News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,542 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2009, 01:36:18 PM »
I've been playing Spec Ops and they're a lot of fun.  A few of them really require a lot of teamwork, and the results are awesome when you and another person have a good strategy.  One of the first missions where you have to sneak and snipe your way through a forest is particularly awesome.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
I take it back.  Veteran is hard as hell.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2009, 08:48:13 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 12, 2009, 08:25:47 AM

It gets a bit easier after Rio, at least the few missions after it.  They finally give you a few spots where you can have cover and take a minute to regroup.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2009, 09:13:30 AM »
In the campaign, I've made it as far as being the gunner on the humvee in the very first chapter.  I got to the ambush and received a party invite.  Oh, well.

The multiplayer is just that good.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 12, 2009, 08:48:13 AM

It gets a bit easier after Rio, at least the few missions after it.  They finally give you a few spots where you can have cover and take a minute to regroup.

Yeah, that's been the thing about the level I'm playing (where you're chasing the guy through the streets).  You pretty much have to keep moving, because guys will keep spawning all around you.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 12, 2009, 09:45:49 AM

Yeah, that's been the thing about the level I'm playing (where you're chasing the guy through the streets).  You pretty much have to keep moving, because guys will keep spawning all around you.

There's one particular spot in that level where I died about 20 times.  It's a checkpoint that starts you inside a building, and to go forward you have to climb a ladder up onto the roof.  Immediately as you go towards the ladder, there are guys shooting from above.  Then if you manage to climb out, you're getting shot at from every direction.  There's really no way to keep moving in that part, and no cover up on the rooftops, so I had to spend a lot of time ducking in and out of that building until it was safe enough to actually climb up the ladder.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on November 12, 2009, 09:49:46 AM

There's one particular spot in that level where I died about 20 times.  It's a checkpoint that starts you inside a building, and to go forward you have to climb a ladder up onto the roof.  Immediately as you go towards the ladder, there are guys shooting from above.  Then if you manage to climb out, you're getting shot at from every direction.  There's really no way to keep moving in that part, and no cover up on the rooftops, so I had to spend a lot of time ducking in and out of that building until it was safe enough to actually climb up the ladder.

I wish this game was real life for you.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:34 AM »

Go back out the door you came in at... Immediately take a right and hide from the alley you just came from. Kill the 2 guys on the roof on the right. After that, creep out to the right a little more. There will be 2 more guys. One on a lower roof and another on a high roof with a rocket launcher. Kill those two. Advance forward and there will be guys on a roof around that next corner (3 to be exact) work on killing them, but be aware that there will be 1-2 guys who come back on the bolded roof. Once you take care of them, start advancing, but there are plenty more ahead. This game is one in which you have to get a good assessment on where someone is, pop out, and shoot them extremely fast. They always seem to be able to target you first but quick movements are the way to go. It gets pretty cool as you go on as the fight takes you to D.C.

As far as the spawning, there is a limited amount of that. Unlike the previous CODs you don't have to advance past an imaginary line for people to respawn. There is an end to it.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 12, 2009, 10:06:34 AM

Go back out the door you came in at... Immediately take a right and hide from the alley you just came from. Kill the 2 guys on the roof on the right. After that, creep out to the right a little more. There will be 2 more guys. One on a lower roof and another on a high roof with a rocket launcher. Kill those two. Advance forward and there will be guys on a roof around that next corner (3 to be exact) work on killing them, but be aware that there will be 1-2 guys who come back on the bolded roof. Once you take care of them, start advancing, but there are plenty more ahead. This game is one in which you have to get a good assessment on where someone is, pop out, and shoot them extremely fast. They always seem to be able to target you first but quick movements are the way to go. It gets pretty cool as you go on as the fight takes you to D.C.

As far as the spawning, there is a limited amount of that. Unlike the previous CODs you don't have to advance past an imaginary line for people to respawn. There is an end to it.

Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure I could have hid in a room in the city all day, and they would have kept on coming.

As for that ladder part, I took out the three guys on the roof, climbed the ladder, and just ran like hell to the right.  There was a cinder block wall there that I got behind.  They actually started shooting out the cinder blocks one at a time.  It was pretty cool.
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2009, 10:10:07 AM »
I'm very interested in the fighting in American settings.  That's got to be pretty surreal.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2009, 10:15:03 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 12, 2009, 10:10:07 AM
I'm very interested in the fighting in American settings.  That's got to be pretty surreal.

It gets interesting when you're in the Oval Office and Michelle's panties are on the floor.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 12, 2009, 10:15:03 AM

It gets interesting when you're in the Oval Office and Michelle's panties are on the floor.

Anger bang?

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on November 12, 2009, 10:20:56 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 12, 2009, 10:15:03 AM

Anger bang?

Stains and all.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »
Play with Ocho: http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/5653390441

QuoteSomebody help me on call of duty---those dudes beat me to a pulp, I couldn't get one kill! I'll be on at 5:00, GamerTag= Estaban 85 on 360

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on November 12, 2009, 10:52:05 AM
Play with Ocho: http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/status/5653390441

QuoteSomebody help me on call of duty---those dudes beat me to a pulp, I couldn't get one kill! I'll be on at 5:00, GamerTag= Estaban 85 on 360

That is awesome.