News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Community  ( 82,321 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Community
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2010, 02:12:50 PM
Preview shot of Community's Christmas episode, which will be done in Claymation:

AWE. SOME.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2010, 08:26:06 PM »

This show is streets ahead.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 19, 2010, 02:12:50 PM
Preview shot of Community's Christmas episode, which will be done in Claymation:

Annie's hot even in clay form.

I like that Leonard was looting the pink TV.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
Best. Episode. Ever.

ETA: "Dude, who taught you therapy? Michael Jackson's dad?"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2010, 01:11:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2010, 10:16:20 AM
Best. Episode. Ever.

Thanks, Lost. Sepinwall had a rehash of episodes they've done so far this season. It's amazing that they've pulled off such a wide range of weird shit (and made it hilarious) on network TV.

Quote"Anthropology 101": Fairly traditional episode, resolving season one cliffhanger about Annie/Jeff/Britta triangle, establishing the study group's new class and dealing with overall tensions within the group.

"Accounting for Lawyers": Jeff Winger origin story, taking the show onto unfamiliar physical turf but still with familiar weirdness (the hole in Drew Carey's hand, Annie chloroforming the guard, pop-and-lock tournament).

"The Psychology of Letting Go": Circle of life episode, dealing with birth (an entire Easter egg-style Abed subplot playing out in the background of other scenes), death (Pierce's mom) and sex appeal.

"Basic Rocket Science": All-reference, all-the-time, ala the paintball episode from season one, this time with astronaut movies.

"Messianic Myths and Ancient Peoples": A mix of meta (Abed's movie about making movies), character-based comedy (Pierce and Shirley each feeling left out of the crowd) and cultural/religious parody.

"Epidemiology": Another 100% pop culture episode, this time with zombies.

"Aerodynamics of Gender": Mix of an Abed character story (albeit one with references of its own) and the deliberately goofy, random trampoline story.

"Cooperative Calligraphy": Character-driven bottle show with a bare minimum of meta and/or reference humor.

"Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design": Another parody-style episode, this time riffing on conspiracy thrillers.

"Mixology Certification": Dark, kitchen sink-style realistic comedy, ala "Taxi."

"Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas": Stop-motion animated episode that's at once an homage to TV Christmas specials and a fairly intense, moving Abed character study.

We can argue about how much each of these episodes worked on their own, or even in combination (the "Apollo 13" and zombie episodes probably should have been spaced further apart, for instance), but that's still a pretty damned impressive show of versatility in only 11 episodes, demonstrating how these characters and this world can be used to tell so many different kinds of stories with so many different kinds of tones.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 10, 2010, 01:11:58 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2010, 10:16:20 AM
Best. Episode. Ever.

Thanks, Lost. Sepinwall had a rehash of episodes they've done so far this season. It's amazing that they've pulled off such a wide range of weird shit (and made it hilarious) on network TV.

It's been a pretty outstanding season.  Lots of hits and really, for me, only one big strikeout-looking with the Messianic Myths episode (though I know others liked that one).  I'm happy to see that a few more people are tuning in each week now.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:48 AM »
Really?  I thought they finally found a format that felt totally contrived.  And the actors sounded really uncomfortable doing voiceover work.  This season has been absolutely top-notch, but I thought this episode was by far the weakest one they've ever done.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2010, 07:21:26 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on December 14, 2010, 03:35:48 AM
Really?  I thought they finally found a format that felt totally contrived.  And the actors sounded really uncomfortable doing voiceover work.  This season has been absolutely top-notch, but I thought this episode was by far the weakest one they've ever done.

Considering how bad the singing was, I'm guessing the voiceover work (esp. McHale) was intentionally bad.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »

Didn't care for it either. Then again, I hate Christmas.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2010, 08:39:03 AM »

Shut up, Paul. You're a douche.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »

Thanks for saying what I was afeared to say. Plus I assumed I was wrong because, well, I am me

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2011, 10:03:10 PM »
"Nice sweater."

"Thanks. I got it from my dad."
TIME TO POST!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
He's 30-something, I'm assuming. He has a land line and uses the word "album."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
Thank GOD Chang didn't end up a part of the study group.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: January 21, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
That was a very good episode.

Brown Jamie Lynn Curtis...Theo...other stuff I can't remember right now....CHANG! I like him.

Excellent.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.