News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.  ( 19,570 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 07, 2012, 05:11:09 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 07, 2012, 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 07, 2012, 11:19:56 AM
Bears name J'Marcus Webb 2nd worst LT in the league.  Chris Williams takes the top spot.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/08/jmarcus_webb_and_gabe_carimi_w.html

It's not the beginning of the end it's the end of the beginning or something Tice, schemes, something else, jew penises.
That's probably still the right call. Chris Williams at this point is probably the less mistake-prone player, but J'Marcus still has a ton of talent. I'm not a big Webb defender, but if you want to make the most of this news, Webb's biggest issue is stupidity, not consistency. I've mentioned before that, while Pro Football Focus had him ranked low overall on the season, he was a solid run blocker and his pass blocking was average or above average in most of his games. Unfortunately, the games where he graded out poorly were utter fucking disasters like Detroit, KC, Denver, and Seattle. Understandably, the Bears are thinking that if he was a respectable tackle most of the time who merely fucked up tremendously when he was put in bad situations, you reduce the number of bad situations and hope all goes well from there. I still think they'll be able to patchwork their way through this season at LT and then make that their top offseason priority. If Carimi stays healthy they've got more than enough depth at the other four spots on the line to be a productive offense. You can hide a LT if you have to, especially if you're going to be running a decent amount of bootlegs with a right handed passer.

Wow, this is midseason bullshit toleration in early August.  Bravo.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »
Here's where I'm at: Urlacher is clearly hurt and it's a matter of time before he goes on IR. There is no reasonable back up plan.

DOOM

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 07, 2012, 09:31:23 PM
Here's where I'm at: Urlacher is clearly hurt and it's a matter of time before he goes on IR. There is no reasonable back up plan.

DOOM

Chris Williams drops 65 pounds over the next four weeks and converts to middle linebacker. SUPA BEARS SUPA BOWL!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 05:45:04 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 07, 2012, 09:51:01 PM

DOOM

Chris Williams drops 65 pounds over the next four weeks and converts to middle linebacker. SUPA BEARS SUPA BOWL!

WE HADNT HAD A TWO WAY PLAYER LIKE DAT SINCE GEORGE CONNORS CAME OUTTA NORTER DAME!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »

DOOM

Why bother with Chris Williams when Chris Zorich is available to play MLB?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 08, 2012, 08:55:05 AM

DOOM

Why bother with Chris Williams when Chris Zorich is available to play MLB?

Rick Noach's football I.Q. will drink the blood of the non-believers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:51 PM »
Brad Biggs has Tweeted that the Bears have re-signed Alex Brown so that he can retire a Bear. He recovered a fumble in the Super Bowl for all the good it did him. Go Gata.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 08, 2012, 05:53:51 PM
Brad Biggs has Tweeted that the Bears have re-signed Alex Brown so that he can retire a Bear. He recovered a fumble in the Super Bowl for all the good it did him. Go Gata.

There is a cottage industry in here.   How about paying a fee to the Cubs/Bears/Marlins/whoever and in return you get signed to a contract employing you and simultaneously accepting your resignation/retirement without benefits or other compensation?  You can say that you retired as a member of the New York Jets!  No danger of raiding the pension plan since no contributions were ever made on your behalf.  Of course there would be a finder's fee, (agent commission), for the guy who brokers the deal.  Kind of like Rudy.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 08, 2012, 06:34:07 PM

There is a cottage industry in here.   How about paying a fee to the Cubs/Bears/Marlins/whoever and in return you get signed to a contract employing you and simultaneously accepting your resignation/retirement without benefits or other compensation?  You can say that you retired as a member of the New York Jets!  No danger of raiding the pension plan since no contributions were ever made on your behalf.  Of course there would be a finder's fee, (agent commission), for the guy who brokers the deal.  Kind of like Rudy.

I've read this several times and somebody's going to have to convince me that it isn't fucking brilliant.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
There are so many Cubs fans who would shell out for this that Theo can sign all the Carl Crawfords and John Lackeys he wants. /shudder
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 05:25:42 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 08, 2012, 06:44:49 PM

I've read this several times and somebody's going to have to convince me that it isn't fucking brilliant.

It's as least as brilliant as the Packers selling colored paper for $100 per sheet and calling it stock.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »

You can actually take the concept and build it out - the basic "retirement package" includes contract and termination.

For additional fees, they can include things like uniform, locker nameplate, doing the ceremonial coinflip, football card, team meal etc.

Port this over to other sports (with appropriate adjustments for that sport), and you could even make the Phoenix Coyotes profitable.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 09, 2012, 07:50:13 AM

You can actually take the concept and build it out - the basic "retirement package" includes contract and termination.

For additional fees, they can include things like uniform, locker nameplate, doing the ceremonial coinflip, football card, team meal etc.

Port this over to other sports (with appropriate adjustments for that sport), and you could even make the Phoenix Coyotes profitable.

Who wants to retire as a Coyote?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 09, 2012, 05:25:42 AM
Quote from: CT III on August 08, 2012, 06:44:49 PM

It's as least as brilliant as the Packers selling colored paper for $100 per sheet and calling it stock.

4 Fans Sake!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 09, 2012, 08:10:02 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 09, 2012, 07:50:13 AM

Who wants to retire as a Coyote?

The same guys who still buy Hartford Whalers shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16