News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,606 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:39 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 07, 2012, 07:58:56 AM
Where did I say that was their fault? I was pointing out that they hold on to assets that we'll lose for nothing, when they can be traded for a player that can help score now. With a guy like Ellis, I think the Bulls have a good chance of beating the Heat in the playoffs.

You're acting like Ellis can just be had by sending Taj and Asik to Golden State and the Bulls' front office is stubbornly refusing to do it.

QuoteYou don't remember before Rose was drafted, all the talk about them not sure about who they'd draft? Maybe they always knew they wanted rose, but they sure didn't let on that that was the case, and with the first pick, there was no reason to hide your cards.

Again, why would you hold it against someone that they *possibly considered* drafting a guy who was pretty widely considered the best player in college basketball, but then didn't do it? I guess that there was no reason to not say they were drafting Rose, but there was no reason to say they were taking him either, other than to apparently help you sleep better at night.

QuoteWhat moves did GarPax make that were so good that you have their dong in your mouth?

- I thought they did a great job before the summer of 2010 in clearing cap space and preparing to make a run at LeBron. It's not their fault that three of the best players on Earth got together and decided they wanted to play together in Miami and win championships.
- I like the Deng extension, which a lot of people were pissed about at the time.
- Despite what Apex says, I think the Noah contract is a pretty good one. It's hard to find decent centers and locking up an athletic, skilled one in his prime rather than leaving the position to twist in the wind is smart.
- Gibson was a good value find late in the draft.
- Korver and Brewer are good role players signed to good contracts.
- CJ Watson was a really nice signing, considering he could start for about half the teams in the NBA.
- The Mirotic pick from last year's draft was outstanding and pretty much universally praised.

QuoteAny team with Rose on it would be a good team.

Not really. If you swapped Rose with John Wall or Corey Maggette, the Wizards and Bobcats still wouldn't be playoff teams. One player isn't enough to do anything. Kevin Love had an amazing year last year (arguably better than Rose's) and Minnesota won 17 games. I think GarPax has done a pretty decent job surrounding Rose with a deep and balanced team.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 07, 2012, 08:45:39 AM
Where did I say that was their fault? I was pointing out that they hold on to assets that we'll lose for nothing, when they can be traded for a player that can help score now. With a guy like Ellis, I think the Bulls have a good chance of beating the Heat in the playoffs.

You're acting like Ellis can just be had by sending Taj and Asik to Golden State and the Bulls' front office is stubbornly refusing to do it.

QuoteYou don't remember before Rose was drafted, all the talk about them not sure about who they'd draft? Maybe they always knew they wanted rose, but they sure didn't let on that that was the case, and with the first pick, there was no reason to hide your cards.

Again, why would you hold it against someone that they *possibly considered* drafting a guy who was pretty widely considered the best player in college basketball, but then didn't do it? I guess that there was no reason to not say they were drafting Rose, but there was no reason to say they were taking him either, other than to apparently help you sleep better at night.

QuoteWhat moves did GarPax make that were so good that you have their dong in your mouth?

- I thought they did a great job before the summer of 2010 in clearing cap space and preparing to make a run at LeBron. It's not their fault that three of the best players on Earth got together and decided they wanted to play together in Miami and win championships.
- I like the Deng extension, which a lot of people were pissed about at the time.
- Despite what Apex says, I think the Noah contract is a pretty good one. It's hard to find decent centers and locking up an athletic, skilled one in his prime rather than leaving the position to twist in the wind is smart.
- CJ Watson was a really nice signing, considering he could start for about half the teams in the NBA.
- The Mirotic pick from last year's draft was outstanding and pretty much universally praised.

Not really. If you swapped Rose with John Wall or Corey Maggette, the Wizards and Bobcats still wouldn't be playoff teams. One player isn't enough to do anything. Kevin Love had an amazing year last year (arguably better than Rose's) and Minnesota won 17 games. I think GarPax has done a pretty decent job surrounding Rose with a deep and balanced team.

So you think this Bulls team will win a championship as currently constructed? That's fine if you do, I just don't think they will.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 07, 2012, 08:53:07 AM
So you think this Bulls team will win a championship as currently constructed?

No, they probably won't. But that's attributable more to LeBron, Wade and Bosh than any major failures from the Bulls.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 05:14:40 PM
Quote from: BH on March 06, 2012, 04:30:33 PM
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 02:57:31 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 02:06:10 PM
Putting my poking stick away.

If the Bulls do not improve the roster by the deadline and head into the postseason likely doomed to last year's fate, are you guys ok with GarPax staying or is it pitchfork time? It's been noted here in this thread that aside from drafting Rose over Beasley they've done very little right. Hiring Thibs was a win. But how are you feeling?

