News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 83,049 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse
« Reply #480 on: November 01, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 01, 2010, 03:54:54 PM
Personally I like the possibility of the Vikings coughing up a draft pick for Moss only to see him wind up back with the Patriots.

He'd have to get past every other team before the Pats could waive him, which is totally unlikely.

Plus, I'm pretty sure many of the Pats brass don't want him back at all.

Plus (x2), apparently the Vikings have not officially put him on waivers yet because all of the players are pissed about this and hate Chilly.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: November 01, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on November 01, 2010, 05:04:19 PM
Plus (x2), apparently the Vikings have not officially put him on waivers yet because all of the players are pissed about this and hate Chilly.

To wit...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/monday-waiver-wire-does-not-include-randy-moss/

QuoteJay Glazer of FOX reports that the official Monday waiver wire has been released by the league office.

And that it doesn't contain the name of Randy Moss.

Thus, it means that Moss has not yet officially been released.

It doesn't mean he won't be cut.  It only means that he hasn't been cut yet.

Meanwhile, Glazer says that receiver Percy Harvin is "livid" with the development.  Moss, Harvin, and quarterback Tarvaris Jackson are represented by agent Joel Segal.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: November 01, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 01, 2010, 05:18:01 PM

To wit...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/monday-waiver-wire-does-not-include-randy-moss/

QuoteJay Glazer of FOX reports that the official Monday waiver wire has been released by the league office.

Meanwhile, Glazer says that receiver Percy Harvin is "livid" with the development.  Moss, Harvin, and quarterback Tarvaris Jackson are represented by agent Joel Segal.

It appears that Childress cut him on the spot without remembering that he doesn't actually have the authority to...you know, cut players. I think he basically took out his rage at being unable to do anything whatsoever regarding Favre on Moss. So the Vikings' front office and players all hate their head coach. Awesome. Slaky is a powerful man, folks. Never be the target of any of his threads.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: November 01, 2010, 06:48:15 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 01, 2010, 05:32:44 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 01, 2010, 05:18:01 PM

To wit...

It appears that Childress cut him on the spot without remembering that he doesn't actually have the authority to...you know, cut players. I think he basically took out his rage at being unable to do anything whatsoever regarding Favre on Moss. So the Vikings' front office and players all hate their head coach. Awesome. Slaky is a powerful man, folks. Never be the target of any of his threads.

Said head coach of course, got a contract extension last year.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: November 01, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 01, 2010, 03:54:54 PM
Personally I like the possibility of the Vikings coughing up a draft pick for Moss only to see him wind up back with the Patriots.

He'd have to get past every other team before the Pats could waive him, which is totally unlikely.

Plus, I'm pretty sure many of the Pats brass don't want him back at all.

I realize all this.

But why do you have to crush my dreams?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: November 01, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 01, 2010, 05:32:44 PM
It appears that Childress cut him on the spot without remembering that he doesn't actually have the authority to...you know, cut players.

I think I read that his new contract gave him control of the roster, so it's technically his call.  Not sure if that's true or not.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: November 01, 2010, 07:27:45 PM »
Since Moss in a Bears uniform would be bonartime we can safely assume it'll never hai, correct?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: November 01, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on November 01, 2010, 07:27:45 PM
Since Moss in a Bears uniform would be bonartime we can safely assume it'll never hai, correct?

Well, they have at least 15 teams ahead of them in the waiver-wire pecking order, for starters.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: November 01, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 01, 2010, 07:45:54 PM

Well, they have at least 15 teams ahead of them in the waiver-wire pecking order, for starters.

And Moss is too skinny to play tackle or guard, so I don't see what the big deal would be.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: November 01, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »

Yes, but he's CLUBHOUSE CANCER and a purveyor of DISGUSTING ACTS.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: November 01, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on November 01, 2010, 08:07:26 PM

Yes, but he's CLUBHOUSE CANCER and a purveyor of DISGUSTING ACTS.

He also has a huge-ass boombox and likes salsa music.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: November 01, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »
This is delicious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhhtAYXSIYzsU_jgBYWqco45nYcB?slug=jc-mossrelease110110

Quote"When he told [the players] that he was cutting Randy, it was like a double-shot of pure caffeine," a team source said. "It was one of those moments where you're just jolted up, like, 'Whoa, what just happened? Did he really just say that? Really, I thought he was joking, then I realized it was Chilly and he doesn't joke. Well, he jokes, but it's not funny."

Quote"Look at the tape. Look at the coverages," one of the sources said. "Look at what he does for everybody else. Percy [Harvin] is running free all over the field right now. The running game is moving along. I don't even care about the fact that he's smarter than everybody on the coaching staff."

QuoteNever mind that the team was averaging a touchdown more per game with Moss (21.5 points the past four games versus 14.3 points in the first three games). Scoring be damned, Childress had to maintain control.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 01, 2010, 10:22:11 PM
This is delicious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhhtAYXSIYzsU_jgBYWqco45nYcB?slug=jc-mossrelease110110

Quote"When he told [the players] that he was cutting Randy, it was like a double-shot of pure caffeine," a team source said. "It was one of those moments where you're just jolted up, like, 'Whoa, what just happened? Did he really just say that? Really, I thought he was joking, then I realized it was Chilly and he doesn't joke. Well, he jokes, but it's not funny."

Quote"Look at the tape. Look at the coverages," one of the sources said. "Look at what he does for everybody else. Percy [Harvin] is running free all over the field right now. The running game is moving along. I don't even care about the fact that he's smarter than everybody on the coaching staff."

QuoteNever mind that the team was averaging a touchdown more per game with Moss (21.5 points the past four games versus 14.3 points in the first three games). Scoring be damned, Childress had to maintain control.

QuoteSome people will say that Childress isn't doing anything that Bill Belichick didn't do earlier this season when he dealt Moss. If it's OK for Belichick to trade Moss, why isn't it OK for Childress to cut him? The problem with that comparison is that Childress is missing three things.

Or three rings, as it were.

Correct me if I'm wrong... This is not a stupid move because Childress doesn't have rings. It's a stupid move because he's cutting Moss without getting anything in return.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: November 01, 2010, 10:31:18 PM »
Quote"Look at the tape. Look at the coverages," one of the sources said. "Look at what he does for everybody else. Percy [Harvin] is running free all over the field right now. The running game is moving along. I don't even care about the fact that he's smarter than everybody on the coaching staff. He's a game-changer."

You elided the best part of that quote'd

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: November 01, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2010, 10:30:12 PM
This is delicious.

QuoteSome people will say that Childress isn't doing anything that Bill Belichick didn't do earlier this season when he dealt Moss. If it's OK for Belichick to trade Moss, why isn't it OK for Childress to cut him? The problem with that comparison is that Childress is missing three things.

Or three rings, as it were.

Correct me if I'm wrong... This is not a stupid move because Childress doesn't have rings. It's a stupid move because he's cutting Moss without getting anything in return.

That.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015