News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,292 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1635 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58:58 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 25, 2012, 08:35:25 AM
Quote from: powen01 on June 25, 2012, 08:28:46 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 25, 2012, 06:42:19 AM
DPD--I know many people get turned off by references to that Shithole of Despair, but the thread of comments pertaining to the BANNING is chock-full of unironic GOLD.

"Hey you forgot to tell me that you don't see me around here enough to share my opinion." 

I thought that was pretty funny stuff. 

His basis for BANNING is so arbitrary it's hilarious.  Like, people who you might expect to be banned for daring to poke fun at Al but aren't.  His blanket prohibition on ivychat ("that site") is awesome, especially considering that Chuck walked away from it last Fall.

Keep it down.  You seem to have made his 'cool' club.  You were being reasonable.  You should try harder.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1636 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
That link doesn't work for me. Anyone interested in screenshotting it for a bored housewife?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1637 on: June 25, 2012, 10:48:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 25, 2012, 10:36:38 AM
That link doesn't work for me. Anyone interested in screenshotting it for a bored housewife?

Hit refresh. Seems to work for me if I click, then F5

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1638 on: June 25, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 25, 2012, 09:09:31 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 25, 2012, 08:58:49 AM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on June 25, 2012, 08:47:15 AM
He had seen it before.

Fuck.

Yeah.

Please, please, please let this get posted over there.

Remember, folks, it's never too late to make a childish display of rejoining the Facebook group. Tell your friends.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1639 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 25, 2012, 10:36:38 AM

Since Yellon will probably go in and delete the exchange soon, might as well preserve it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1640 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
The people over there play Internet like children play house. Also, Al likes to say he already explained why he doesn't allow Ivy Chat links, but I can't find an explanation in that thread that doesn't use circular logic. I delete them because I don't allow them. I don't allow them because I explained why earlier. My head a splode.

"I'll accept your apology now."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1641 on: June 25, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
Has anyone proved that Al and Chuck are different people?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1642 on: June 25, 2012, 12:21:56 PM »
Quote from: BH on June 25, 2012, 12:16:22 PM

There was a photo of an upside down Chuck Face resembling Yellon in the days of yore that made me laugh to beat the band. Fucking Ratto.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1643 on: June 25, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 25, 2012, 12:21:56 PM
Quote from: BH on June 25, 2012, 12:16:22 PM

There was a photo of an upside down Chuck Face resembling Yellon in the days of yore that made me laugh to beat the band. Fucking Ratto.

This is really an invitation to an astronomically predicated MorphShop triple pareidolia play.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1644 on: June 25, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 25, 2012, 01:09:56 PM
This is really an invitation to an astronomically predicated MorphShop triple pareidolia play.

I think I dated Morphshop Pareidolia's sister in high school.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1645 on: June 27, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 25, 2012, 06:42:19 AM
DPD--I know many people get turned off by references to that Shithole of Despair, but the thread of comments pertaining to the BANNING is chock-full of unironic GOLD.

To be perfectly fair, who among us can really fault Al for this particular policy?

Quote from: Al YellonI do not want links from that site here.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1646 on: June 27, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
So... Chuck stole an incredibly popular Python sketch years ago and applied it to the Cubs.

Then Al Yellon stole the same Python sketch and people are getting butthurt because they think that his inspiration was something Chuck wrote rather than the incredibly famous Python sketch itself? And they are accusing him of lacking unoriginality because Chuck -- rather than Monty Python -- did it first a few years back -- rather than nearly 40 years ago?

What's more likely - that Al stole a classic sketch from a universally known comedy troupe, or that he stole a parody of a sketch from a guy on the internet he's been known to butt heads with repeatedly?
M'lady.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1647 on: June 27, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 27, 2012, 11:16:08 AM
So... Chuck stole an incredibly popular Python sketch years ago and applied it to the Cubs.

Then Al Yellon stole the same Python sketch and people are getting butthurt because they think that his inspiration was something Chuck wrote rather than the incredibly famous Python sketch itself? And they are accusing him of lacking unoriginality because Chuck -- rather than Monty Python -- did it first a few years back -- rather than nearly 40 years ago?

What's more likely - that Al stole a classic sketch from a universally known comedy troupe, or that he stole a parody of a sketch from a guy on the internet he's been known to butt heads with repeatedly?

As has been noted here, Al read and commented on Chuck's piece when he posted it originally. It is absolutely as pathetic as you characterized it here. All of it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1648 on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:05 AM »

I also don't think Al made a conscious decision to rip off Chuck. But I did enjoy watching Al handle the situation as defensively and poorly as possible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1649 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 27, 2012, 11:23:05 AM

I also don't think Al made a conscious decision to rip off Chuck. But I did enjoy watching Al handle the situation as defensively and poorly as possible.

That's the takeaway.  It's entirely possible he didn't recall it--even though Chuck did it several years and many of us readilly recall it-- because he is old and weird, but the fact that he becomes so unhinged whenever he gets called on his shit will never not get old for me.  What a sad individual.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs