News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,130 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2016, 08:07:00 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 06, 2016, 07:27:47 AM
I'm not sure what's more sad, that I'm convinced Shields is pretty much done and won't make much of a difference at all, or that he's still an upgrade over Latos and with their farm system he was probably the best move they could make.

Remember when the Cubs "lost out" on Shields?

good times.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: June 06, 2016, 08:16:59 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 06, 2016, 08:07:00 AM
I'm not sure what's more sad, that I'm convinced Shields is pretty much done and won't make much of a difference at all, or that he's still an upgrade over Latos and with their farm system he was probably the best move they could make.

good times.

Yeah, for all of the legitimately genius moves Theo has made, sometimes the ones he swung and missed at worked out for the better, too. Shields would probably have been slightly better with the Cubs defense behind him but still, it was good that he didn't accept their offer. It sucked at the time to lose out on Anibal Sanchez and throw that money at Edwin Jackson, but in the long run both contracts have turned into disasters and Sanchez would have just been a disaster for two more years and an extra 28 million.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: June 06, 2016, 08:50:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 06, 2016, 08:16:59 AM

good times.

Yeah, for all of the legitimately genius moves Theo has made, sometimes the ones he swung and missed at worked out for the better, too. Shields would probably have been slightly better with the Cubs defense behind him but still, it was good that he didn't accept their offer. It sucked at the time to lose out on Anibal Sanchez and throw that money at Edwin Jackson, but in the long run both contracts have turned into disasters and Sanchez would have just been a disaster for two more years and an extra 28 million.

While possibly jeopardizing the presence of Kris Bryant perhaps.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: June 06, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 06, 2016, 08:50:23 AM

good times.

Neither would have impacted that, he was drafted in 2013, so based off their 2012 record. The Sanchez/Jackson signings happened in the 2012 offseason, so it would have been Schwarber they were potentially jeopardizing.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: June 06, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 06, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

good times.

Neither would have impacted that, he was drafted in 2013, so based off their 2012 record. The Sanchez/Jackson signings happened in the 2012 offseason, so it would have been Schwarber they were potentially jeopardizing.

But probably not because Schwarber was picked by the Cubs higher than he was otherwise expected to be picked, correct?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: June 06, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 06, 2016, 08:54:42 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 06, 2016, 08:52:17 AM

good times.

But probably not because Schwarber was picked by the Cubs higher than he was otherwise expected to be picked, correct?

Probably not. This is the worst alternate reality ever. Although CT looks pretty good with his Evil Mirror Universe Goatee.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: June 08, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 21, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
I have May 8 as White Sox Fall Below .500 Day. Anyone care to bet they make it sooner?

Off by a month

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: June 09, 2016, 02:05:48 AM »
James Shields was complete garbage.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:08 PM »
Matt Latos DFAed.

They've gone 6-20 over the last month.

I did not think I would enjoy this nearly as much as I have.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: June 09, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »
In all fairness fuck the White Sox and anyone who doesn't wish them a lifelong baseball hellscape.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: June 09, 2016, 03:19:16 PM »
They also signed Justin Morneau and then put him on the DL, hoping he can come back from years of his brain being turned into mush and hit well after they've dropped completely out of contention. This is their equivalent to the Phil Nevin trade.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: June 09, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 03:19:16 PM
They also signed Justin Morneau and then put him on the DL, hoping he can come back from years of his brain being turned into mush and hit well after they've dropped completely out of contention. This is their equivalent to the Phil Nevin trade.

Phil Nevin pays strippers to peg him from behind with a strap-on. 

True story.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: June 09, 2016, 03:31:18 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 09, 2016, 03:26:27 PM

True story.

I mean, as opposed to pegging him from some other direction?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: June 09, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »

Perhaps it's their equivalent of a Joe Nathan signing?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: June 09, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 09, 2016, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 09, 2016, 03:26:27 PM

True story.

I mean, as opposed to pegging him from some other direction?

Not sure, maybe as the expert you can shed some light here.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.