News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Arrested Development  ( 44,837 )

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2005, 10:44:04 AM »
The Jack the Ripper lines when talking to her for the first time was good stuff.

I think we need some more Arrested Development avatars.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2005, 12:22:19 PM »
There, you have to close your eyes and take it.  Here, you have to close your eyes and give it.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2005, 12:39:21 PM »
I've got to start eating breakfast before I come here.
As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2005, 12:55:51 PM »

Tobias's new headshot with the bleeding hair plugs is great.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2005, 05:35:02 PM »
Sadly ratings still suck for this show.  I've got a bad feeling about this.  It's 'Ed' all over again.

From tvtracker.com

-Yesterday's Ratings Winners:
Two and a Half Men (CBS), Prison Break (Fox), CSI: Miami (CBS), Medium (NBC)

-Honorable Mention:
Las Vegas (NBC)

-Yesterday's Ratings Losers:
Surface (NBC), Arrested Development (Fox), Kitchen Confidential (Fox), Out Of Practice (CBS), Just Legal (WB)

And just to spread more doom.

Season two of The Office kicked off with a disappointing 6.3/ 9 in the overnights (#3)

forklift

« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 02:58:27 AM »

I think Ron Howard & Co. know this is gonna be the last season, on Fox anyway. They're swinging for the fences, both with risque humor and political humor.

Last week with the "Mission:Accomplished" banner, this week the Rumsfeld picture?

If Rupert Murdoch was watching, it would have killed him...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 09:29:50 AM »
The best thing about the Mission Accomplished banner is that they keep using it.

The winter schedule for Fox doesn't have Arrested Development on it.  Here's the current schedule:

http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_fall.htm

And here's winter 2006:
http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_2006_jan.htm

I'm counting on The War at Home getting canned and Arrested going back to Sundays at 7:30 p.m.

CT

• President of the Joe Kmak Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 09:34:57 AM »
Is there a better TV character name than Bob Loblaw?
A day job? In an office? My worst nightmare come true!

forklift

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »
Quote from: Andy on September 28, 2005, 09:29:50 AM
The best thing about the Mission Accomplished banner is that they keep using it.

The winter schedule for Fox doesn't have Arrested Development on it.  Here's the current schedule:

http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_fall.htm

And here's winter 2006:
http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_2006_jan.htm

I'm counting on The War at Home getting canned and Arrested going back to Sundays at 7:30 p.m.

I actually toughed it out through the pilot of "The War at Home"...man, did that ever blow...

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2005, 02:00:04 PM »
Mitch Hurwitz accepted his writing Emmy and said, "Thanks again for honoring our work on a TV show that no one will watch."

I watch, damnit!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2005, 03:36:11 PM »
I don't know whether this will ultimately make any difference, but they've just started showing it here in Holland, and I know the BBC has been running it (to very good reviews) for some time back home.  I'd have thought that Fox must factor in their international sales when deciding to re-commission something or not, surely?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

forklift

« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2005, 08:06:23 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 03, 2005, 03:36:11 PM
I don't know whether this will ultimately make any difference, but they've just started showing it here in Holland, and I know the BBC has been running it (to very good reviews) for some time back home.  I'd have thought that Fox must factor in their international sales when deciding to re-commission something or not, surely?

Not at all...they're idiots...

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2005, 11:51:44 AM »
I thought last nights show was hillarious.  Between the "analrapist" and "SH: I won't forget this ... dad.  GB: I will. <pop roofie>", I was about to wet myself.  This show gets better with each episode. 

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2005, 10:29:15 AM »
Good news for Arrested Development.  Fox is allegedly going to announce after the baseball playoffs that Arrested and Kitchen Confidential are moving to Fridays at 8 and 8:30 respectively.  This is good news because my TiVo doesn't care when Arrested is on, and Fox gets crap ratings on Fridays so parking Arrested there will probably insure an entire third season.  Fox wants it to finish the season because the pre-orders for the season two DVDs have outsold even Desperate Housewives.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2005, 10:39:02 AM »
Quote from: Andy on October 05, 2005, 10:29:15 AM
Good news for Arrested Development.  Fox is allegedly going to announce after the baseball playoffs that Arrested and Kitchen Confidential are moving to Fridays at 8 and 8:30 respectively.  This is good news because my TiVo doesn't care when Arrested is on, and Fox gets crap ratings on Fridays so parking Arrested there will probably insure an entire third season.  Fox wants it to finish the season because the pre-orders for the season two DVDs have outsold even Desperate Housewives.

It's a shame when a show gets the acclaim Arrested Development does and Fox still doesn't give them a "good" time.  This is Family Guy version 2.0.  Also am I the only one that thinks Charlize Theron looks hot with that racoon hat on?