News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza (League Info on page 10)  ( 91,823 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Baseball Keeper League 2008 Extravaganza
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »
Well, hell. I think this is great. I heard BC's sample report on that resume site and I thought he sounded fine.

Keep it up. Read every piece of news you can find on the interwebs and never stop devising ways to make yourself better. You may end up the next Rush Limbaugh or something. Only bigger.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on January 23, 2008, 10:48:48 AM
Well, hell. I think this is great. I heard BC's sample report on that resume site and I thought he sounded fine.

Keep it up. Read every piece of news you can find on the interwebs and never stop devising ways to make yourself better. You may end up the next Rush Limbaugh or something. Only bigger.

Look, the guy admitted he has a weight problem. Can we just leave him and his box of Hostess Apple Pies be?

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 11:48:17 AM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on January 23, 2008, 11:42:34 AM

Look, the guy admitted he has a weight problem. Can we just leave him and his box case pallet of Hostess Apple Pies be?

Comfort food in trying times'd

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on January 23, 2008, 11:48:17 AM
Quote from: Slaky+ on January 23, 2008, 11:42:34 AM

Look, the guy admitted he has a weight problem. Can we just leave him and his box case pallet of Hostess Apple Pies be?

Comfort food in trying times'd

Tastes like Happy.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
Quote from: Slaky+ on January 23, 2008, 11:50:44 AM

Tastes like Happy.

Happy tastes like sad.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
Is it possible for me to get in on this league?

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 23, 2008, 12:30:11 PM
Is it possible for me to get in on this league?

We're gonna have to re-check some numbers, but I'd give it a solid maybe.  I've lost track of the numbers.  Know what I'm sayin'?  I'd like to say "yes" and then just worry about it later.  But, if you hate the Chinese and rich, white liberals as much as I do, then I know for a fact I can possibly get you in for sure.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
If I added blacks, Jews and ultra-right conservatives, would that get me a top 5 pick?

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 23, 2008, 12:40:52 PM
If I added blacks, Jews and ultra-right conservatives, would that get me a top 5 pick?

You're going to have to add poor, disenfranchised whites FTW.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, we were trying to determine how exactly a 24-team league would work. I know I had said that you could get away with every team having a 20-man roster. C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP and five bench players was my suggestion. 24 times 20 is 480 players, which would be stretching it a bit out of MLB's 750 rostered players but probably doable. Drop the Util and it is 460, drop one of the SP positions and it is 440.

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
I vote for fewer free agents.  If I get a vote.

I still think we should also forego the bench.  With that few decent free agents available anyway, I say screw the bench.  Play everyone!

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 23, 2008, 02:34:34 PM
I still think we should also forego the bench.  With that few decent free agents available anyway, I say screw the bench.  Play everyone!

Here's the problem with that idea, especially if our league is a H2H league... If my team needs wins down the stretch to get in the playoffs and one of my main players is hurt for a few weeks, but would likely be back for the playoffs, this leaves me in a pickle. Do I let that player go to get even a little production from his position in order to try to get wins? Or do I leave his position empty and hope I can overcome it to get in the playoffs? I think having a five-man bench is pretty minimalist, but at the very least I think teams should have at least three bench spots just to account for circumstances like the one I just talked about. If someone can build a team where nobody from the team is hurt for at least three weeks through the whole season, I would be shocked because I have yet to see it even come close to happening.

Maybe three bench spots and two DL slots? I don't know...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 03:15:48 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 23, 2008, 02:41:44 PM
Quote from: Oleg on January 23, 2008, 02:34:34 PM

Here's the problem with that idea, especially if our league is a H2H league... If my team needs wins down the stretch to get in the playoffs and one of my main players is hurt for a few weeks, but would likely be back for the playoffs, this leaves me in a pickle. Do I let that player go to get even a little production from his position in order to try to get wins? Or do I leave his position empty and hope I can overcome it to get in the playoffs? I think having a five-man bench is pretty minimalist, but at the very least I think teams should have at least three bench spots just to account for circumstances like the one I just talked about. If someone can build a team where nobody from the team is hurt for at least three weeks through the whole season, I would be shocked because I have yet to see it even come close to happening.

Maybe three bench spots and two DL slots? I don't know...

You know what?  You're right.  I keep forgetting this is going to be one of those ghey head-to-head leagues.  In a roto league, my idea would make more sense.

I would like to see a near-unlimited DL bench with some strict rules about hoarding players on it.

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 03:22:37 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 23, 2008, 02:41:44 PM
If my team needs wins down the stretch to get in the playoffs and one of my main players is hurt for a few weeks, but would likely be back for the playoffs, this leaves me in a pickle.

Since you're proposing that every team have 157 active players, missing one player's production shouldn't be a big hit.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 03:24:03 PM »
Quote from: BC on January 23, 2008, 02:30:45 PM
If I remember correctly, we were trying to determine how exactly a 24-team league would work. I know I had said that you could get away with every team having a 20-man roster. C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP and five bench players was my suggestion. 24 times 20 is 480 players, which would be stretching it a bit out of MLB's 750 rostered players but probably doable. Drop the Util and it is 460, drop one of the SP positions and it is 440.

More relievers fewer starters. There's too many damn teams for 5-man rotations. Fuck Marquis.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.