I'd like for them to make a move, but short of acquiring Howard, I'm not sure there's much they can do to make them better than the Heat. And I think the Magic would be tards to take any package the Bulls could offer - I think Bulls fans completely overvalue Taj, Omer and Joakim. So at the end of the day I'll end up hoping for Derrick to put up 40+ in the conference finals or for Lebron to be kidnapped, rolled up in a throw rug and thrown off a bridge in Butthurtpuddle, OH. As for GarPax overall, the Thibs hire offset a lot of the other negatives for me. I fucking love Thibodeau.

I think GarPax definitely do as well. They aren't going to go into the luxury tax to keep asik and taj, why they won't trade one of those guys for anyone is beyond me, since one of them will leave the Bulls when their contracts are done. Some dumb team will pay Asik more than $10 million a year. GarPax lucked out and got the #1 pick and Derrick Rose. And almost screwed that up by drafting Beasley. As far as GMs go, GarPax seem middle of the road. They have to be some of the most conservative executives in the NBA. Nothing exciting. Bulls seem like a team destined to always be one great player away from being a team that can get passed the current Heat team. I love Thibs, but question why they didn't lock him up long-term last offseason.

Rip has a bruise and a slight strain. So he'll be day to day. So no move from the Bulls I'd guess. They'll bank on Rip staying healthy throughout the playoffs.

(momentarily removes GarPax's hog from mouth)

How is not wanting to pay the luxury tax GarPax's fault?

What makes you say that they "almost" drafted Beasley? I've honestly never heard that.

And based on the Skiles experience of players getting burned out on a hardass coach, what was the rush in extending Thibs (||)? Did Carol write that he was threatening to leave on the same blog that she broke the almost Beasley story?

(re-inserts GarPax wang into mouth)

You don't remember before Rose was drafted, all the talk about them not sure about who they'd draft? Maybe they always knew they wanted rose, but they sure didn't let on that that was the case, and with the first pick, there was no reason to hide your cards.

What moves did GarPax make that were so good that you have their dong in your mouth? Signing Ben Wallace? Losing ben gordon for nothing?

Any team with Rose on it would be a good team. I still don't think (even with Rip healthy, and that is probably unlikely during a full playoff run) they are good enough to beat the Heat. I hope I'm wrong, or that Bosh or Wade or Lebron get in a car accident.

You can see BH at war with himself here. Is he a Bull, or are the Bulls a they? Is he them? Are we all them? Are they all we?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 07, 2012, 09:45:35 AM

If the Bulls do not improve the roster by the deadline and head into the postseason likely doomed to last year's fate, are you guys ok with GarPax staying or is it pitchfork time? It's been noted here in this thread that aside from drafting Rose over Beasley they've done very little right. Hiring Thibs was a win. But how are you feeling?

I'd like for them to make a move, but short of acquiring Howard, I'm not sure there's much they can do to make them better than the Heat. And I think the Magic would be tards to take any package the Bulls could offer - I think Bulls fans completely overvalue Taj, Omer and Joakim. So at the end of the day I'll end up hoping for Derrick to put up 40+ in the conference finals or for Lebron to be kidnapped, rolled up in a throw rug and thrown off a bridge in Butthurtpuddle, OH. As for GarPax overall, the Thibs hire offset a lot of the other negatives for me. I fucking love Thibodeau.

I think GarPax definitely do as well. They aren't going to go into the luxury tax to keep asik and taj, why they won't trade one of those guys for anyone is beyond me, since one of them will leave the Bulls when their contracts are done. Some dumb team will pay Asik more than $10 million a year. GarPax lucked out and got the #1 pick and Derrick Rose. And almost screwed that up by drafting Beasley. As far as GMs go, GarPax seem middle of the road. They have to be some of the most conservative executives in the NBA. Nothing exciting. Bulls seem like a team destined to always be one great player away from being a team that can get passed the current Heat team. I love Thibs, but question why they didn't lock him up long-term last offseason.

Rip has a bruise and a slight strain. So he'll be day to day. So no move from the Bulls I'd guess. They'll bank on Rip staying healthy throughout the playoffs.

What makes you say that they "almost" drafted Beasley? I've honestly never heard that.

And based on the Skiles experience of players getting burned out on a hardass coach, what was the rush in extending Thibs (||)? Did Carol write that he was threatening to leave on the same blog that she broke the almost Beasley story?

You don't remember before Rose was drafted, all the talk about them not sure about who they'd draft? Maybe they always knew they wanted rose, but they sure didn't let on that that was the case, and with the first pick, there was no reason to hide your cards.

What moves did GarPax make that were so good that you have their dong in your mouth? Signing Ben Wallace? Losing ben gordon for nothing?

