News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,053 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1530 on: April 21, 2016, 12:35:53 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2016, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 21, 2016, 06:45:26 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-espn-transgender.html?_r=0

Schilling has my vote for the athlete I would most like to suffer from aphasia.
Someone must have told Schilling that there was an annual award for the retired baseball player who most closely emulated Ty Cobb.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1531 on: April 21, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 21, 2016, 12:35:53 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 21, 2016, 10:15:39 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 21, 2016, 06:45:26 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/sports/baseball/curt-schilling-espn-transgender.html?_r=0

Schilling has my vote for the athlete I would most like to suffer from aphasia.
Someone must have told Schilling that there was an annual award for the retired baseball player who most closely emulated Ty Cobb.

...and that he still can't beat John Rocker.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1532 on: May 15, 2016, 04:05:18 PM »
Has anyone heard the Pirates broadcast? Apparently their announcers are pretty salty about the Cubs, if the internet is to be believed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1533 on: May 15, 2016, 04:25:29 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 15, 2016, 04:05:18 PM
Has anyone heard the Pirates any Pittsburgh sports broadcast? Apparently their announcers are pretty salty about the Cubs fucking everything, if the internet is your ears are to be believed.

They're downright stoic compared to Penguins or Steelers broadcasts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1534 on: May 16, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »
Has anyone heard the Pirates broadcast? Apparently their announcers are pretty salty about the Cubs, if the internet is to be believed.

Is there a link to some documented buthurt or do I actually have to listen to a Pirates broadcast?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1535 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:36 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 16, 2016, 02:33:21 PM

Is there a link to some documented buthurt or do I actually have to listen to a Pirates broadcast?

This.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1536 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:31 AM »
Fangraphs has been doing crowdsourced rankings of TV and radio crews, this is killing me:

9. Chicago Cubs
Main Broadcasters: Pat Hughes and Ron Coomer
Ratings (Charisma/Analysis/Overall): 4.3, 3.6, 4.2

Representative Reader Comment
"Pat is great. Ron could charitably be described as a 'weenie.'"
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1537 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 10:32:31 AM
Fangraphs has been doing crowdsourced rankings of TV and radio crews, this is killing me:

9. Chicago Cubs

I can never quite decide if the worst thing about Ron (outside of his total inability to describe what is going when he does play-by-play)  is his voice or his awful analysis.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1538 on: June 09, 2016, 01:01:22 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on June 09, 2016, 12:30:31 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

I can never quite decide if the worst thing about Ron (outside of his total inability to describe what is going when he does play-by-play)  is his voice or his awful analysis.

I actually think he's gotten better this year.
I know, small favors etc.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1539 on: June 09, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 09, 2016, 01:01:22 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

I can never quite decide if the worst thing about Ron (outside of his total inability to describe what is going when he does play-by-play)  is his voice or his awful analysis.

I like Ron, thanks to spending my entire life growing accustomed to a man named Ron making absolutely no sense sitting in the booth next to Pat. I just laughed greatly at him being called a weenie.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1540 on: June 09, 2016, 01:45:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 01:04:13 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

I can never quite decide if the worst thing about Ron (outside of his total inability to describe what is going when he does play-by-play)  is his voice or his awful analysis.

I like Ron, thanks to spending my entire life growing accustomed to a man named Ron making absolutely no sense sitting in the booth next to Pat. I just laughed greatly at him being called a weenie.

I actually think Pat has loosened up in the booth this year too - he even did a Carl Spackler imitation the other day.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1541 on: June 09, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 09, 2016, 01:45:19 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

I actually think Pat has loosened up in the booth this year too - he even did a Carl Spackler imitation the other day.

When they were curb-stomping the Dodgers in the last game of that series, Corey Seager was batting in the 9th, and Pat and Ron were discussing how he doesn't spell his name like Bob Seger, and Ron went full Fork and asked Pat why he thought Seager went "against the wind" with the spelling of his name and then he and Pat tried to work in a number of Bob Seger dad jokes into the next few plays. It was dorky as hell and I laughed a lot.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1542 on: June 09, 2016, 02:48:51 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 01:51:43 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

When they were curb-stomping the Dodgers in the last game of that series, Corey Seager was batting in the 9th, and Pat and Ron were discussing how he doesn't spell his name like Bob Seger, and Ron went full Fork and asked Pat why he thought Seager went "against the wind" with the spelling of his name and then he and Pat tried to work in a number of Bob Seger dad jokes into the next few plays. It was dorky as hell and I laughed a lot.

Len and JD did that on the TV side as well. Easy pickings.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1543 on: June 09, 2016, 04:47:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 01:51:43 PM

9. Chicago Cubs

One of the things that is good about being my age is that I got to listen to Dizzy Dean broadcasting baseball games.  It seemed as though he said something to smile about every inning.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1544 on: June 16, 2016, 06:17:09 PM »
Donald Trump.  His rhetorical style is not unlistenable.  In fact, for me it is quite the contrary.  I love listening to him.  He is funny, without intending to be funny.

"You know the Republicans, honestly folks, our leaders, our leaders have to get tougher," Trump said during a rally in Atlanta. "Our leaders have to get a lot tougher. And be quiet. Just please be quiet. Don't talk. Please be quiet. Just be quiet to the leaders because they have to get tougher, they have to get sharper, they have to get smarter."

What did he say?  In seven sentences he said that our leaders have to get tougher three times; that they have to get sharper or smarter two times; and that someone (unspecified) has to be quiet or not talk five times.  Andy Borowitz in the New Yorker delights in writing Trump parodies, but the parodies aren't anywhere near as funny as the original.  (I blush to remember that we mocked Reagan because his hair was prematurely orange.  Either Trump has a bad case of jaundice or he should change his makeup.)