News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 251,048 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1545 on: June 17, 2016, 10:35:57 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 16, 2016, 06:17:09 PM
Donald Trump.  His rhetorical style is not unlistenable.  In fact, for me it is quite the contrary.  I love listening to him.  He is funny, without intending to be funny.

"You know the Republicans, honestly folks, our leaders, our leaders have to get tougher," Trump said during a rally in Atlanta. "Our leaders have to get a lot tougher. And be quiet. Just please be quiet. Don't talk. Please be quiet. Just be quiet to the leaders because they have to get tougher, they have to get sharper, they have to get smarter."

What did he say?  In seven sentences he said that our leaders have to get tougher three times; that they have to get sharper or smarter two times; and that someone (unspecified) has to be quiet or not talk five times.  Andy Borowitz in the New Yorker delights in writing Trump parodies, but the parodies aren't anywhere near as funny as the original.  (I blush to remember that we mocked Reagan because his hair was prematurely orange.  Either Trump has a bad case of jaundice or he should change his makeup.)

Also Andy Borowitz is a hack.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1546 on: June 17, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 17, 2016, 10:35:57 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 16, 2016, 06:17:09 PM
Donald Trump.  His rhetorical style is not unlistenable.  In fact, for me it is quite the contrary.  I love listening to him.  He is funny, without intending to be funny.

"You know the Republicans, honestly folks, our leaders, our leaders have to get tougher," Trump said during a rally in Atlanta. "Our leaders have to get a lot tougher. And be quiet. Just please be quiet. Don't talk. Please be quiet. Just be quiet to the leaders because they have to get tougher, they have to get sharper, they have to get smarter."

What did he say?  In seven sentences he said that our leaders have to get tougher three times; that they have to get sharper or smarter two times; and that someone (unspecified) has to be quiet or not talk five times.  Andy Borowitz in the New Yorker delights in writing Trump parodies, but the parodies aren't anywhere near as funny as the original.  (I blush to remember that we mocked Reagan because his hair was prematurely orange.  Either Trump has a bad case of jaundice or he should change his makeup.)

Also Andy Borowitz is a hack.

I've been hacked.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1547 on: June 17, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
I find Trump so unlistenable that I plan on skipping the debates for the first time since before I started sprouting patchy facial hair.

He's cringeworthy, kind of like the Office when it's at its most cringeworthiest, and without any humor.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1548 on: June 17, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 17, 2016, 12:32:34 PM
I find Trump so unlistenable that I plan on skipping the debates for the first time since before I started sprouting patchy facial hair.

He's cringeworthy, kind of like the Office when it's at its most cringeworthiest, and without any humor.

I'm looking forward to the Convention. There's no way the GOP establishment wants to go into Autumn with Trump heading the ticket, is there?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1549 on: June 17, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 17, 2016, 12:35:10 PM

I'm looking forward to the Convention. There's no way the GOP establishment wants to go into Autumn with Trump heading the ticket, is there?

Uh, it's a little late for that.  They're going to have to live with this little turdfest they created here.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1550 on: June 17, 2016, 02:14:02 PM »

Unless he just quits I'm not sure what you think is going to happen.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1551 on: June 18, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 17, 2016, 02:14:02 PM

I predict he's going to quit rather than get beat.  The only question is when. I think early October. There's no way Donnie gives up 3 nights of prime time TV devoted to promoting himself.  But he also won't want to lose to a girl.  He'll quit and say that the RNC was "Totally unfair. The fix is in. They can die without me."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1552 on: June 18, 2016, 03:40:49 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 18, 2016, 03:27:48 PM

I predict he's going to quit rather than get beat.  The only question is when. I think early October. There's no way Donnie gives up 3 nights of prime time TV devoted to promoting himself.  But he also won't want to lose to a girl.  He'll quit and say that the RNC was "Totally unfair. The fix is in. They can die without me."

I think he stays in, loses, and litigates Trump v. Clinton until the end of time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1553 on: June 18, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 18, 2016, 03:40:49 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 18, 2016, 03:27:48 PM

I predict he's going to quit rather than get beat.  The only question is when. I think early October. There's no way Donnie gives up 3 nights of prime time TV devoted to promoting himself.  But he also won't want to lose to a girl.  He'll quit and say that the RNC was "Totally unfair. The fix is in. They can die without me."

I think he stays in, loses, and litigates Trump v. Clinton until the end of time.

He stays in, loses, and uses his "validity" until the end of time.
"America loves me"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1554 on: June 18, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »
I think that, leading up to the election, he's going to do something very frightening. He'll talk about the minorities who stand against him, and he'll say something like, "them? They're not going to vote!" This will be interpreted by his followers as a message of voter suppression, and Election Day will be the bloodiest in our history. And since many police departments employee white supremacists, it'll be very ugly.
M'lady.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1555 on: June 18, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on June 18, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
I think that, leading up to the election, he's going to do something very frightening. He'll talk about the minorities who stand against him, and he'll say something like, "them? They're not going to vote!" This will be interpreted by his followers as a message of voter suppression, and Election Day will be the bloodiest in our history. And since many police departments employee white supremacists, it'll be very ugly.

I think you do raise a good point that Election Day could be violent and horrible. Hadn't really thought about that.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1556 on: June 20, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 18, 2016, 09:09:41 PM

I think you do raise a good point that Election Day could be violent and horrible. Hadn't really thought about that.

Like fights at the polls? What do you have in mind?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1557 on: June 20, 2016, 08:21:40 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2016, 08:11:51 AM

Everything.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1558 on: June 20, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 20, 2016, 08:21:40 AM

Everything.

Nobody has ever gone broke banking on the worst in people.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1559 on: June 20, 2016, 08:46:43 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 20, 2016, 08:45:57 AM
Quote from: Eli on June 20, 2016, 08:21:40 AM

Everything.

Nobody has ever gone broke banking on the worst in people.

There will definitely be many places where minority voters will likely be targets, I fear.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015