News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,538 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2009, 03:23:47 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 03:19:53 PM
Killstreak question.  Say I get a five streak and then die.  If I use my Predator missile and get three kills with it after I spawn, do those three count toward a new streak?

Don't think so. I had the AC130 selected as a streak, died, and then used it, and my kills didn't give me a new predator missile.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2009, 03:23:47 PM
Killstreak question.  Say I get a five streak and then die.  If I use my Predator missile and get three kills with it after I spawn, do those three count toward a new streak?

Don't think so. I had the AC130 selected as a streak, died, and then used it, and my kills didn't give me a new predator missile.

Well, FUCK!  (throws hands up)
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2009, 03:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 03:27:11 PM

Are those the same hands that were holding your pants up?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2009, 03:37:15 PM

C'mon, Yeti.  You know I don't wear pants.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 15, 2009, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2009, 03:37:15 PM

C'mon, Yeti.  You know I don't wear pants.

Pants. Penis. I get them all confused.

What are you guys looking at?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2009, 12:21:59 PM »
The more and more I play this game the more and more impressed I am. I really think they balanced it very well. There are so many things a player can use to dominate a match, but at the same time there is something always there that can fight it. There were many things an opposing player could use in the last one where you would be defenseless.

Aircraft: Instead of the RPGs from the last game, you actually have something that can hit it in the Stinger and Javelin. Also, when you have cold-blooded, the aircrafts can't see you, unlike last game.

Heartbeat Sensor: They have ninja to combat that.

Thermal sights: Cold-blooded helps. It's not perfect but it definitely hides you a little bit better.

When you think about it, there are really only a couple things that are in this game that render you defenseless: Akimbo 1887s (even though I heard they fixed that to balance them out) and people who use Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando and then even more so if they have a care package in hand. The care package is something I think they're fixing, but to think there's only one setting that has a clear advantage is pretty amazing. Kind of nice when a game basically reduces a lot the competition down to skill and one's ability to adjust during a game to be better equipped to take out the opposing team.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2009, 12:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 22, 2009, 12:21:59 PM
The more and more I play this game the more and more impressed I am. I really think they balanced it very well. There are so many things a player can use to dominate a match, but at the same time there is something always there that can fight it. There were many things an opposing player could use in the last one where you would be defenseless.

Aircraft: Instead of the RPGs from the last game, you actually have something that can hit it in the Stinger and Javelin. Also, when you have cold-blooded, the aircrafts can't see you, unlike last game.

Heartbeat Sensor: They have ninja to combat that.

Thermal sights: Cold-blooded helps. It's not perfect but it definitely hides you a little bit better.

When you think about it, there are really only a couple things that are in this game that render you defenseless: Akimbo 1887s (even though I heard they fixed that to balance them out) and people who use Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando and then even more so if they have a care package in hand. The care package is something I think they're fixing, but to think there's only one setting that has a clear advantage is pretty amazing. Kind of nice when a game basically reduces a lot the competition down to skill and one's ability to adjust during a game to be better equipped to take out the opposing team.

Coming from the guy who had an 82-12 game.  I know what you mean, though.  There aren't many times I feel defenseless.  The only time is when I get dropped into a game already in progress and put on the team that is getting depantsed.  There's usually a Harrier, Chopper Gunner and AC130 in the air at once and no where to hide.  Other than that, my only complaint is the akimbo shotties.  That's super gay.

Felix Heredia

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: December 23, 2009, 09:08:21 AM »
The Akimbo 1889s are easily the biggest ripoff in the game. They are ridiculously accurate and insanely powerful.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2009, 08:22:26 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 07, 2009, 11:52:07 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 07, 2009, 03:42:13 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 07, 2009, 03:08:52 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on December 07, 2009, 03:07:32 PM
One extra point I should make note of in my negotiations with Mrs. G for MW2 is this.  Allow the significant other to watch Say Yes to the Dress on TLC for any amount of time in exchange for MW2.

Works wonders for me, save for the insufferable TLC commercials and incidental programming.

Just wait for Baby Stories. Oh yes - it will happen to you.

Are you fixin' to be a dad?  If so, congratulations, man!

Indeed I am. Girl Boy on the way.

Funny thing happened at the formal ultrasound today'd.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: December 24, 2009, 10:43:53 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 24, 2009, 08:22:26 PM
One extra point I should make note of in my negotiations with Mrs. G for MW2 is this.  Allow the significant other to watch Say Yes to the Dress on TLC for any amount of time in exchange for MW2.

Works wonders for me, save for the insufferable TLC commercials and incidental programming.

Will you start teaching him to throw a baseball left-handed on the birthdate, or the day after? That's your ticket to retirement. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on December 24, 2009, 10:43:53 PM

Will you start teaching him to throw a baseball left-handed on the birthdate, or the day after? That's your ticket to retirement. 

There's no doubt he's going to be the best player in every sport and make trillions of Future Bucks.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
Seriously, what the fuck. Every god damned time I get a decent kill streak item, the fucking game ends. Like, right as I'm pressing right on the d-pad to use the motherfucker. GOD FUCKING SHIT.

Also, this game rules, yada yada yada.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 27, 2009, 04:41:36 PM
Seriously, what the fuck. Every god damned time I get a decent kill streak item, the fucking game ends. Like, right as I'm pressing right on the d-pad to use the motherfucker. GOD FUCKING SHIT.

ANGER.  I didn't know you played nerd games, ChuckD.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: December 28, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 28, 2009, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 27, 2009, 04:41:36 PM

ANGER.  I didn't know you played nerd games, ChuckD.

You underestimate the size of my nerdong. I've only had it for three days and I've already logged 3.5 more hours than Weebs.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2009, 07:35:23 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 25, 2009, 09:10:49 PM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on December 24, 2009, 10:43:53 PM

There's no doubt he's going to be the best player in every sport and make trillions of Future Bucks.

We'll set up a group buy to get him to his first Hawks game.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16