News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Parks and Recreation  ( 50,655 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Parks and Recreation
« Reply #285 on: February 24, 2013, 12:39:47 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 22, 2013, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: PANK! on February 22, 2013, 04:05:35 PM
Just wanted to check in to say I started watching this in Netflix a few weeks ago and have burned through close to 50 episodes in this time, and I'm trying to determine which character is funniest one in the history of TV--Ron Swanson or Tom Halverford.  I'll go with Ron because he engenders laugter out of me simply by being on the screen. 

He also engenders laugter out of me.

That's great.  Laugter is the best medcine.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: February 24, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 22, 2013, 05:10:17 PM
Quote from: PANK! on February 22, 2013, 04:05:35 PM
Just wanted to check in to say I started watching this in Netflix a few weeks ago and have burned through close to 50 episodes in this time, and I'm trying to determine which character is funniest one in the history of TV--Ron Swanson or Tom Halverford.  I'll go with Ron because he engenders laugter out of me simply by being on the screen. 

He also engenders laugter out of me.

Intrepid Reader: Perd Hapley

Everyone seems... to be laughing now.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/parks-recreation-rob-lowe-rashida-597255

QuoteTwo of Parks and Recreation's regulars are exiting the series.

Rob Lowe, who joined in season two, and Rashida Jones, a core player since the show's inception, will depart NBC's returning fall comedy in the middle of the upcoming sixth season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:21 AM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: September 04, 2013, 07:44:04 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 03, 2013, 11:37:14 PM
http://e2.ma/message/8qigf/wh38bd

Go Perds!

I know all the PenFoes of the world will cite umpteen focus groups saying how it's a shit idea, but really, they should just embrace this and own it.

Between Perds and Predators, they'd basically be a glass of lemonade away from sitting across from Chris Hanson.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: September 04, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on September 04, 2013, 07:44:04 AM
I know all the PenFoes of the world will cite umpteen focus groups saying how it's a shit idea, but really, they should just embrace this and own it.

Between Perds and Predators, they'd basically be a glass of lemonade away from sitting across from Chris Hanson.

For those who aren't aware, it also bears mentioning that the back half of the Predators' goal song was written by a noted child predator.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 04, 2013, 09:55:38 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on September 04, 2013, 07:44:04 AM

For those who aren't aware, it also bears mentioning that the back half of the Predators' goal song was written by a noted child predator.

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/statuses/375361021914796032

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: October 03, 2013, 08:51:54 AM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: October 03, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »
That was disgusting and I had nightmares about it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: October 03, 2013, 11:30:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 03, 2013, 10:24:20 AM
That was disgusting and I had nightmares about it.

Damn it, Jerry.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:36 PM »
Yo La Tengo as Bobby Knight Ranger.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
Looking forward to this gimmick:

QuoteAlso, how much, if at all, are you planning to deal with the 2017 of it? Will everyone be wearing Google Glass and shiny jumpsuits?

Mike Schur: Rule number one for the writers when we committed to the jump was: no hoverboards. No one is allowed to pitch that everyone is on hoverboards. It's going to be very very gently sci-fi.

Are you going to have to be vaguer about references to politics and pop culture next season, as a result of the jump? And, if so, will it be harder to write for Tom as a result?

Mike Schur: Yes, we will have to be vaguer, obviously, though it also seems fun to do some David Foster Wallace-style projecting into the near future. That's what I mean by "gently sci-fi" -- there will be the opportunity, should we be so inclined, to make jokes and references to what we imagine the cultural and political landscape to be in 2017.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: April 25, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 25, 2014, 08:26:22 AM
Looking forward to this gimmick:

QuoteAlso, how much, if at all, are you planning to deal with the 2017 of it? Will everyone be wearing Google Glass and shiny jumpsuits?

Mike Schur: Rule number one for the writers when we committed to the jump was: no hoverboards. No one is allowed to pitch that everyone is on hoverboards. It's going to be very very gently sci-fi.

Are you going to have to be vaguer about references to politics and pop culture next season, as a result of the jump? And, if so, will it be harder to write for Tom as a result?

Mike Schur: Yes, we will have to be vaguer, obviously, though it also seems fun to do some David Foster Wallace-style projecting into the near future. That's what I mean by "gently sci-fi" -- there will be the opportunity, should we be so inclined, to make jokes and references to what we imagine the cultural and political landscape to be in 2017.

I really liked the re-boot (for lack of a better word) of the show. I've enjoyed this season more than a lot of people, but they probably needed something to jolt them out of the same old plot lines. It was also a great way to sidestep all the pregnancy/baby tropes that people were worried about seeing from Leslie and Ben.

You have to feel for poor Jon Hamm, though, being introduced and fired in the span of 10 seconds.