News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,297 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1590 on: October 21, 2011, 09:43:22 PM »
I think the inventor of the multipouch fanny pack has them all beat.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1591 on: January 14, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
Went to BCB looking for the inevitable gnashing of teeth over the way the Rickettses are raping the precious bleachers. Every BCBer is probably already asleep (or having sex with the likes of Jeff Samardzija or Darwin Barney at Cubs Convention), so there was nothing yet, but I did find this TRAGEDY! Where will I find expert analysis of my Cubbies from mouthbreathing anonymous Internet commenters now?!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1592 on: January 15, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 14, 2012, 09:36:46 PM
Went to BCB looking for the inevitable gnashing of teeth over the way the Rickettses are raping the precious bleachers. Every BCBer is probably already asleep (or having sex with the likes of Jeff Samardzija or Darwin Barney at Cubs Convention), so there was nothing yet, but I did find this TRAGEDY! Where will I find expert analysis of my Cubbies from mouthbreathing anonymous Internet commenters now?!

QuoteThis is an outstanding idea. It will bring some more information (including pitch counts and pitch speeds) into Wrigley without overwhelming the park, and without doing anything to the existing scoreboard. I know some people are vehemently against such boards. Crane Kenney, Cubs President of Business Operations, took a poll in the business management session after this was revealed, asking if people wanted a board showing replays. It was about 60/40 in favor.

I agree with Al.  Let's replace left field too.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1593 on: January 15, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 15, 2012, 10:02:58 AM
QuoteThis is an outstanding idea. It will bring some more information (including pitch counts and pitch speeds) into Wrigley without overwhelming the park, and without doing anything to the existing scoreboard. I know some people are vehemently against such boards. Crane Kenney, Cubs President of Business Operations, took a poll in the business management session after this was revealed, asking if people wanted a board showing replays. It was about 60/40 in favor.

Al doesn't care because he can't see those changes from 'his' seats.

I also love that he doesn't know that they already show pitch speed and count at Wrigley.

It's hard to tell from the mock up drawing that Todd Rickets did, but this seems like it will actually decrease the number of seats available.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1594 on: January 15, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 15, 2012, 12:36:04 PM
It's hard to tell from the mock up drawing that Todd Rickets did, but this seems like it will actually decrease the number of seats available.

Don't worry about that. They'll be able to make up for that by charging a lot more.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1595 on: January 15, 2012, 06:37:49 PM »

I also love that he doesn't know that they already show pitch speed and count at Wrigley.

Sucks for the owners of the rooftops on Sheffield, too.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1596 on: January 15, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 15, 2012, 06:37:49 PM

They wouldn't be allowed to raise their platforms?
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1597 on: January 15, 2012, 11:25:23 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 15, 2012, 10:09:46 PM

They wouldn't be allowed to raise their platforms?

Not without City Council antics if they're still below the maximum.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1598 on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »

Are the proposed changes higher than the current bleachers? It's hard to tell from the one rendering I saw, but I think they may change the angle of the seating by raising up the front rows to make room for the new screen, which leaves the back row in the same spot.

They should do it to left field too. Keep the bleachers more or less symmetrical looking, even though they aren't really symmetrical.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1599 on: January 16, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »

I love that the man who himself could use a team of editors actually edited that piece of shit.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1600 on: January 16, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »

Dolan, the door is open for you to take over the Cubs Anal brand.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1601 on: April 26, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1602 on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
(points upward)

Go read that shit. Fucking incredible.

Al Yellon, folks.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1603 on: April 26, 2012, 04:37:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2012, 04:32:22 PM
(points upward)

Al Yellon, folks.

It really is something to behold.  He's such a humorless twat.  Why anybody would participate in that community unironically is a mystery to me.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1604 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 26, 2012, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2012, 04:32:22 PM
(points upward)

Al Yellon, folks.

It really is something to behold.  He's such a humorless twat.  Why anybody would participate in that community unironically is a mystery to me.

That a self-professed Cub fan have that little of a sense of humor really is stunning (but not ironic).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.