News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Wrigley Field should die a horrible, horrible death  ( 5,155 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Wrigley Field should die a horrible, horrible death
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 12, 2010, 03:05:24 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 12, 2010, 03:01:43 PM
Quote from: Yeti on July 12, 2010, 02:58:41 PM
Another thing that seems dumb is the fact that the Cardinals have a park that puts the Cubs to shame. The last Busch Stadium was even worlds better than Wrigley. The current park is really nice. Very roomy. Nice spots (the area out in Centerfield is really cool). I am there more than Wrigley, as it's closer and my friends are primarily Cardinal fans, but I don't mind it per se. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if I saw that their plane crashed, but going there isn't a chore. It's a good park that's easy to get to, easy to park at, and doesn't have a bad seat in the house.

I don't know, but this seems like the kind of thing some people around here aren't going to let go of anytime soon.

Based off of this place's track record of not accusing people of liking another team for appreciating one facet of them, I disagree.

*IAN and Irish Yeti go to lots of Cardinals games together.  Because they are both huge Cardinal fans.

Also, now we know why Ricketts is keeping Hendry around.  The Cubs don't suck because the GM built a shitty team.  They suck because no one can win in a park with outdated facilities where they play a lot of day games.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
Another thing that seems dumb is the fact that the Cardinals have a park that puts the Cubs to shame. The last Busch Stadium was even worlds better than Wrigley. The current park is really nice. Very roomy. Nice spots (the area out in Centerfield is really cool). I am there more than Wrigley, as it's closer and my friends are primarily Cardinal fans, but I don't mind it per se. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if I saw that their plane crashed, but going there isn't a chore. It's a good park that's easy to get to, easy to park at, and doesn't have a bad seat in the house.

I don't know, but this seems like the kind of thing some people around here aren't going to let go of anytime soon.
This is just a vain attempt to cover up his love of tweens.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »

Based off of this place's track record of not accusing people of liking another team for appreciating one facet of them taking the smallest exposed weakness and working it like it was Annabel Chong, I disagree.

Regardless of whatever the truth really is'd.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 03:19:34 PM »
When it comes down to it, the park is for the fans.  The players make/don't make the plays on virtually the same grass and dirt that all other MLB teams do, regardless of it being night and day.  I can't believe that there are people dumb enough to blame Wrigley Field, no matter how shitty they might think it is, and the day/night schedule for the Cubs losing.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 12, 2010, 02:27:46 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 12, 2010, 02:18:10 PM
Didn't this story come out like a week ago when the Reds were in town? I know it did but I think I still don't give a shit enough to find it with a week-old dateline.

And since Rolen is probably the only person in baseball who hates the Genius more than I do, and we have mutual friends in So. Indiana, I'm fine with him.  

It did. I don't think day games are the reason the Cubs haven't won in a century. That's idiotic.

I'm not of the thinking that the Cubs can't win in that park or under that schedule. It's just kind of pathetic. A $1 billion dollar franchise or whatever Ricketts paid and they're not even in the top 20 in facilities. $135 million dollar team on the field, but I wouldn't even pay that much for the park. It's ancient. My step-dad and I were talking about it over the weekend and he has been making me sad lately. He is over the mindset that the Cubs won't win in that park. Same goes for Santo. He doesn't think they'll win with him announcing. Both are ridiculous, but both things are pretty sad subjects for the Cubs.

Now, if I remember correctly, there are ordinances in place that limit the amount of night games they can play, correct? I know about the Friday/Saturday one, but I was thinking there was another one. It just seems retarded that a major league club can't schedule games how they'd like to, if that is the case. I don't think the day games adversely affect the Cubs but I would have to think that even though they usually do well selling out games, they'd be able to make more money during games  if they're at night (increased viewership, etc).

Your friends own a plane together, they excluded you from fractional ownership, they're Cardinals fans, and you're still friends with them? And you would be happy to learn that their plane crashed?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 12, 2010, 03:32:42 PM
Didn't this story come out like a week ago when the Reds were in town? I know it did but I think I still don't give a shit enough to find it with a week-old dateline.

