News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,547 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 15, 2012, 08:12:07 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 14, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
Question though. When folks got all hindsore about the way the Heat celebrated their vanquishing of the mighty Celts last summer, did they consider scenes like the end of that game at the UC just now? Jesus Christ. Enthusiasm is great but win something first. I don't have a problem with celebrating in either instance but the Heat won't soon forget this shit. It's exactly the kind of thing the Bulls used for motivation in their demolition of the Pacers last week.

Did anyone besides John Lucas really celebrate that much? That guy should have celebrated; he's 4-foot-11 and he showed up LeBron James in the 4th quarter of a huge nationally televised game.

LeBron did manage to score 2 more points than DRose did in the 4th quarter, so he's got that going for him.

Did Boozer play?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »
Question though. When folks got all hindsore about the way the Heat celebrated their vanquishing of the mighty Celts last summer, did they consider scenes like the end of that game at the UC just now? Jesus Christ. Enthusiasm is great but win something first. I don't have a problem with celebrating in either instance but the Heat won't soon forget this shit. It's exactly the kind of thing the Bulls used for motivation in their demolition of the Pacers last week.

Did anyone besides John Lucas really celebrate that much? That guy should have celebrated; he's 4-foot-11 and he showed up LeBron James in the 4th quarter of a huge nationally televised game.

LeBron did manage to score 2 more points than DRose did in the 4th quarter, so he's got that going for him.

If only ESPN could spit out LeBron's dong long enough to notice that DRose has supplanted him as the best player on the planet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:05 AM »

The Bulls bench was yelling and screaming and waving towels the whole game. I guess it wasn't excessive considering the situation. Lucas showed his ass at the end but he's entitled.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 08:29:17 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 15, 2012, 08:27:22 AM
If only ESPN could spit out LeBron's dong long enough to notice that DRose has supplanted him as the best player on the planet.

I enjoy making fun of LeBron, but he's still the best player on Earth.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 15, 2012, 08:29:17 AM

Yeah, do return to the ice soccer threads and return here when Rose guards one (1) position as well as LeBron guards five. Holy shit.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 15, 2012, 08:32:00 AM

Yeah, do return to the ice soccer threads and return here when Rose guards one (1) position as well as LeBron guards five. Holy shit.

Lebron's baseline fadeaways are unstoppable. Deng was all over him and he still had no chance. He makes everything look effortless,
against great defenders. No idea why he defers to lesser players, especially at the end of games, but he's by far the best player in the NBA.
If he played during Jordan's era, Jordan would have him bloody and crying by the end of the first quarter.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 15, 2012, 08:43:05 AM

Lebron's baseline fadeaways are unstoppable. Deng was all over him and he still had no chance. He makes everything look effortless,
against great defenders. No idea why he defers to lesser players, especially at the end of games, but he's by far the best player in the NBA.
If he played during Jordan's era, Jordan would have him bloody and crying by the end of the first quarter.

If any player in NBA history played in Jordan's era, that would pretty much be the case.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2012, 08:49:35 AM »
Quote from: Fork on March 15, 2012, 08:45:06 AM

If any player in NBA history played in Jordan's era, that would pretty much be the case.

How smart was Boozer to take the night off for a playoff sneak attack?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2012, 08:52:16 AM »

Fucking meatballs. Why defer to a lesser player? Because you're double teamed and the lesser player is a hall of famer/all-star about to take advantage of a matchup problem. LeBron and Wade almost pulled that off last night. It doesn't matter who pulls the trigger. If you constantly draw a double team and make a perfect pass to a wide open teammate who is paid to score the basketball, you did your fucking job brilliantly. How much  basketball does a person need to watch before comprehending this?

I realize Jordan didn't do that but he's a very special case. The only player I know of who can do what Jordan did at the end of games well enough to win with it is Kobe - and he's managed alienate just about everyone he's ever played with/for in the process.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 15, 2012, 08:26:23 AM

Did Boozer Bostrich play?

Also invisible'd. Somebody put some muscle in Lucas's frappucino yesterday, that kid's got quite the swagger for a fringe NBA player.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 15, 2012, 08:54:47 AM
Quote from: BH on March 15, 2012, 08:26:23 AM

Did Boozer Bostrich play?

Also invisible'd. Somebody put some muscle in Lucas's frappucino yesterday, that kid's got quite the swagger for a fringe NBA player.

I thought Boozer made a good pass one time early in the game. Noah and Gibson were brilliant. The Bulls have a decided advantage in the frontcourt and the rebounding edge is the reason I think they have a chance against Miami on nights like last when the Heat are getting good looks but not knocking them down. Miami has been playing slow and sluggish for a couple of weeks and it showed up early in the game when they failed to rotate all the way over. JL3 pulled enough shots out of the side of his ass to make them pay - and proceeded to have a really, really, really good time in the process.

Miami is the only team in the NBA that inspires its opponents' absolute best on every single night - at least on the road. At home they'll step on throats early and coast. This team is not in playoff mode yet, nor should it be. I don't know what mode the Bulls are in - Beast/Spazz Mode apparently. They'll probably lock up homecourt again, which is important.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 15, 2012, 08:52:16 AM

Fucking meatballs. Why defer to a lesser player? Because you're double teamed and the lesser player is a hall of famer/all-star about to take advantage of a matchup problem. LeBron and Wade almost pulled that off last night. It doesn't matter who pulls the trigger. If you constantly draw a double team and make a perfect pass to a wide open teammate who is paid to score the basketball, you did your fucking job brilliantly. How much  basketball does a person need to watch before comprehending this?

I realize Jordan didn't do that but he's a very special case. The only player I know of who can do what Jordan did at the end of games well enough to win with it is Kobe - and he's managed alienate just about everyone he's ever played with/for in the process.

So your point is, a guy shooting over 50% from the floor should defer every time he's double teamed? I'm convinced with 3 guys on him, lebron is still quick enough, strong enough to score on them.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 15, 2012, 09:08:22 AM

So your point is, a guy shooting over 50% from the floor should defer every time he's double teamed? I'm convinced with 3 guys on him, lebron is still quick enough, strong enough to score on them.

Meatball.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »

Well there was that game shortly after he came out of retirement to drop double nickels on the Knicks, but found the totally unsuspected AIR WENNINGTON for the game-winner.

Also, all those times he kept feeding Paxson to close out the Lakers in 1991.

Still, he probably took more big shots than anyone else, so point taken to his specialness in this particular area.  Ahhh, memories....
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »
Hehe.