News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sandberg. Really?  ( 21,178 )

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Sandberg. Really?
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 08, 2010, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 08, 2010, 01:13:46 PM
Quote from: BBM on July 08, 2010, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 07, 2010, 03:44:11 PM
Quote from: Night Man on July 07, 2010, 02:53:06 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: Night Man on July 07, 2010, 12:41:37 PM
Get ready for the Sandberg era!

QuotePiniella told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that he will finish managing this season, but won't take another managerial job afterwards. "I know that this will be my last managing job," Piniella said. "I do know that for a fact."

I don't think he ruled out an extension; he just won't start over elsewhere.

Damn it, Brownie.  Cubs legend Ryne Sandberg is coming home to RESCUE THIS TEAM.  I bet the first thing he does is insist on reacquiring Mark DeRosa and Kerry Wood.  What do you have against HOPE?

He's going to hire Mark Grace as his hitting coach too.

Well, at least I know I will have my summer's off for the forseeable future

Why?  Do you operate a taxi service for drunk fat chicks?

For some reason I picture BBM (who, I'm sure, looks like the hot dog dude from The Simpsons) waiting outside of Grace's house all day.

"Lady, he's put my kids through college".

I wish I looked like that and I should've made myself clear.  If the Cubs hire Sandberg and Grace.  I won't watch the cubs for the forseeable future because they will be assrapingly brutal.

Now, if they hired the Hawk as manager that would be the balls even if they stunk like hot rat ass. 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Quote from: BBM on July 09, 2010, 12:36:25 AM
Quote from: Oleg on July 08, 2010, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 08, 2010, 01:13:46 PM
Quote from: BBM on July 08, 2010, 01:12:04 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on July 07, 2010, 03:44:11 PM
Quote from: Night Man on July 07, 2010, 02:53:06 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 07, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
Quote from: Night Man on July 07, 2010, 12:41:37 PM
Get ready for the Sandberg era!

QuotePiniella told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that he will finish managing this season, but won't take another managerial job afterwards. "I know that this will be my last managing job," Piniella said. "I do know that for a fact."

I don't think he ruled out an extension; he just won't start over elsewhere.

Damn it, Brownie.  Cubs legend Ryne Sandberg is coming home to RESCUE THIS TEAM.  I bet the first thing he does is insist on reacquiring Mark DeRosa and Kerry Wood.  What do you have against HOPE?

He's going to hire Mark Grace as his hitting coach too.

Well, at least I know I will have my summer's off for the forseeable future

Why?  Do you operate a taxi service for drunk fat chicks?

For some reason I picture BBM (who, I'm sure, looks like the hot dog dude from The Simpsons) waiting outside of Grace's house all day.

"Lady, he's put my kids through college".

I wish I looked like that and I should've made myself clear.  If the Cubs hire Sandberg and Grace.  I won't watch the cubs for the forseeable future because they will be assrapingly brutal.

Now, if they hired the Hawk as manager that would be the balls even if they stunk like hot rat ass. 

Hawk for manager.

Hawk for general manager?

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »
Man, I really want to punch that picture in the face.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2010, 09:02:45 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 09, 2010, 08:18:32 AM
I have no idea what IAN wrote, because I just punched in my monitor.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 09, 2010, 09:02:45 AM

How did you find the "Post" button?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 09, 2010, 12:11:35 PM

Luck.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 09, 2010, 12:14:01 PM

Luck.

Two times in a row? You're a lucky dude. No wonder someone married you.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 09, 2010, 12:21:34 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 09, 2010, 12:14:01 PM

Luck.

Two times in a row? You're a lucky dude. No wonder someone married you.
Hells yeah.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2010, 12:56:45 PM »
Can anybody tell me if Sandberg knows how to manage a baseball team?  What has he done at Iowa?  What has Iowa done since Sandberg?  I don't care if the players like him.  The players liked Dusty.  I don't care if he gets thrown out of games.  A drunken fan who runs out on the field naked is going to get thrown out of the game too.  I don't care if if he chatty as all hell.  The guy next to me at the last game that I went to was chatty and I wanted him to be thrown out (and to stay off of my lawn).  I only want to know if he can manage a team any better than my deceased mother in law can.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 22, 2010, 12:56:45 PM
I only want to know if he can manage a team any better than my deceased mother in law can.

Since your mother in law is dead, she is presumably unable to call for first-inning sacrifice bunts.  Therefore, she'd be a better manager than Sandberg.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »
Can anybody tell me if Sandberg knows how to manage a baseball team?  What has he done at Iowa?  What has Iowa done since Sandberg?  I don't care if the players like him.  The players liked Dusty.  I don't care if he gets thrown out of games.  A drunken fan who runs out on the field naked is going to get thrown out of the game too.  I don't care if if he chatty as all hell.  The guy next to me at the last game that I went to was chatty and I wanted him to be thrown out (and to stay off of my lawn).  I only want to know if he can manage a team any better than my deceased mother in law can.

Sight-unseen, the consensus opinion of everyone on this messageboard is "probably not." Hope this helps.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2010, 01:00:34 PM »

They're 1.5 games out of first in the PCL. Good?

Seriously, you have a point. We haven't heard anything about how he manages in game.

And why is Iowa in the PCL? Shouldn't that be reserved for the SF Seals and the Oakland Oaks and the Hollywood Stars?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

I looked at some of Iowa's stats and I didn't see anything alarming, like too many times caught stealing versus successful steals.  A lot of Iowa's players are AAA or AAAA types, and he's managed them to a winning record.  But as far as bone-headed strategy decisions or bullpen management, I have no idea.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2010, 01:06:55 PM »

I have heard he buys into that old-timey, "Let's bunt!" shit. That's a strike against him in my book.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 22, 2010, 01:06:55 PM

I have heard he buys into that old-timey, "Let's bunt!" shit. That's a strike against him in my book.

I wonder how Sandberg's career would have gone if he'd have bunted every time Dernier led off by getting on base.