News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dusty Baker Enrages Cincinnati Thread  ( 5,536 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Dusty Baker Enrages Cincinnati Thread
« on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:31 PM »
Yes, it's 3-1 Reds through 6 but Cueto left the game after a few pitches. Looks like Dusty finally got to him.

Latos has done a nice job filling in but on three days rest.

Please make this hurt, baseball gods. And don't let Franchester and tHom experience any joy whatsoever.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dusty Baker Enrages Cincinnati Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 06, 2012, 10:43:31 PM
Yes, it's 3-1 Reds through 6 but Cueto left the game after a few pitches. Looks like Dusty finally got to him.

Please make this hurt, baseball gods. And don't let Franchester and tHom experience any joy whatsoever.

By this time, I'm confident that my hatred for tHom and Franchester far exceeds Dusty's.  Fuck the Reds.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:00:53 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 07, 2012, 08:15:43 AM

By this time, I'm confident that my hatred for tHom and Franchester far exceeds Dusty's.  Fuck the Reds.

Why doesn't Dusty hate the Brennamans as much as you do?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:30:13 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 07, 2012, 11:00:53 AM
Quote from: PANK! on October 07, 2012, 08:15:43 AM

By this time, I'm confident that my hatred for tHom and Franchester far exceeds Dusty's.  Fuck the Reds.

Why doesn't Dusty hate the Brennamans as much as you do?

Heh.

No but fuck the Reds.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

Jesus, what kind of thyroid condition does Billy Hatcher have?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 25, 2013, 05:30:18 PM

Mrs. Butthead said he looked normal in profile, but weird straight on. And that his eyes are too close together.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2013, 12:00:49 AM

Mrs. Butthead said he looked normal in profile, but weird straight on. And that his eyes are too close together.

This is how the wheels started to come off in Chicago, too, right?

First, Dusty bats the 2b second no matter who he is. Then, when a reporter notes the Reds #2 hitter has a .310 OBP, the #2 hitter calls him a fat motherfucker right in front of Dusty, who grins and says "This is between you two, not me."

More player misbehavior to follow, and I won't be satisfied until some pissing match results in the resignation of Marty Brennaman.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 29, 2013, 02:42:49 PM

First, Dusty bats the 2b second no matter who he is. Then, when a reporter notes the Reds #2 hitter has a .310 OBP, the #2 hitter calls him a fat motherfucker right in front of Dusty, who grins and says "This is between you two, not me."

More player misbehavior to follow, and I won't be satisfied until some pissing match results in the resignation of Marty Brennaman.

Well, Dusty's #2 hitter has been (most of the time, anyway) Zach Cozart, with Heisey, Frazier, and Robinson the only others in the 10s or more. Brandon has 2 starts there. http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/split_stats_team.cgi?full=1&params=lineu%7CBatting%202nd%7CCIN%7C2013%7Cbat%7CAB%7C
I don't see a huge problem putting Phillips there. I mean, yea, you want someone with a good OBP there, but the Reds starters are as follows:
Votto       .435
Choo        .412
Bruce       .325
Paul         .324
Frazier     .318
Phillips     .311
Mesoraco .307
Cozart     .280

It's not like the Reds are world beaters in that stat. You have 2 guys who are good at that, and the rest blow. Bruce is your 3rd for that, but I'd rather have the guy who has hit 26 HRs bat after the guy with a .435 OBP. On no team of mine would I have Xavier Paul bat before Brandon Phillips. So, it's Frazier or Phillips. Kind of a toss up there, but Frazier's been extra shitty since last year.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:46 PM »
Dusty has the SeligCard locked down, so he's not really required to do much thinking at this point.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
Quote from: Fork on August 29, 2013, 03:33:46 PM
Dusty has the SeligCard locked down, so he's not really required to do much thinking at this point.

He's still got a shot at the Division. If he can't see the benefit in that, he's dumber than any of us thought.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

"Who the fuck is Alfredo Simon?"
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »

I find it hard to imagine that I will ever hate anybody on the Reds more than I do Votto, but Phillips is putting in a determined bid.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 30, 2013, 12:51:14 AM

I find it hard to imagine that I will ever hate anybody on the Reds more than I do Votto, but Phillips is putting in a determined bid.

What about Bronson Fucking Arroyo? Hello, McFly!

Phillips started an all-in brawl with Cardinals back when they were still the fucking Cardinals. I really can't hate him.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »

He's 6 games up on Arizona and 6.5 up on the Nats. Yeah, crown their ass. Dusty has never blown a wild card lead with players feuding with the media and each other.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 30, 2013, 11:16:24 AM

He's 6 games up on Arizona and 6.5 up on the Nats. Yeah, crown their ass. Dusty has never blown a wild card lead with players feuding with the media and each other.

The Reds will win the Central.