News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hendry can't possibly be the GM next season, right?  ( 25,998 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Hendry can't possibly be the GM next season, right?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »
How can you guys say he's not doing anything?  HE BROUGHT IN BUFFALO DOGS AND NACHO HELMETS!!!  AND NOW THEY HAVE REAL MUSIC INSTEAD OF ORGAN MUSIC!!!

Until Ricketts proves he's not a bleacher-loving retard, fuck that chipmunk-looking cunt.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on June 25, 2010, 01:48:00 PM
Is it possible that the next GM is already in the front office?  Ricketts hired Ari Kaplan about a month ago, and judging by Hendry's quotes about stats "not being able to tell us to pick up Carlos Silva," my guess is that he's not too happy with it.  Coupled with Ricketts general reputation as being pro-statfag, it could be possible.

Here's what stats could tell us about Silva:

BABIP below .300 once in his career before this year. That was 2005, one of his good years. His BABIP this year is .269. Danger! Will Robinson! (Trade him if you can Jimbo).

Control has always been good, until last year which was an injury year.

Thus, you could use stats to make an argument that last year was an aberration caused by injuries and that he had a chance to be useful.

I think stats would have told you that the Hendry deal most similar to this, Karros and Grudz for Hundley was such a good deal that if a stats guy was the Dodgers' GM, you would have had the 2003 catching duo of Toddler and Gabor.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 25, 2010, 03:53:51 PM
Is it possible that the next GM is already in the front office?  Ricketts hired Ari Kaplan about a month ago, and judging by Hendry's quotes about stats "not being able to tell us to pick up Carlos Silva," my guess is that he's not too happy with it.  Coupled with Ricketts general reputation as being pro-statfag, it could be possible.

BABIP below .300 once in his career before this year. That was 2005, one of his good years. His BABIP this year is .269. Danger! Will Robinson! (Trade him if you can Jimbo).

Thus, you could use stats to make an argument that last year was an aberration caused by injuries and that he had a chance to be useful.

I think stats would have told you that the Hendry deal most similar to this, Karros and Grudz for Hundley was such a good deal that if a stats guy was the Dodgers' GM, you would have had the 2003 catching duo of Toddler and Gabor.

Oh fuck, is Hendry still pretending like acquiring Silva was some kind of coup?  I mean, everybody knew why that trade was made, including the players involved.  For Hednry to pretend that he targeted Silva because he knew he'd have a miracle half-season is fucking insane.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 04:06:42 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 25, 2010, 04:02:35 PM
Oh fuck, is Hendry still pretending like acquiring Silva was some kind of coup?  I mean, everybody knew why that trade was made, including the players involved.  For Hednry to pretend that he targeted Silva because he knew he'd have a miracle half-season is fucking insane.
http://lucianogalasso.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jack_daniels-9205.gif

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 04:07:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 25, 2010, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: Brownie on June 25, 2010, 03:53:51 PM

You're fucking insane to think Jim didn't recognize how Silva's chemistry with the clubhouse and larry's tutelage would nurture him and set him up for success in Chicago. Stat THAT. Queer.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
See, it wasn't Hendry's fault!  Its never been Hendry's fault.  It was...

Bartman
Neifi
Dusty
Soriano
Barrett
Milton
Lou

ZAMBRANO!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 05:48:19 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on June 25, 2010, 05:26:20 PM
See, it wasn't Hendry's fault!  Its never been Hendry's fault.  It was...

Bartman
Neifi ... picked up off waivers by Hendry
Dusty ... Hendry's first managerial hire
Soriano ... signed by Hendry
Barrett ... one of Hendry's great "finds"
Milton ... signed by Hendry to his longest-term contract ever
Lou ... Hendry's second managerial hire.

ZAMBRANO!  ... extended by Hendry

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 25, 2010, 01:55:24 PM
I think it's extremely early to start piling on the Ricketts. Dismissing them as evil rubes at this juncture smacks of meatballary. They're saddled with contracts that the previous ownership approved. And yelling for them to "DO SUMFING!@!!!" now like hire a new G.M. and Manager in the middle of a lost season is beneath some of you.

Who in fuck are they going to get to steer this ship the way it's put together? Punish Hendry for this shit NOW!!! If you fire him you still have to pay him, jagoff. What punishment? Send Lou back to Tampa to float around in his pool with a bottle of Jack? You're too cruel.

I'll wait to see how it plays out. I believe Hendry will be sacked and Lou will retire. We'll see what they do then. And if I don't like it, I'll grab a pitchfork and head down there with you. We'll break something. It'll be cathartic.

I vacillate between THI (because that's what I said last winter)

Quote from: Kermit IV on June 25, 2010, 03:36:04 PM
How can you guys say he's not doing anything?  HE BROUGHT IN BUFFALO DOGS AND NACHO HELMETS!!!  AND NOW THEY HAVE REAL MUSIC INSTEAD OF ORGAN MUSIC!!!

Until Ricketts proves he's not a bleacher-loving retard, fuck that chipmunk-looking cunt.

and THA (because fuck this gutless slapdick organization) on those fortnightly occasions when I think about the Cubs. Normally in these types of situations I just go with the opposite of InternetChuck, but he's actually making sense in this thread. I'm torn, I tells ya, TORN!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:05 AM »
It's a little early but I could go for a nacho helmet (||) right about now.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 28, 2010, 09:56:05 AM
It's a little early but I could go for a nacho helmet (||) right about now.

You'll never want nachos again.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2010, 08:08:14 AM »
I don't know where to put this, but I just thought everyone would like to read it.

"According to Tracy Ringolsby of FOXSports.com, Mark Prior will work out for major league teams at USC on Wednesday.

According to the report, "most major league teams" are expected to have a scout in attendance. Prior, now 29 years old, has not thrown a pitch in the major leagues since the 2006 season. We're not holding our breath now."
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on June 29, 2010, 08:08:14 AM
I don't know where to put this, but I just thought everyone would like to read it.

If only a thread had been started about Mark Prior at some point in Desipio's history.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 08:17:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2010, 08:13:07 AM

If only a thread had been started about Mark Prior at some point in Desipio's history.

My guess is that those died in the purge. REMEMBER 11/9/09!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2010, 08:22:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 29, 2010, 08:13:07 AM

Sorry, Eli.  I'm lazy.  I thought to myself sure, there has to be a Mark Prior thread.  I also thought searching "Mark Prior" would net me a zillion results.  So, I searched "towel drills" and got two results.  So, here you are.  It's in this thread.  Now, read it and like it.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:41 PM »
I have mixed feelings on Josh Byrnes - he certainly made his share of completely retarded moves, but he's now available and at least one pundit says someone should scoop him up.  
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"