News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010 Bears coaching thread: BRING DITKA BACK TO DA BEARS  ( 7,789 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010 Bears coaching thread: BRING DITKA BACK TO DA BEARS
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »
Nice to Lovie to ensure that this loss is legitimate.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 05:55:30 PM »
I've been cleaning all day but I have the game on in the background. I got a hearty chuckle when I saw it was 14-7 at half and 5 minutes into the third it was suddenly 28-7.

This team is atrocious.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 07:16:44 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 20, 2009, 05:55:30 PM
I've been cleaning all day but I have the game on in the background. I got a hearty chuckle when I saw it was 14-7 at half and 5 minutes into the third it was suddenly 28-7.

This team is atrocious.
I did not see this season coming.  I really believed that this team was going to be decent enough to compete for the division title.  What a shitty sports year.   

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 04:05:07 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on December 20, 2009, 07:16:44 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 20, 2009, 05:55:30 PM

This team is atrocious.
I did not see this season coming.  I really believed that this team was going to be decent enough to compete for the division title.  What a shitty sports year.   

Really?  The weaknesses of this team were apparent from the OTAs to training camp to opening night.  There were and are glaring holes at nearly every position, save QB.

Just hope for Cowher and his drafting prowess.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 07:20:55 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 20, 2009, 03:35:47 PM
Prior to the game, Jerry Angelo met with the press and was asked if Lovie Smith would be back next year.  Angelo replied that everyone would be evaluated following the season.  So that gives some hope.  Especially if the evaluators are watching the Ravens game today.

Except Billick said before the game he'd heard that Lovie was back next year no matter what. I'd like to know where he heard that. I managed to make it through this game all the way to Cutler's second interception. That's the longest I've watched since the Philly game. Good thing I'm a LIFE LONG Saints fan.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:39:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 21, 2009, 07:20:55 AM
Prior to the game, Jerry Angelo met with the press and was asked if Lovie Smith would be back next year.  Angelo replied that everyone would be evaluated following the season.  So that gives some hope.  Especially if the evaluators are watching the Ravens game today.

Except Billick said before the game he'd heard that Lovie was back next year no matter what. I'd like to know where he heard that. I managed to make it through this game all the way to Cutler's second interception. That's the longest I've watched since the Philly game. Good thing I'm a LIFE LONG Saints fan.

Fuck Dallas

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »

SKO, I know I heard somewhere (the Score most likely) last week that unless the Bears were completely embarassed in the last 3 games, Lovie's job was safe.  It was this report that led to Angelo's "no confidence" vote when he was asked if it was true. 

Also, the Bears were completely embarassed yesterday, so it might not have mattered anyway.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 21, 2009, 08:39:25 AM

Fuck Dallas

With a rusty chainsaw blade.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 21, 2009, 08:57:06 AM

SKO, I know I heard somewhere (the Score most likely) last week that unless the Bears were completely embarassed in the last 3 games, Lovie's job was safe.  It was this report that led to Angelo's "no confidence" vote when he was asked if it was true. 

Also, the Bears were completely embarassed yesterday, so it might not have mattered anyway.

I'm cheering for embarrassment.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »

The Bears will be embarrased again Monday night against the Vikings and then one more time when they lose to the Lions. At that point Lovie will be fired.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on December 21, 2009, 09:53:39 AM

The Bears will be embarrased again Monday night against the Vikings and then one more time when they lose to the Lions. At that point Lovie will be fired.

Wait, remind me why we care if Lovie gets fired if Angelo is hiring his replacement, running the draft and signing free agents.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 21, 2009, 05:59:35 PM

Wait, remind me why we care if Lovie gets fired if Angelo is hiring his replacement, running the draft and signing free agents.

We don't.  Lovie being fired and Angelo staying is worse than having Smith around another year.  If Angelo gets to hire another coach it means we're stuck with his dumbass for several more years.  This thing has to be a clean sweep.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 21, 2009, 06:52:17 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 21, 2009, 05:59:35 PM

We don't.  Lovie being fired and Angelo staying is worse than having Smith around another year.  If Angelo gets to hire another coach it means we're stuck with his dumbass for several more years.  This thing has to be a clean sweep.

That's really depressing.