News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jock Jones now a Cub  ( 16,647 )

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jock Jones now a Cub
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2005, 04:17:14 PM »
Quote from: TW on December 21, 2005, 04:09:27 PM
They lose nothing on Jones over Burnitz.

I think all this means is they spent 16 mil for something that could have cost them 7 at the most.
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2005, 04:23:19 PM »
Neifi won't play less.  DBF will play less.  Listen to Hendry and Baker.  "I like guys who catch the ball."  "After everything Neifi did for us last season [shades of Hollandsworth, don't you think?]"  Neifi's going to play more or less everyday.  Lee will regress some.  You have to hope that Murton and Ron Ce are able to be difference makers and that Z/Prior/Wood start at least 85 games.  If that doesn't happen, the Cubs are sub-.500, and there's really no excuse for that.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2005, 04:30:32 PM »
Sounds like the Cubs have interest in signing Eric Byrnes.  Get ready for lots of bench time in '06 Mr. Murton!  Wheee!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2005, 04:39:12 PM »
QuoteI'm sick of this.  Anyone want to root for the Schaumburg Flyers?

Well I was considering rooting for the team where I grew up and where my family lives...

...which is Southern Florida.  In the immortal words of Bill the Cat "GGGAAAKKKKK"
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

berserker

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 06:57:01 PM »

I am so fucking overjoyed that my return to the Greater Chicagoland Area will coincide with the commencement of the Jock Jones Era, that I want to stab myself in the eye with a seafood fork.

A lot.

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2005, 07:25:55 PM »
Quote from: berserker on December 21, 2005, 06:57:01 PM

I am so f@#$ing overjoyed that my return to the Greater Chicagoland Area will coincide with the commencement of the Jock Jones Era, that I want to stab myself in the eye with a seafood fork.

A lot.

Since you're originally from here, you can get "right-of-first refusal" and accept the Bears.  Fuck the Giants anyway.

But you have to get here in a week.  Can you do that?  'Cause otherwise, the shit that'll be going down at Clark & Addison's going to remind you of your post-Durocher youth, I'm afraid.

Merry Christmas, indeed.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

berserker

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2005, 07:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Mike D. on December 21, 2005, 07:25:55 PM
Quote from: berserker on December 21, 2005, 06:57:01 PM

I am so f@#$ing overjoyed that my return to the Greater Chicagoland Area will coincide with the commencement of the Jock Jones Era, that I want to stab myself in the eye with a seafood fork.

A lot.

Since you're originally from here, you can get "right-of-first refusal" and accept the Bears.  f@#$ the Giants anyway.

But you have to get here in a week.  Can you do that?  'Cause otherwise, the shit that'll be going down at Clark & Addison's going to remind you of your post-Durocher youth, I'm afraid.

Merry Christmas, indeed.

It's OK, I've got a Carmen Fanzone button somewhere

Moran

• Playoffs here we come...Wheee!
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2005, 10:19:42 PM »
Quote from: Mike D. on December 21, 2005, 07:25:55 PM
Since you're originally from here, you can get "right-of-first refusal" and accept the Bears.  f@#$ the Giants anyway.

Merry Christmas, indeed.

Welome to Cubfandoom,where it's always winter and never Christmas.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »
From SBJ in today's trib:

"The Cubs should consider platooning Jones against left-handers, as they should have done with Patterson last season before he completely lost himself at the plate. Because Jones has financial security, he should understand and go with the flow."

I'll say it again: Preston. Wilson. Come ON!!!
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2005, 11:32:06 AM »
will you stop saying that! that's not funny!
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2005, 11:42:23 AM »
Quote from: caramis on December 22, 2005, 11:32:06 AM
will you stop saying that! that's not funny!

I'm not trying to be funny. That would be a better option for 4th OF than John Mabry's dead ass. He could platoon with Jock or play all three OF positions. And he wants to be a Cub. He'd be insurance in case Murton ends up sucking ass or is unable to handle the brutal Chicago summer heat. The humidity can be a bit much, you know. 

1. Pierre
2. Neifi!
3. Lee
4. Aramis
5. Jacque
6. Preston
7. Ron Ce
8. Hank

Caucasian Free!

Dan

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2005, 12:31:37 PM »
I thought you said they'd be platooning?
you have them both in the same lineup...
Except for the fact in the Ted Lilly one that you can see the baseball in his hand behind the knife. I don't know about the first one but I'm be very, very surprised if the second picture is an actual ad.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2005, 12:46:52 PM »
Quote from: caramis on December 22, 2005, 12:31:37 PM
I thought you said they'd be platooning?
you have them both in the same lineup...

On a very hot day, yes. Night games could be differnt.

1. Pierre
2. Walker
3. Lee
4. Aramis
5. Murton
6. Jones/Preston
7. Neifi!/Ron Ce
8. Barrett

The Paul Popovich Experience

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2005, 01:37:04 PM »
Repeat after me: just because Hendry the Idiot signed Jockularity Jones does NOT mean the Cubs are stuck with him for three years. When Theo takes over next fall, he'll just eat half of Jones' money and dump him on some team like the Royals or Pirates. Jones probably IS worth $2MM a year, so some team would take him.

As for 2006, it's a lost cause anyway, so just look forward to the Baker and Hendry Era ending and.....wait 'til next year. Again.
RETIRED

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 03:38:30 PM »
The Twins signed Rondell White today.  Presumably, it would be to replace Jones for the 97 games that White will be healthy enough to play.

Frankly, I would  rather have had fat f@#$ Hendry save his dollars and just sign Rondell to platoon with Corey, and wait for something better to come by.  This Jonesdeal  just reeks something awful as things stand now.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.