Any team with Rose on it would be a good team. I still don't think (even with Rip healthy, and that is probably unlikely during a full playoff run) they are good enough to beat the Heat. I hope I'm wrong, or that Bosh or Wade or Lebron get in a car accident.

You can see BH at war with himself here. Is he a Bull, or are the Bulls a they? Is he them? Are we all them? Are they all we?

I think getting served by Eli has him all out of sorts. He'll be right as rain after Carol welcomes him home from a long day at the stupid store with his slippers and a hot toddy.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 07, 2012, 09:49:38 AM

I think getting served by Eli has him all out of sorts. He'll be right as rain after Carol welcomes him home from a long day at the stupid store with his slippers and a hot toddy.

She once caught him beating it to Rotoworld. And it turned her on.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2012, 10:06:11 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 07, 2012, 10:01:12 AM
Quote from: R-V on March 07, 2012, 09:49:38 AM

She once caught him beating it to Rotoworld. And it turned her on.

I wasn't caught. It was all by design.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

So you think this Bulls team will win a championship as currently constructed? That's fine if you do, I just don't think they will.

I think one of the best things they did was build up the Bench Mob.  There's a reason why they win more games than pretty much every team in the NBA and it's not b/c of Boozer and Noah.  It's the 2nd unit. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 07, 2012, 11:06:53 AM

I think one of the best things they did was build up the Bench Mob.  There's a reason why they win more games than pretty much every team in the NBA and it's not b/c of Boozer and Noah.  It's the 2nd unit.  

Yay? In the playoffs when everybody shortens their rotation and the depth isn't an advantage anymore you have to get scoring from somewhere and it aint from your frontcourt. What's a girl to do?

Boozer would be an excellent rotation player in the postseason. But alas...

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 07, 2012, 11:37:11 AM

I think one of the best things they did was build up the Bench Mob.  There's a reason why they win more games than pretty much every team in the NBA and it's not b/c of Boozer and Noah.  It's the 2nd unit.  

Yay? In the playoffs when everybody shortens their rotation and the depth isn't an advantage anymore you have to get scoring from somewhere and it aint from your frontcourt. What's a girl to do?

Chad's taking a "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" take on the NBA. Screw the playoffs. The regular season is what matters.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 07, 2012, 12:16:10 PM

Chad's taking a "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" take on the NBA. Screw the playoffs. The regular season is what matters.

All the Chad's in the good seats at the UC teared up when they hoisted the MVP and Coach of The Year banners up to the rafters. The Bood Lights tasted oh, so sweet that day.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 07, 2012, 12:19:01 PM

All the Chad's in the good seats at the UC teared up when they hoisted the MVP and Coach of The Year banners up to the rafters. The Bood Lights tasted oh, so sweet that day.

I thougth we were saying good things that GarPax did to show how wrong BH was? 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on March 07, 2012, 01:32:42 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 07, 2012, 12:19:01 PM

I thougth we were saying good things that GarPax did to show how wrong BH was? 

You thougth-you thougth-you thougth-you thougth!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2012, 09:46:40 AM »
Obligatory mention that Derrick Rose is awesome. That game-winner was ridiculous. If you haven't seen it while drinking in the tears of the Milwaukee announcers, do so now.

And while I'm here, posting and chugging, his block of Brandon Jennings was pretty nice, too.

It seems odd, but Rose is fairly quietly having a better season than he did last year. He's turning it over way less, his field-goal percentage is up and his assist rate is up. Diving deeper into stuff no one here cares about but me, he's also stopped taking as many dumb, long jump shots (3 per game vs. 4.5 per game last year; he's also making them more frequently when he does take them). Those have been replaced by more shots at the rim, which he's making at a higher rate.

In short, Rose won the MVP last year and then got smarter, more efficient and more careful with the ball in the offseason. These are heady times.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 08, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
Obligatory mention that Derrick Rose is awesome. That game-winner was ridiculous. If you haven't seen it while drinking in the tears of the Milwaukee announcers, do so now.

And while I'm here, posting and chugging, his block of Brandon Jennings was pretty nice, too.

It seems odd, but Rose is fairly quietly having a better season than he did last year. He's turning it over way less, his field-goal percentage is up and his assist rate is up. Diving deeper into stuff no one here cares about but me, he's also stopped taking as many dumb, long jump shots (3 per game vs. 4.5 per game last year; he's also making them more frequently when he does take them). Those have been replaced by more shots at the rim, which he's making at a higher rate.

In short, Rose won the MVP last year and then got smarter, more efficient and more careful with the ball in the offseason. These are heady times.

Just fucking drained it.  Awesome.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs