News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 Chicago Cubs: Career Years for Everyone!  ( 43,362 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 Chicago Cubs: Career Years for Everyone!
« Reply #315 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:22 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 02, 2011, 07:47:36 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 02, 2011, 07:42:46 AM
Quote from: BH on June 01, 2011, 12:14:00 PM
This is all sorts of awesome.

Darwin Barney - "He makes up for his power and patience deficits by running out pop flies and reliably converting into outs the ground balls hit right at him. You can't teach that."

Juan Pierre - "If Pierre has a hole in his game, beyond his glove, arm, patience and power, it's that he wants it so, so badly. When he manages to get on base, his eagerness to help the team win results in failed steals and pickoffs aplenty. What courage! "

Gutsy and gritty are just words used by guys who don't want to say that the players they're describing aren't to describe yet another shitty player from LSU who isn't really that great, but it's cute that they try so hard.

Barney nor Pierre went to LSU, Hideo Bromo.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2011, 08:40:22 AM »
ELL-ASS-HURT!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: June 03, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »
The Cubs are gung-ho for gays. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

If only the "it" of It Gets Better was the team. DYR!!

Don't be fooled by Laura's involvement. This is all about protecting the business of the world's largest gay bar.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2011, 11:54:50 PM »
DPD. Career years for everyone?

"Overall, we didn't play very good baseball, and they did," Ryan Braun said. "That's a good team they have over there. I don't think they've played up to expectations to this point, but they're going to be in it at the end of the year. So it was a combination of us playing bad and them playing good."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2011, 12:26:45 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 16, 2011, 11:54:50 PM

"Overall, we didn't play very good baseball, and they did," Ryan Braun said. "That's a good team they have over there. I don't think they've played up to expectations to this point, but they're going to be in it at the end of the year. So it was a combination of us playing bad and them playing good."

I didn't know Ryan Braun could be somewhat gracious. He's also stupid and a liar.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2011, 02:18:01 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 17, 2011, 12:26:45 AM

I didn't know Ryan Braun could be somewhat gracious patronising. He's also stupid and a liar.

What's really going on'd.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2011, 09:39:09 AM »

I didn't know Ryan Braun could be somewhat gracious. He's also stupid and a liar and a bad dresser.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 17, 2011, 09:39:09 AM

I didn't know Ryan Braun could be somewhat gracious. He's also stupid and a liar and a bad dresser.

It's rare that changing into an Ed Hardy shirt could make someone look less douchey.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2011, 10:24:27 AM »

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: July 05, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Quote from: Fork on June 17, 2011, 10:20:17 AM

It's rare that changing into an Ed Hardy shirt could make someone look less douchey.

While this really belongs in the "The NL Central is really fucking bad" thread, this seems like a good place to post Ryan Braun promoting pop-shot inducing Muscle Milk.  No word on if he prefers the banana creme.

And here's the source article for the above that speaks to Braun being "one of the most conscientious stars in baseball about attempting to build his personal brand"
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: July 05, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 05, 2011, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: Fork on June 17, 2011, 10:20:17 AM

While this really belongs in the "The NL Central is really fucking bad" thread, this seems like a good place to post Ryan Braun promoting pop-shot inducing Muscle Milk.  No word on if he prefers the banana creme.

And here's the source article for the above that speaks to Braun being "one of the most conscientious stars in baseball about attempting to build his personal brand"

Ryan Braun makes Jim Edmonds look like Billy Dee Williams.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.