News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: "It's all done," the Chicago Cubs right-hander said. "I'm cured."  ( 10,831 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: "It's all done," the Chicago Cubs right-hander said. "I'm cured."
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 15, 2011, 10:01:01 PM
Like SKO said, had he followed through on the retirement, it would have been the perfect Z way to end his career

That.

Quote from: Fork on August 16, 2011, 07:48:14 AM
Z will get dumped this winter for pennies on the dollar and spend the next 5 years sticking it up the Cubs' ass. It's gonna hai.

I doubt this. But, at this point, I think I'd probably root for him.

Quote from: Waco Kid on August 16, 2011, 09:52:49 AM
Time for a Quade bashing of Castro in the media to show his reestablishment of his control over the clubhouse.

Or at least bench him for a week for dogging it to first on a pop fly.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 10:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 16, 2011, 10:15:09 AM
Quade's teams finish strong, dude. With or without their horses.

I've been away and haven't read Quade's comments or anything more than what's been in a couple of Sullivan articles. I really liked Zambrano for a long time but I'm just done with the whole thing. When things are going well, we never have problems with Zambrano. When things get bad, he gets worse. Some of the comments from his teammates, including Soriano calling him, "mentally weak," are starting to resonate with me.

I'm not on the ZOMG, DISQUALIFY! bandwagon or anything but I've got one fewer reprieve for my fire barn. Castro, Marmol and Quade. That's it.

/fin

I like you but Mike Quade is a moron.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 16, 2011, 10:22:27 AM
Like SKO said, had he followed through on the retirement, it would have been the perfect Z way to end his career

That.

Z will get dumped this winter for pennies on the dollar and spend the next 5 years sticking it up the Cubs' ass. It's gonna hai.

Time for a Quade bashing of Castro in the media to show his reestablishment of his control over the clubhouse.

Not sure where the Quade destroying Castro meme came from. But it's reeks of meatballery. Castro's getting better all the time and Quade has been in charge of coaching him. Whatever he's doing is working so hash tag etc.etc.etc.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 16, 2011, 10:23:03 AM

I've been away and haven't read Quade's comments or anything more than what's been in a couple of Sullivan articles. I really liked Zambrano for a long time but I'm just done with the whole thing. When things are going well, we never have problems with Zambrano. When things get bad, he gets worse. Some of the comments from his teammates, including Soriano calling him, "mentally weak," are starting to resonate with me.

I'm not on the ZOMG, DISQUALIFY! bandwagon or anything but I've got one fewer reprieve for my fire barn. Castro, Marmol and Quade. That's it.

/fin

So am I. This just feels right.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 16, 2011, 10:24:38 AM

That.

Not sure where the Quade destroying Castro meme came from. But it's reeks of meatballery. Castro's getting better all the time and Quade has been in charge of coaching him. Whatever he's doing is working so hash tag etc.etc.etc.

Rudolpho Jaramillo is the guy behind the guy.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »

Who ever said anything about "destroying"?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 16, 2011, 10:27:54 AM

Did he really bench him for a week for dogging it on a pop fly? I admit, I've not been watching.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »

Mike Quade is a retarded bald dumbfuck.  He has done nothing to help this team or this franchise, other than keep the manager's seat warm for a RYNOREVIVAL and an eventual world series ring.  He has handled the pitchers terribly, he has handled the clubhouse terribly, and he has frightened everybody within a 5 mile radius of wherever he is walking at the current moment.  He sucks.  What a waste of albino skin.  Zambrano is a dumb, shitty pitcher, but he should still have whupped Quade's naired ass if he had the chance for throwing him under the caboose.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »

Thinking Mike Quade is a sack of hairless shit (as opposed to hairy shit) doesn't automatically denote meatballery and I'm pretty sure I resent the inference. I was meh on Quade until this. Zambrano isn't blameless but Quade fucked this up, too.

This whole organization fucking sucks. What are we supposed to do? Who has it worse? When you combine spending power and size of fan base with ineptitude of an organization is there a combination in pro sports to match the Cubs? The Raiders and Bengals come to mind but they don't have nearly the size of fan base that the Cubs have. They also aren't considered amongst the richest teams in their league.

I mean really - this is as bad as it gets in sports. Right here. And I fully realize that claiming that the Cubs are the worst and no one is worse is part of the reason why Cub  fans are universally reviled. When they stink, we piss and moan about how it's so hard for us. Woe is the Cub fan. When they have a good team, which we have to admit does happen from time to time it's Go Cubs Go and wow, way to go - the team spending north of a hundred million dollars on payroll is actually winning a majority of their games - WAY TO GO.

Fuck this. I don't even care if none of that made sense.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:17 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 16, 2011, 10:40:36 AM

Thinking Mike Quade is a sack of hairless shit (as opposed to hairy shit) doesn't automatically denote meatballery and I'm pretty sure I resent the inference. I was meh on Quade until this. Zambrano isn't blameless but Quade fucked this up, too.

This whole organization fucking sucks. What are we supposed to do? Who has it worse? When you combine spending power and size of fan base with ineptitude of an organization is there a combination in pro sports to match the Cubs? The Raiders and Bengals come to mind but they don't have nearly the size of fan base that the Cubs have. They also aren't considered amongst the richest teams in their league.

I mean really - this is as bad as it gets in sports. Right here. And I fully realize that claiming that the Cubs are the worst and no one is worse is part of the reason why Cub  fans are universally reviled. When they stink, we piss and moan about how it's so hard for us. Woe is the Cub fan. When they have a good team, which we have to admit does happen from time to time it's Go Cubs Go and wow, way to go - the team spending north of a hundred million dollars on payroll is actually winning a majority of their games - WAY TO GO.

+12345

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 16, 2011, 10:55:17 AM

+12345

LSA
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 11:09:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 16, 2011, 10:23:03 AM

/fin

That moron has managed this team to victory in 12 of the last 15 games.  The Cubs are the hottest team in baseball!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »

Are the fans that piss and moan the annoying ones? Or is it the "go Cubbies go" fans that get excited about meaningless wins the annoying ones? The dancing and singing when we're a thousand games out has to be more embarrassing then booing would be. If I was not a Cub fan but saw the post game celebration in the stands on a national WGN broadcast I'd wonder why the stadium was full of retards.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »
I wonder what the attendance numbers would be at Cub games if they didn't sell beer? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 01:27:20 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 16, 2011, 12:33:25 PM
I wonder what the attendance numbers would be at Cub games if they didn't sell beer? 

Or if there were nails sticking up out of the seats.