News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,301 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #1650 on: June 27, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 27, 2012, 11:19:35 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on June 27, 2012, 11:16:08 AM
So... Chuck stole an incredibly popular Python sketch years ago and applied it to the Cubs.

Then Al Yellon stole the same Python sketch and people are getting butthurt because they think that his inspiration was something Chuck wrote rather than the incredibly famous Python sketch itself? And they are accusing him of lacking unoriginality because Chuck -- rather than Monty Python -- did it first a few years back -- rather than nearly 40 years ago?

What's more likely - that Al stole a classic sketch from a universally known comedy troupe, or that he stole a parody of a sketch from a guy on the internet he's been known to butt heads with repeatedly?

As has been noted here, Al read and commented on Chuck's piece when he posted it originally. It is absolutely as pathetic as you characterized it here. All of it.

Do you remember everything you read and commented on 7 years ago?

...do you remember anything you read and commented on 7 years ago? (It was from 2005, wasn't it?)

Are you sure that Chuck was even the first person to do a Dead Parrot Sketch parody about the Cubs?
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1651 on: June 27, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 27, 2012, 11:23:05 AM
So... Chuck stole an incredibly popular Python sketch years ago and applied it to the Cubs.

Then Al Yellon stole the same Python sketch and people are getting butthurt because they think that his inspiration was something Chuck wrote rather than the incredibly famous Python sketch itself? And they are accusing him of lacking unoriginality because Chuck -- rather than Monty Python -- did it first a few years back -- rather than nearly 40 years ago?

What's more likely - that Al stole a classic sketch from a universally known comedy troupe, or that he stole a parody of a sketch from a guy on the internet he's been known to butt heads with repeatedly?

I also don't think Al made a conscious decision to rip off Chuck. But I did enjoy watching Al handle the situation as defensively and poorly as possible.

This is a very good point, and a much better point imo than "argh, butthurt, Al ripped off Chuck!" Which is probably partly the reason Al got so defensive in the first place.
M'lady.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1652 on: June 27, 2012, 12:15:21 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 27, 2012, 12:10:57 PM

As has been noted here, Al read and commented on Chuck's piece when he posted it originally. It is absolutely as pathetic as you characterized it here. All of it.

...do you remember anything you read and commented on 7 years ago? (It was from 2005, wasn't it?)

Are you sure that Chuck was even the first person to do a Dead Parrot Sketch parody about the Cubs?

To me the point isn't whether he did it consciously or not, but the fact that he did something so lame a full seven years after Chuck did it. It's just a lesson in bad internetting, like the kind you teach at the local community college.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1653 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »

Intrepid Reader: Huey

Yes, I remember all those things.

Except where I parked my car.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1654 on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

Chuck did it in 2004.
And again in 2005.
And again in 2006.
And again in 2007. (Only for the Cubs' roster to roar back and deliver a scatching FYC the rest of the year).
And again in 2009.
And again in 2010.

It's his shtick. You've got your weird photoshops. He's got his dead parrot.

I don't think Chuck's getting butthurt over it. He's amused and stickpoking, and stick pokes do a lot of damage when your skin is as super thin as Al's is.

As for your last question, I'm not sure if he's the first to do the Dead Parrot Sketch parody and make it about the Cubs, but I invite Chuck to explain to the rest of you's the connection between the Dead Parrot and Chuck and Al that dates back before the first declaration of death.

Besides, I'll suggest Chucky stole an idea of his own. Here, in 2005, he customized a Jewish funeral prayer for the Cubs.

The Uncouth Sloth, in his pre-GROTA days, spent a week in July 2004 eulogizing the Cubs. I'm pretty sure Chuck saw that, too. However, I'm willing to bet Chuck will respond better to being called unoriginal, unfunny and unknowledgeable.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1655 on: June 27, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 27, 2012, 12:34:03 PM
However, I'm willing to bet Chuck will respond better to being called unoriginal, unfunny and unknowledgeable.

What a shame that we'll never have the chance to know for sure.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1656 on: June 27, 2012, 12:48:49 PM »
And again in 2007. (Only for the Cubs' roster to roar back and deliver a scatching FYC the rest of the year).

I'm going to call that my favorite FYC of all (especially since they made the playoffs in no small part due to Fonzie's huge September).

I hated that fucking sketch and wanted to make a blog out of Chuck's skin every year he did it. If you want to suggest a pollyanna like Yellon never once espied that sketch in any of the years Chuck did it (while not clucking to himself at how negative it was), then go ahead.  Sort of reaches beyond plausibilty to me, though.  But, like has been pointed out, that's not even the point--nobody here is really upset about the perceived theft but in fact rather delighted that Al's asshattery has allowed us to view him becoming unhinged yet again.  I really don't sense any butthurt at that inconsequential dope but, rather, appreciation to him for uninentionally entertaining us during a shitty season.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1657 on: June 27, 2012, 07:41:40 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 27, 2012, 12:48:49 PM

I'm going to call that my favorite FYC of all (especially since they made the playoffs in no small part due to Fonzie's huge September).

I hated that fucking sketch and wanted to make a blog out of Chuck's skin every year he did it. If you want to suggest a pollyanna like Yellon never once espied that sketch in any of the years Chuck did it (while not clucking to himself at how negative it was), then go ahead.

I did own up to that.

Here's what I think.  I think Al remembered it and got pissed when he got called out on it, hence his banning me and deleting the posts less than an hour after I threw up the links.

I don't think it's plagiarism, but it's fun to call Al that.  And his over-reaction suggests that he did know.

As to the funeral bit, I don't recall the Sloth's piece today, but as the Sloth and I used to dine semi-regularly in Park Ridge, it's not only possible but probable we talked about it in 2005 that led me to post the Kaddish take on it.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1658 on: June 27, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »
Ok. We can close the book on this one now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1659 on: June 28, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »
I seriously cannot believe that this thread is 111 pages long.

You fucking people. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1660 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:39 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 24, 2008, 08:33:02 AM
When I read Al's "research yesterday" I e-mailed him about it.

QuoteTo: Al

I see that you did some research into the Banks Boulevard thing.  Nice job.  I did it several months ago, and it looks an awful lot like what you wrote today.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=1412

Hey, thanks for the ripoff.  Keep up the good work.

He wrote me back:

QuoteAndy...

I didn't know about your post from last February. I ran through Banks' gamelogs today, probably the same way you did back then.

I know Morgan's put this on the air before. He's an idiot. They really SHOULD fire him.

If you're ever in the bleachers, I actually would like to meet you someday.

Best regards,
Al

Ooh, how tempting.  So I wrote him back.

QuoteOh, well I wouldn't want to risk being banned again, this time from the bleachers.

I totally forgot about this.  PLAGIARISM TREND!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1661 on: August 11, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »
The image of douche.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1662 on: August 11, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on August 11, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
The image of douche.

Is that fat chick banging him?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1663 on: August 11, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »
The image of douche.

Stalker much? (I'm referring, of course, to your obsession of photographing pleasantly plump ladies)
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1664 on: August 12, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 11, 2012, 06:44:33 PM
The image of douche.

Is that fat chick banging him?

Best 2 out of 3 falls for a nacho helmet.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16