News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses  ( 65,284 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Maddon: The Man Behind the Glasses
« Reply #285 on: November 02, 2016, 10:43:24 PM »
And a squeeze attempt with 2 strikes. Fucking asshole
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: November 02, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »
Wow. Just wow

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: November 02, 2016, 10:44:14 PM »
Please stop fucking this up for us, Joe. What is wrong with you?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »
But wait! He's giving the top of the Cleveland offense a chance to hit against his gassed closer.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »
I know it seems like a meatball overreaction but if they lose this I would want him fired. I don't think I could ever look at him and not think of how he cost them a series amd I'd have zero faith in him in future postseasons
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2016, 11:49:07 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2016, 11:06:24 PM
I know it seems like a meatball overreaction but if they lose this I would want him fired. I don't think I could ever look at him and not think of how he cost them a series amd I'd have zero faith in him in future postseasons

Maybe he just wanted it to be more dramatic when they won.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2016, 11:52:54 PM »
Next time, please trust Kyle longer.
Then trust Jon longer.
And fuck Aroldis Chapman always and forever.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: November 03, 2016, 01:08:11 AM »
Maddon was just trying to make the 2016 title as difficult as possible to get the team ready for 2017.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: November 03, 2016, 01:13:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2016, 11:06:24 PM
I know it seems like a meatball overreaction

Not deep down.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: November 03, 2016, 01:26:06 AM »
Every move he made got us here. He's the greatest Cub manager since Frank Chance.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #295 on: November 03, 2016, 01:41:03 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 03, 2016, 01:26:06 AM
Every move he made got us here. He's the greatest Cub manager since Frank Chance.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #296 on: November 03, 2016, 01:41:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 02, 2016, 10:43:24 PM
And a squeeze attempt with 2 strikes. Fucking asshole
Suck on that championship ring.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: November 03, 2016, 07:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 03, 2016, 01:26:06 AM

Same for the front office. I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't thrilled when the Cubs signed Zobrist -- I felt he was taking a spot from Javy, who I believed should've been the starting second baseman. But the Cubs aren't here without Zobrist. Everybody played a part; they made a true team effort. I think I'm going to go the Blind Faith route for a while.

And, man. How about a repeat?
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: November 03, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »
It's possible to appreciate everything Joe did to help them get there while also acknowledging his in-game decisions during the World Series made their task more difficult. I still like him but some of those moves were just objectively bad whether they eventually won or not. He's smart, he'll adjust.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: November 03, 2016, 08:35:18 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 03, 2016, 08:26:31 AM
It's possible to appreciate everything Joe did to help them get there while also acknowledging his in-game decisions during the World Series made their task more difficult. I still like him but some of those moves were just objectively bad whether they eventually won or not. He's smart, he'll adjust.

Yeah nuance is possible. I agree with Andy and Fork that this team doesn't come back from 3-1 and doesn't keep it together after the Chapman dinger without the way Joe has managed the attitudes and atmosphere of the clubhouse for two years. He also made some terrible decisions that would have haunted all of us forever if they'd lost. On the other hand I think Joe would have been saved from overthinking everything if random chance hadn't injured Rondon and Strop right before the goddamn playoffs. If he'd had more relievers he could trust it all plays out differently. Anyway, none of that shit ended up mattering, and today's not the day to rehash it. I . Go Cubs. Go Joe.