »
Do not try contacting Peter King today as Deadspin is planning on releasing the Brett Favre dong pictures.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 07, 2010, 09:53:18 AM
Do not try contacting Peter King today as Deadspin is planning on releasing the Brett Favre dong pictures.

Deadspin is weird.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2010, 09:55:02 AM

Deadspin is weird.

They scare me. Then again, I'm not sending DongPhotos to Vapid Fame Whores.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: October 07, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »

Deadspin is weird.

Mostly weird, but also good.

QuoteAlso, Bobby Cox is a fucking wife beater. I like how people play up his ejection record, as if it means he's super fiery and competitive and uses ejections to rally his team. No, no he got tossed a zillion times from games because he's a FUCK. Let's dredge up this old chestnut. The best part is when he got drunk!

"According to the police report, the Coxes had been entertaining friends when Bobby spilled a drink on the carpet of their northwest Atlanta house and Pamela made a comment about it. The report said that after the guests left, Bobby, 53, "hit her in the face with his fist," pulled her hair and called her "a bitch." When they reached the house, the police reported, they heard arguing inside, where they found Bobby drunk and Pamela with the left side of her face swollen."

Real reasonable fellow right there.

MRS. COX: Dear, perhaps that spilled drink is an indicator you've had too much to drink.

BOBBY: (fucking fist to the jaw)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: October 07, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2010, 10:00:08 AM

Deadspin is weird.

QuoteAlso, Bobby Cox is a fucking wife beater. I like how people play up his ejection record, as if it means he's super fiery and competitive and uses ejections to rally his team. No, no he got tossed a zillion times from games because he's a FUCK. Let's dredge up this old chestnut. The best part is when he got drunk!

"According to the police report, the Coxes had been entertaining friends when Bobby spilled a drink on the carpet of their northwest Atlanta house and Pamela made a comment about it. The report said that after the guests left, Bobby, 53, "hit her in the face with his fist," pulled her hair and called her "a bitch." When they reached the house, the police reported, they heard arguing inside, where they found Bobby drunk and Pamela with the left side of her face swollen."

MRS. COX: Dear, perhaps that spilled drink is an indicator you've had too much to drink.

As I've stated before, Drew Magary is awesome.  AJ Daulerio, however, is a piece of shit.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: October 07, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 07, 2010, 10:01:47 AM

Deadspin is weird.

As I've stated before, Drew Magary is awesome.  AJ Daulerio, however, is a piece of shit.

His mailbag two days ago about killed me. Does Deadspin have a good "writer index" so I can go through all of stuff? I mostly access it on the phone (mobile site) so it's hard to find such a thing on there.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on October 07, 2010, 10:10:57 AM

Deadspin is weird.

His mailbag two days ago about killed me. Does Deadspin have a good "writer index" so I can go through all of stuff? I mostly access it on the phone (mobile site) so it's hard to find such a thing on there.

This tag should give you all of Magary's stuff (which is really all that's worth reading there).

http://deadspin.com/tag/ballsdeep/

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2010, 10:36:36 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 07, 2010, 10:13:02 AM
Quote from: Yeti on October 07, 2010, 10:10:57 AM

Deadspin is weird.

This tag should give you all of Magary's stuff (which is really all that's worth reading there).

http://deadspin.com/tag/ballsdeep/

There's some chick over there who wrote a good piece on the David Frost/Mike Danton story (Danton the former St. Louis Blue who went to jail for attempting to hire a hit man to kill Frost, who was his agent).

As for AJ Daulerio, the man is a saint.  I mean, he stood up to the man and published the names of the Duke guys in that slide show!  THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW!