News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fantasy Football Trade  ( 2,015 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Fantasy Football Trade
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Some dude in a league I'm in just traded Eli Manning, Donald Driver, and Mike Tolbert to "the guy in the league that hasn't checked his team since the draft" for Peyton Manning's fivehead.  Then, when everyone called him on the BS trade, he got all butt-hurt aboot it, eh.  I've been in leagues where dudes try the same thing, get called on it, and shrug it like, 'hey it was worth a try'.  This dude was seriously offended and tried to justify the trade.  I've never been privy to a reaction like that.  I'm not takin' crazy pills, am I?  That's a skank trade, right?  This dude's butt-hurtedness has got me questioning my fantasy football common sense. 

I'm JD and I need some validation.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fantasy Football Trade
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »
Quote from: JD on November 01, 2010, 09:23:54 PM
Some dude in a league I'm in just traded Eli Manning, Donald Driver, and Mike Tolbert to "the guy in the league that hasn't checked his team since the draft" for Peyton Manning's fivehead.  Then, when everyone called him on the BS trade, he got all butt-hurt aboot it, eh.  I've been in leagues where dudes try the same thing, get called on it, and shrug it like, 'hey it was worth a try'.  This dude was seriously offended and tried to justify the trade.  I've never been privy to a reaction like that.  I'm not takin' crazy pills, am I?  That's a skank trade, right?  This dude's butt-hurtedness has got me questioning my fantasy football common sense. 

That's an atrocious trade.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 01, 2010, 09:25:04 PM

That's an atrocious trade.

Agreed. Get the pitchforks.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 09:35:59 PM »

Isn't Matt Tolbert a back-up catcher for someone?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:38:48 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2010, 09:35:59 PM

Isn't Matt Tolbert a back-up catcher for someone?

I think he was a back up small forward for Golden State in 1992.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 09:46:18 PM »
I'm shocked Pen has nothing to do with this thread so far.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »

You're just jealous you didn't think to trade a similar pile of garbage for Peyton's fivehead. 

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:03 AM »

This is only a problem if it's collusion.  Seems like one guy logged in ONLY to accept a shitty trade, and would not have logged in otherwise- FUCK THEM.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on November 02, 2010, 08:48:03 AM

This is only a problem if it's collusion.  Seems like one guy logged in ONLY to accept a shitty trade, and would not have logged in otherwise- FUCK THEM.

Doesn't seem so bad. Sleepy guy is now +2.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on November 02, 2010, 08:48:03 AM

Yeah, he basically said he did it because the other kept hounding him aboot it, eh.  The trade went through, anyway.  Not enough people saw it in time, but the weirdo's still butt-hurt because everyone told him it was shady.  It wouldn't be that weird except that it's a league with guys at work, so the weirdo walks around stewing aboot it, eh.  It's very dramatic.  For him. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.