News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2017 Postseason (That Means All Teams Besides the Cubs if You’re An Optoat)  ( 9,050 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2017 Postseason
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:27 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 05, 2017, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 05, 2017, 09:27:29 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 04, 2017, 05:46:53 PM
I'd love to be there when Matt Murton meets Chuck's family just to see his face when he's told that the kids are all known as "murtons." Who does he call first: the cops, or a lawyer to get started on a restraining order? Maybe a conference call with both? Decisions, decisions.

He'd be cool with it. The Murtons are all infinitely more likeable than Chuck.

Years ago we got Len Kasper over to the Kohl Children's Museum as we were seeing if he might be the celeb on our golf tournament. Len brought his son Leo and one of Leo's good friends. Eldest and Middle Murton were there as well.  Len said to me, "Look at all that red hair." I said that some of the Desipiots had started to call them the "Murtons." Len paused, looked and them, and laughed pretty hard.

Would love to know if that ever got back to Matt.

Coda: Len didn't end up being involved in the golf tournament.

We get it, you hate Len Kasper.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 05, 2017, 10:41:27 AM
I'd love to be there when Matt Murton meets Chuck's family just to see his face when he's told that the kids are all known as "murtons." Who does he call first: the cops, or a lawyer to get started on a restraining order? Maybe a conference call with both? Decisions, decisions.

Years ago we got Len Kasper over to the Kohl Children's Museum as we were seeing if he might be the celeb on our golf tournament. Len brought his son Leo and one of Leo's good friends. Eldest and Middle Murton were there as well.  Len said to me, "Look at all that red hair." I said that some of the Desipiots had started to call them the "Murtons." Len paused, looked and them, and laughed pretty hard.

TJ was the chairman of the golf tournament at the time, so...

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 05, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

We got Dave Kaplan instead. It was phenomenal.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 01:01:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2017, 07:40:44 AM
Quote from: Tonker on October 04, 2017, 07:03:00 AM
MODS!

I'm no CT, but I feel as a former mod this is acceptable as I think it is kind of a desipio tradition to have one thread specifically for Cubs playoff games and one thread for all of the others.

Which reminds me, we are be coming up on my first anniversary as moderator. Feel free to send cake.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 05, 2017, 01:01:23 PM
MODS!

I'm no CT, but I feel as a former mod this is acceptable as I think it is kind of a desipio tradition to have one thread specifically for Cubs playoff games and one thread for all of the others.

Which reminds me, we are be coming up on my first anniversary as moderator. Feel free to send cake.

Maybe you are be, I am not are be.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM

I think those were separate years. But Kap was phenomenal, Sparky.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 05, 2017, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM

I think those were separate years. But Kap was phenomenal, Sparky.

And almost as orange as Murton's hair.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 01:53:48 PM »

After the Cubs swept St. Louis at Wrigley in September I was leaving my seat in the upper deck and spotted Len walking down from the press box. I thought about getting a picture but he looked like he was really trying to get to the bus for the road trip, so I settled for shaking his hand and telling him I love his work, which I do. Then the next five people all took photos with him. At least I didn't get rejected like Chuck.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 05, 2017, 01:53:48 PM

Years ago we got Len Kasper over to the Kohl Children's Museum as we were seeing if he might be the celeb on our golf tournament. Len brought his son Leo and one of Leo's good friends. Eldest and Middle Murton were there as well.  Len said to me, "Look at all that red hair." I said that some of the Desipiots had started to call them the "Murtons." Len paused, looked and them, and laughed pretty hard.

After the Cubs swept St. Louis at Wrigley in September I was leaving my seat in the upper deck and spotted Len walking down from the press box. I thought about getting a picture but he looked like he was really trying to get to the bus for the road trip, so I settled for shaking his hand and telling him I love his work, which I do. Then the next five people all took photos with him. At least I didn't get rejected like Chuck.

Was more a victim of date. Len couldn't guaranty involvement every year as our schedule was determined by the course we used for the tournament, not the MLB calendar.

Len did buy everyone Kim & Scott's Gourmet Pretzels in the museum's restaurant.

I just blame TJ.

(lost in the story is that Len didn't need translation of "Desipiots")

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 08:19:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2017, 01:07:39 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 05, 2017, 01:01:23 PM
MODS!

Maybe you are be, I am not are be.

I know you know what you know but you should know by now that you're not me.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:49 AM »
Hector's the odd man out for the first round and Herb Washington Leonys Martin makes it.

My guess is Hector'll be back on next round since teams are more likely to carry 12 arms in a best-of-a-seven series.  They certainly don't need that many for a 5 game so I'm cool with this, even if I do feel a little bad for Hector since it seemed he had turned things around.  Like I said, though, he'll probably be back on next round.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on October 06, 2017, 09:23:49 AM
Hector's the odd man out for the first round and Herb Washington Leonys Martin makes it.

My guess is Hector'll be back on next round since teams are more likely to carry 12 arms in a best-of-a-seven series.  They certainly don't need that many for a 5 game so I'm cool with this, even if I do feel a little bad for Hector since it seemed he had turned things around.  Like I said, though, he'll probably be back on next round.

I think that's right. Also I'm glad Joe resisted the urge to include Rene Federowicz on the roster.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I've seen some fuckin shit in my day and suffered as much as any fan seemingly could for the Cubs and Bears and yet I still can't imagine how goddamn awful it must feel to be an Indians fan right now. God damn.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2017, 11:01:26 PM
I've seen some fuckin shit in my day and suffered as much as any fan seemingly could for the Cubs and Bears and yet I still can't imagine how goddamn awful it must feel to be an Indians fan right now. God damn.

But they won 22 games in a row, didn't you hear?

Maybe they can get rid of Wahoo now without any championship history to preserve.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 11, 2017, 11:12:00 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 11, 2017, 11:01:26 PM

But they won 22 games in a row, didn't you hear?

Maybe they can get rid of Wahoo now without any championship history to preserve.

And somehow they won those games without having Chad Bradford or Jonah Hill!