News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Questions about Swine Flu  ( 20,581 )

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Re: Questions about Swine Flu
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 01:18:35 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on May 02, 2009, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: butthead on May 02, 2009, 11:35:55 AM
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Maybe the swine flu wants the taquitos and you're simply a slave to its demands. Ever think of that?

You just blew my mind.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »
Quote from: Tank on May 02, 2009, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 02, 2009, 10:24:51 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on May 02, 2009, 08:13:09 AM
This thing has been around since at least September in the U.S.

What leads you to this conclusion?

I think he thinks he had it.

Or maybe he thinks his lady had it. Or someone else he knows.

Either way: PROOF.

No, I think I heard it on that same Podcast. I'll try to find a link. If I can't, you can assume that I heard wrong or dreamt it.

EDIT: Dreamt it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 11:15:34 AM »
I was coughing up a storm last night because I have a cold, and I think I freaked out the guy working at 7-11 when I went in to get some food at 1am. The poor guy probably thinks he has swine flu now. That's too bad for him, but I really wanted some taquitos.

Me and the missus went down to Puerto Vallarta last week.  Before I left Chicago, I had a cold, and 6 straight days of day drinking didn't cure it as well as I assumed it would.  When we were leaving Sunday, my eyes were watering in the airport with my efforts to hold in any coughing.  Any time anyone on the plane so much as sniffled, they got suspicious looks.

The Mexican government went high-tech on this one, though.  In the PV aeropuerto, they pointed a laser thermometer at our heads to take our temperature.  Then, we had a very brief layover in Mexico City, during which time they put us in front of a screen that showed our body heat just like the Predator would see it.
Hire Jim Essian!

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 05, 2009, 11:15:34 AM

Me and the missus went down to Puerto Vallarta last week.  Before I left Chicago, I had a cold, and 6 straight days of day drinking didn't cure it as well as I assumed it would.  When we were leaving Sunday, my eyes were watering in the airport with my efforts to hold in any coughing.  Any time anyone on the plane so much as sniffled, they got suspicious looks.

The Mexican government went high-tech on this one, though.  In the PV aeropuerto, they pointed a laser thermometer at our heads to take our temperature.  Then, we had a very brief layover in Mexico City, during which time they put us in front of a screen that showed our body heat just like the Predator would see it.

ok
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 11:28:40 AM »
People had told me that the day pigs would fly would be the day the Cubs won the World Series. Now I'm hearing that "Swine Flew," so was everything after October 1 a bad dream?

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 11:33:44 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 05, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
People had told me that the day pigs would fly would be the day the Cubs won the World Series. Now I'm hearing that "Swine Flew," so was everything after October 1 a bad dream?

Who gave Chuck TJ's login?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
That joke's been going around for a few days.  You'd think it would have died after day 1.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2009, 11:33:44 AM

Fork.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2009, 12:06:59 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 05, 2009, 11:49:00 AM

It's still good!  It's still good!  Just a little airborne!
Hire Jim Essian!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »
Shit. They put one of our General Population inmates (long-term guys) in an Isolation Cell today in the infirmary with flu-like symptoms. Good knowing you fellas. His dorm unit is about 200 feet from my office
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 02:07:41 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 05, 2009, 11:54:42 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 05, 2009, 11:33:44 AM

Fork.

I wouldn't give Chuck shit.

Scratch that, I give him shit all the time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 02:13:36 PM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
I still don't get this.  Isn't swine flu no worse than regular flu?  In fact, I'd suggest swine flu is LESS dangerous, since anyone who has a runny nose in the next month is going to run to the ER for treatment.

Is this like every few years when the Florida media gets slow and writes its "OMG SHARKS ARE EATING MILLIONS OF HUMANS!" articles?  And then the shark attack numbers end up being pretty much the same as they are every year?
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 05, 2009, 02:18:08 PM
I still don't get this.  Isn't swine flu no worse than regular flu?  In fact, I'd suggest swine flu is LESS dangerous, since anyone who has a runny nose in the next month is going to run to the ER for treatment.

Is this like every few years when the Florida media gets slow and writes its "OMG SHARKS ARE EATING MILLIONS OF HUMANS!" articles?  And then the shark attack numbers end up being pretty much the same as they are every year?

Lidle flu > Regular flu> Swine flu