And since Rolen is probably the only person in baseball who hates the Genius more than I do, and we have mutual friends in So. Indiana, I'm fine with him.  

It did. I don't think day games are the reason the Cubs haven't won in a century. That's idiotic.

I'm not of the thinking that the Cubs can't win in that park or under that schedule. It's just kind of pathetic. A $1 billion dollar franchise or whatever Ricketts paid and they're not even in the top 20 in facilities. $135 million dollar team on the field, but I wouldn't even pay that much for the park. It's ancient. My step-dad and I were talking about it over the weekend and he has been making me sad lately. He is over the mindset that the Cubs won't win in that park. Same goes for Santo. He doesn't think they'll win with him announcing. Both are ridiculous, but both things are pretty sad subjects for the Cubs.

Now, if I remember correctly, there are ordinances in place that limit the amount of night games they can play, correct? I know about the Friday/Saturday one, but I was thinking there was another one. It just seems retarded that a major league club can't schedule games how they'd like to, if that is the case. I don't think the day games adversely affect the Cubs but I would have to think that even though they usually do well selling out games, they'd be able to make more money during games  if they're at night (increased viewership, etc).

Your friends own a plane together, they excluded you from fractional ownership, they're Cardinals fans, and you're still friends with them? And you would be happy to learn that their plane crashed?

Yeti wants a winner that badly.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 12, 2010, 03:38:19 PM

Yeti wants a winner pre-teen slampiece that badly.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

I’m not of the thinking that the Cubs can’t win in that park or under that schedule. It’s just kind of pathetic. A $1 billion dollar franchise or whatever Ricketts paid and they’re not even in the top 20 in facilities. $135 million dollar team on the field, but I wouldn’t even pay that much for the park. It’s ancient. My step-dad and I were talking about it over the weekend and he has been making me sad lately. He is over the mindset that the Cubs won’t win in that park. Same goes for Santo. He doesn’t think they’ll win with him announcing. Both are ridiculous, but both things are pretty sad subjects for the Cubs.

Now, if I remember correctly, there are ordinances in place that limit the amount of night games they can play, correct? I know about the Friday/Saturday one, but I was thinking there was another one. It just seems retarded that a major league club can’t schedule games how they’d like to, if that is the case. I don’t think the day games adversely affect the Cubs but I would have to think that even though they usually do well selling out games, they’d be able to make more money during games  if they’re at night (increased viewership, etc).

Another thing that seems dumb is the fact that the Cardinals have a park that puts the Cubs to shame. The last Busch Stadium was even worlds better than Wrigley. The current park is really nice. Very roomy. Nice spots (the area out in Centerfield is really cool). I am there more than Wrigley, as it’s closer and my friends are primarily Cardinal fans, but I don’t mind it per se. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I would be extremely happy if I saw that their plane crashed, but going there isn’t a chore. It’s a good park that’s easy to get to, easy to park at, and doesn’t have a bad seat in the house.

I thought that y'all had downstate-English translators on your computers.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »
The terrible player facilities and the playing of day games are two separate issues. The first one is pathetic for a team with this much money and should be fixed. The second one is a lame excuse used by people who hate America, tolerate bullshit, think Busch Stadium makes a mean waffle fry, or all of the above.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 12, 2010, 03:55:22 PM
The terrible player facilities and the playing of day games are two separate issues. The first one is pathetic for a team with this much money and should be fixed. The second one is a lame excuse used by people who hate America, tolerate bullshit, think Busch Stadium makes a mean waffle fry, or all of the above.

You think I pay for food at the stadium? With drywall costs what they are, I bring my own shit in there.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 04:02:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 12, 2010, 03:59:25 PM

You think I pay for food at the stadium? With drywall costs what they are, I bring my own shit in there.
How much is bologna downstate?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 12, 2010, 04:02:04 PM
Quote from: Yeti on July 12, 2010, 03:59:25 PM

How much is bologna downstate?

Next to free.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 12, 2010, 03:12:07 PM

Based off of this place's track record of not accusing people of liking another team for appreciating one facet of them taking the smallest exposed weakness and working it like it was Annabel Chong, I disagree.

Regardless of whatever the truth really is'd.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!