News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse  ( 83,006 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Viking Dongpocalypse
« Reply #555 on: December 14, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 14, 2010, 01:34:13 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 14, 2010, 11:33:43 AM
Quote from: Brownie on December 14, 2010, 09:18:00 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 14, 2010, 09:16:37 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 14, 2010, 08:55:32 AM
No way they have that roof fixed in time for next week's game.

So Detroit, Indy or St.Louis then?

St. Louis or New Orleans.

A St. Louis game would be nice.

Because...

Duh! Brett Favre would be able to play in front of the Best Fans in BaseballTM as a home player, then go over to Shannon's, get loaded and take to Missouri's Highway System while texting Jenn Sterger, Peter King and Zygi Wilf.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: December 14, 2010, 01:39:12 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 14, 2010, 01:37:32 PM

Because...

Duh! Brett Favre would be able to play in front of the Best Fans in BaseballTM as a home player, then go over to Shannon's, get loaded and take to Missouri's Highway System while texting Jenn Sterger, Peter King and Zygi Wilf.

Oh. Right on.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: December 14, 2010, 02:20:44 PM »

Because...

Because it's 90 minutes from my front door

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: December 14, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 14, 2010, 12:34:55 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 14, 2010, 12:26:32 PM
Looks like it'll probably be at the University of Minnesota stadium:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5916964&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

QuoteIf the Metrodome cannot be repaired in time, Monday night's Chicago Bears-Minnesota Vikings game will be played at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium.

Roy Terwilliger, president of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, which owns and operates the Metrodome, said the Vikings and the NFL are working on a dual plan for the two sites as crews work on damage assessments. A decision is expected Tuesday night.

"They want to definitely keep it in Minnesota," Terwilliger said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000.

I hope that Roy's brother Bob is still in prison.

What, and Cecil roaming free?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 14, 2010, 12:26:32 PM
Looks like it'll probably be at the University of Minnesota stadium:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5916964&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

QuoteIf the Metrodome cannot be repaired in time, Monday night's Chicago Bears-Minnesota Vikings game will be played at the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium.

Roy Terwilliger, president of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, which owns and operates the Metrodome, said the Vikings and the NFL are working on a dual plan for the two sites as crews work on damage assessments. A decision is expected Tuesday night.

"They want to definitely keep it in Minnesota," Terwilliger said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000.

Not so fast...

Scott Ellison, university associate athletic director in charge of facilities and event management, told Chip on Monday that removing snow from TCF Bank Stadium would take five to six days. Ellison inspected the stadium on Monday and said there are 4- to 5-foot snow drifts on the field, in the stands and in the concourses.

"Looking at what we have over there now, it would take us all this week to get the snow out," Ellison said.

Here's more:

QuoteAll that's needed is the go-ahead from the Vikings, which Ellison said must come quickly.

"That would be a process that we would like to start (today), if we knew there was a possibility that there could be a game there," Ellison said. "We don't have any commitment. We haven't been in any discussion about that possibility yet today. We're kind of waiting to hear what's going on."

Roy Terwilliger, chairman of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, which operates the Metrodome, said discussions have started with the Vikings and the Gophers, but no decision has been made about moving the game. Terwilliger said they are waiting on the timetable for the Metrodome's repairs. He said the timeframe should be determined by 6 p.m. today.

Snow removal from the field, concourse and seating areas is the biggest obstacle the U would face.

"We would probably need all week in order to get all of the snow out of the stadium," Ellison said. "It's worse than I thought. But we don't want to start working on it and get stuck with a bill. That's part of the process, too.

"We need to understand what it is they're looking for. They need to understand what we're up against and how we can cover our out-of-pocket expenses to get the process started."

Also, will this game happen somewhere where beer sales is a big question mark?

QuoteFor the game to move to TCF Bank Stadium, other issues beside getting the building cleared and operational would need to be addressed. For instance, the Gophers' home seats 50,805, but the Metrodome seats 64,111. And Ellison said more seats cannot be added. Also, the NFL hashmarks are closer to the middle of the field than those in a college game.

As far as serving alcohol, Ellison said the athletic department would have to get permission from the university's Board of Regents. Alcohol has been banned for sale inside the stadium since it opened in 2009. The concessions aren't equipped with beer taps, but Ellison said they likely would just sell bottles.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2010, 03:11:03 PM »
DPD, but I'm so gleeful that the Vikings are making some of our local franchises look like they know what they're doing:

But Garry Bowman, director of athletic communications at the University of Minnesota, said that as of midday Tuesday the school was still waiting for a request to begin what he said would be the tall order of clearing tons of snow from inside the stadium. "If we're going to do it, we really need to get started yesterday," Bowman said. Given all the snow and other weather-related factors, it would likely take 5-6 days to prepare TCF for an NFL game, he said.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2010, 04:13:11 PM »
I guess it's too much to hope that they move the game to Chicago.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: December 14, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 14, 2010, 04:13:11 PM

I honestly hope they don't. I don't want to hear the fucking whining that would result if the Bears won. I just want to enjoy my fucking NFC North Division Champions T-shirt in solemn silence. Just for one fucking day. That's all I want.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: December 14, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 14, 2010, 07:07:50 PM

I honestly hope they don't. I don't want to hear the fucking whining that would result if the Bears won. I just want to enjoy my fucking NFC North Division Champions T-shirt in solemn silence. Just for one fucking day. That's all I want.

He's actually going to celebrate it with a day of silence. Just Apex, a dark, soundproof basement, and one solitary t-shirt. Disturb him at your own risk, folks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: December 14, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 14, 2010, 07:10:51 PM

He's actually going to celebrate it with a day of silence. Just Apex, a dark, soundproof basement, and one solitary t-shirt. Disturb him at your own risk, folks.

It doesn't even have to be official. Doesn't even have to say "Bears" on it.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: December 14, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »

Good point. Maybe they could play it at Miller Park.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: December 14, 2010, 09:12:27 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 14, 2010, 08:50:11 PM

It's been decided. TCF Field it is.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2010, 09:24:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 14, 2010, 09:12:27 PM

See you all at the FARGODOME.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 14, 2010, 09:12:27 PM

I'm telling you: this will be entertaining. The U of M is about as prepared to host an NFL game as my backyard is. At least I'd be able to serve beer.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »
If the Vikings need a quarterback to start Monday night I'm sure this guy would love the opportunity:
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015