News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Open "FYC" Thread  ( 96,892 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Open "FYC" Thread
« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »
More Chuck Fuckery.

QuoteCubs manager Dale Sveum was doing his pregame media briefing Sunday morning when he was interrupted by a roar, drowning out his thoughts.

Former Cubs outfielder Alfonso Soriano had just hit his first home run as a Yankee since returning to the Bronx on Friday, and his former teammates screamed and shouted as though they were sitting in the right-field bleachers at Yankee Stadium.

Starting pitcher Travis Wood was getting loosened up and heard the shouting.

"When I came out, I was like, 'What happened?' " Wood said.

Soriano is what happened, providing a clubhouse spark even while wearing Yankees pinstripes on the other coast.

"We were so happy we jumped out of our seats because we saw our boy hit a homer," Welington Castillo said.

That was all the players needed to psyche themselves up before a 2-1 win over the Giants, sealing their first series sweep in San Francisco since September 1993.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 29, 2013, 11:17:49 AM
More Chuck Fuckery.

QuoteCubs manager Dale Sveum was doing his pregame media briefing Sunday morning when he was interrupted by a roar, drowning out his thoughts.

Former Cubs outfielder Alfonso Soriano had just hit his first home run as a Yankee since returning to the Bronx on Friday, and his former teammates screamed and shouted as though they were sitting in the right-field bleachers at Yankee Stadium.

Soriano is what happened, providing a clubhouse spark even while wearing Yankees pinstripes on the other coast.

"We were so happy we jumped out of our seats because we saw our boy hit a homer," Welington Castillo said.

That was all the players needed to psyche themselves up before a 2-1 win over the Giants, sealing their first series sweep in San Francisco since September 1993.

Basically, Soriano's homer in New York propelled the Cubs to a sweep. Soriano is helping the Cubs win while on a different team.

The ultimate FYC.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #662 on: July 29, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2013, 12:25:36 PM
More Chuck Fuckery.

Basically, Soriano's homer in New York propelled the Cubs to a sweep. Soriano is helping the Cubs win while on a different team.

The ultimate FYC.

Pretty much every player, coach and executive in the Cubs organization thinks Chuck should fuck himself. That's beautiful.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #663 on: July 29, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »
More Chuck Fuckery.

The ultimate FYC.

I think that's actually what Chuck wanted all along, but Fuck Chuck hard.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #664 on: July 29, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 29, 2013, 01:05:47 PM
More Chuck Fuckery.

The ultimate FYC.

I think that's actually what Chuck wanted all along, but Fuck Chuck hard.

I don't really think Chuck ever wanted anything more than to have something to incessantly bitch about outside the bounds of ordinary reason.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #665 on: July 31, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #666 on: July 31, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 31, 2013, 04:36:07 PM
Again, Soriano's bat is hot at Wrigley Field.

Two men are accused of stealing baseball bats autographed by Ernie Banks and Alfonso Soriano and worth $300 each during a double-header at Wrigley Field.

I like Soriano as much as the next guy, unless that next guy is Chuck, but shouldn't a HOFer's bat be worth more?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2013, 09:26:22 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 31, 2013, 09:03:29 PM

Two men are accused of stealing baseball bats autographed by Ernie Banks and Alfonso Soriano and worth $300 each during a double-header at Wrigley Field.

I like Soriano as much as the next guy, unless that next guy is Chuck, but shouldn't a HOFer's bat signature be worth more?

Probably depends on the relative supply of signatures out there.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #668 on: July 31, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 31, 2013, 09:26:22 PM

I like Soriano as much as the next guy, unless that next guy is Chuck, but shouldn't a HOFer's bat signature be worth more?

And whether or not the bat is game-used.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #669 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:52 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 31, 2013, 09:33:12 PM

And whether or not the bat is game-used.

If these were game-used, I suspect they would have referred to them as "game-used" rather than just "bats autographed by." Kind of my whole point.

Game-used:

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=17400
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/1478727
https://www.collectauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=300
http://www.lelands.com/auction/AuctionDetail/63292/

Not game-used:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2406511
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2757216
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3002032

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #670 on: July 31, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »

I don't know. If I was decorating a rec room and inviting all you morans and Chuck, wouldn't Fonzie's bat rate just behind Sarge's shoes and Kevin Tapani's shitter among Cubs memorabilia we know people to have in their possession?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #671 on: August 01, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »

Ebay has a fuckload of signed bats from either of these guys, all for well under $300.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #672 on: August 01, 2013, 09:04:57 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 31, 2013, 11:29:29 PM

I don't know. If I was decorating a rec room and inviting all you morans and Chuck, wouldn't Fonzie's bat rate just behind Sarge's shoes and Kevin Tapani's shitter among Cubs memorabilia we know people to have in their possession?
I have a bottle of "Moises Alou Blister Cure-all".

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #673 on: August 14, 2013, 09:34:06 PM »
So... Why will the Cubs overpay for a Robinson Cano on the wrong side of 30, Chuck?

So they can get the team nearly to .500, of course!

https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/367830970738556928
https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/367831174502043648

Quote from: Chuck!I also think they need to reverse the TV ratings slide before they sign a new TV deal and to do that they'll need to show a near .500 team next year. WGN deal up after 2014.

It's Chuck!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #674 on: August 14, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 14, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
So... Why will the Cubs overpay for a Robinson Cano on the wrong side of 30, Chuck?

So they can get the team nearly to .500, of course!

https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/367830970738556928
https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/367831174502043648

Quote from: Chuck!I also think they need to reverse the TV ratings slide before they sign a new TV deal and to do that they'll need to show a near .500 team next year. WGN deal up after 2014.

It's Chuck!

Chuck says pay no attention to Soriano's 2 homers including grand slam and double tonight.

FY, C.