News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2016 MLB Thread  ( 18,665 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2016 MLB Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2016, 03:45:10 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 06, 2016, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 06, 2016, 11:14:38 AM
DPD.  Garrett Richards needs Tommy John.  Andrew Heaney might.  CJ Wilson is already hurt, and the Angels look like they might be done.  Looking over their roster, it's pretty much nothing but hot garbage, a few solid but unspectacular pieces, and Mike Trout.  If anyone's ever going to pry him loose, now might be the time.

I thought about this and then thought of something else...I think, with their payroll, they need to trot trout out there all year long.  After this season, they can be resigned to getting Richards back around the All-Star break.  They'll have Weaver and Wilson coming off the books and Hamilton the year after that.  That's going to leave them with plenty of coin to throw around at the AMAZING, TOTALLY UNBLELIEVABLE free agent classes in the coming years.

So...probably not?  I don't know.

Counterpoint: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-garrett-richards-injury-and-the-mike-trout-question/

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »
Aroldis Chapman helpfully confirms he's a piece of shit.

"It was just an argument with your partner that everyone has. I've even argued with my mother."

"Let he who has not grabbed a firearm during a respectful domestic dispute and wildly blasted eight holes into the wall cast the first stone."

"When you are not in agreement with someone, we Latin people are loud when we argue."

We argue with our gunshots!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:37 AM »
The Braves are like the Bizarro Cubs. They're 9 and 28; the Cubs are 27 and 9.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2016, 11:28:12 AM »
We should, at the very least, have this .GIF in this thread for posterity's sake.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2016, 12:47:19 PM »
Jays fans aren't particularly enamored by Texas. I sincerely hope both teams make the playoffs so Toronto can bury them again.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 17, 2016, 11:28:12 AM
We should, at the very least, have this .GIF in this thread for posterity's sake.

Bautista definitely fades out for a brief second there, right after the punch lands.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2016, 03:10:12 PM »
It's crazy when you think about what poor fighting position Bautista was in there. That's like Rocky level piss poor protection of one's grill. I wonder if he figured Odor wouldn't try to hit him with the helmet on or something. Jesus. If Odor had bothered to drop his mitt, he could have KO'd his ass. The left uppercut was all you can eat.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2016, 03:23:32 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 17, 2016, 03:10:12 PM
It's crazy when you think about what poor fighting position Bautista was in there. That's like Rocky level piss poor protection of one's grill. I wonder if he figured Odor wouldn't try to hit him with the helmet on or something. Jesus. If Odor had bothered to drop his mitt, he could have KO'd his ass. The left uppercut was all you can eat.

Well Bautista was expecting Standard Basebrawl Protocol where everyone plays "HOLD ME BACK BRO" and no one not named Kyle Farnsworth actually hits anyone.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2016, 03:23:32 PM

Well Bautista was expecting Standard Basebrawl Protocol where everyone plays "HOLD ME BACK BRO" and no one not named Kyle Farnsworth actually hits anyone.
I was going to write "What baseball player (especially a pitcher) with half a brain would risk breaking his hand and possibly ending his career by hitting someone anyplace other than in a soft belly?"  I think that we have discovered a baseball player with less than half a brain.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 17, 2016, 03:51:33 PM

I was going to write "What baseball player (especially a pitcher) with half a brain would risk breaking his hand and possibly ending his career by hitting someone anyplace other than in a soft belly?"  I think that we have discovered a baseball player with less than half a brain.

I saw a tweet from a scout on MLB Network on Sunday that said Odor had a reputation in the minors as a guy you did NOT want to throw hands with. That scouting report has been validated. Small sample size be damned, Odor is a bad dude.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2016, 06:58:55 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 17, 2016, 05:10:54 PM

I saw a tweet from a scout on MLB Network on Sunday that said Odor had a reputation in the minors as a guy you did NOT want to throw hands with. That scouting report has been validated. Small sample size be damned, Odor is a bad dude.

Affirmed.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2016, 08:47:45 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 17, 2016, 06:58:55 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 17, 2016, 05:10:54 PM

Affirmed.

QuoteThe Spokane Indians are the minor league affiliate for the Texas Rangers, while the Vancouver Canadians are the affiliate for the Toronto Blue Jays.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »
I will go to the grave defending Jake Arrieta's Cy Young last year as legitimate, but Clayton Kershaw is still the best pitcher in the game and holy fucking shit these numbers: 3.4 fWAR already, 1.67 ERA, 1.37 FIP, 88-4 K:BB. EIGHTY EIGHT TO FOUR
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »
Where does Rich Hill rank in the history of improbably major league comebacks?

"Remarkable" is far too light a word for what's going on here. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2016, 09:33:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 18, 2016, 09:09:23 AM
I will go to the grave defending Jake Arrieta's Cy Young last year as legitimate, but Clayton Kershaw is still the best pitcher in the game and holy fucking shit these numbers: 3.4 fWAR already, 1.67 ERA, 1.37 FIP, 88-4 K:BB. EIGHTY EIGHT TO FOUR

Over the last two calendar years, Jake has a 1.95 ERA and has gone 39-11 over 63 starts.

And he's trailing Kershaw by 5 wins.