News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Community  ( 82,355 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Community
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2009, 02:03:35 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:26:27 AM
Quote from: Weebs on December 11, 2009, 11:25:54 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 11, 2009, 10:58:35 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 11, 2009, 09:23:29 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 11, 2009, 08:18:14 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 11, 2009, 07:16:25 AM
Knock knock. My fist. Up your balls.

Who's there?

WWBJD

I'm sick of the dean shoving his pc-ness down my throat.

Other than that line, Shirley annoyed the shit out of me this entire episode.

And I still think the Greendale Human Being is one of the most hilarious/creepiest things I've ever seen.

[TDubbs]That's probably because you haven't seen a vagina yet.[/TDubbs]

Obviously you haven't if you think a vagina is hilariously creepy
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »
I'm just glad this show got funny again.  Even Chevy Chase was funny.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
I need to stop reading the AV Club recaps of every episode. They rob me of the ability to have an original thought about how great the episode was.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/investigative-journalism,37115/

QuoteOf course, all of this deconstruction of television theory wouldn't matter much if the episode weren't funny, and, fortunately, this was yet another really great episode in a very consistent run the show's been on lately. I'd, honestly, wager that I don't laugh at any comedy on TV right now more than I laugh at this one, and this episode is another good example of all of the things the show does well. It has terrific pop culture gags (like all of the M*A*S*H references, right down to the final freeze frame), some really great physical comedy and the character-based stuff the show is already doing so well. There's something about a great comedy ensemble gradually coming together that's thrilling to watch, and the cast here is starting to find ways to play to every individual member's strengths. Just look at how someone like Troy, even though he had basically nothing to do tonight, is so enjoyable just hanging out in the background and reacting to what's going on.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2010, 01:44:26 PM »
I liked last night's episode, but the writers shouldn't tease us like that re: Senor Chang. They built up our hopes only to knock them back down mere moments later.

That was almost as bad as Jeff saying, "Annie's kind of young... We try not to sexualize her."
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 15, 2010, 01:44:26 PM
I liked last night's episode, but the writers shouldn't tease us like that re: Senor Chang. They built up our hopes only to knock them back down mere moments later.

I thought the exact same thing.  I got really excited that he'd been written off the show.  And then, after that disappointment, I had to watch Jack Black do stuff for another 25 minutes.  Not my favorite episode.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2010, 02:20:50 PM

I thought the exact same thing.  I got really excited that he'd been written off the show.  And then, after that disappointment, I had to watch Jack Black do stuff for another 25 minutes.  Not my favorite episode.

Jack Black sucks.  Plain and simple.  Annie and Britta in cheerleading uniforms wrestling in a pool of soapy water was awesome, though.  I was definitely excited that Senor Chang was written off, but man I had a feeling I was going to get kicked in the nuts.  He's terrible.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2010, 09:49:05 AM »

Total agreeancement.  Jack Black is a comedy assassin, and that episode was wholly underwhelming.  The M*A*S*H stuff was quite great, though.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »

I was wondering if all that was written in the script was "Jack Black does some Jack Black shit here".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 18, 2010, 09:49:05 AM

Total agreeancement.  Jack Black is a comedy assassin, and that episode was wholly underwhelming.  The M*A*S*H stuff was quite great, though.

I told EIAN that I would have laughed more if I knew anything about MASH (and if Jack Black were dead).

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
Nothing?  I thought it was a great rebound episode after the only disappointing one so far.  Jeff's teacher/girlfriend is stupidly hot.  I loved how they set up the scene when Jeff was hesitant to kiss in the library for fear that the blinds would fly open with their earlier discussion of the locked back door.  I really like the writing on this show.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:39 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 09:30:59 AM
Nothing?  I thought it was a great rebound episode after the only disappointing one so far.  Jeff's teacher/girlfriend is stupidly hot.  I loved how they set up the scene when Jeff was hesitant to kiss in the library for fear that the blinds would fly open with their earlier discussion of the locked back door.  I really like the writing on this show.

I thought the opening scene and the first couple after that were some of the best so far on this show, but it slowly died down a bit as the episode went on.  Pierce's comments throughout the dance performance were excellent, though.  And the short bits during the credits are always awesome.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 26, 2010, 09:30:59 AM

As soon as we touch, the blinds will open, and six annoying but lovable misfits will be staring at us.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:05 AM »
Abed's knowing nod when Jeff said he and his mystery lady were trying to keep their relationship on the DL killed me.

What the AV Club thing RV posted above said...

Quote from: R-V on January 15, 2010, 01:18:45 PM
QuoteThere's something about a great comedy ensemble gradually coming together that's thrilling to watch, and the cast here is starting to find ways to play to every individual member's strengths. Just look at how someone like Troy, even though he had basically nothing to do tonight, is so enjoyable just hanging out in the background and reacting to what's going on.

That.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 26, 2010, 10:02:05 AM
Abed's knowing nod when Jeff said he and his mystery lady were trying to keep their relationship on the DL killed me.

What the AV Club thing RV posted above said...

Quote from: R-V on January 15, 2010, 01:18:45 PM
QuoteThere's something about a great comedy ensemble gradually coming together that's thrilling to watch, and the cast here is starting to find ways to play to every individual member's strengths. Just look at how someone like Troy, even though he had basically nothing to do tonight, is so enjoyable just hanging out in the background and reacting to what's going on.

That.

Just the fact that they've managed to make Chevy Chase funny again is an impressive feat.  His reaction to hearing that Jerry Rice was on Dancing With the Stars gave me a case of the LOLZ.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 26, 2010, 10:05:14 AM
Just the fact that they've managed to make Chevy Chase funny again is an impressive feat. 

Really?