News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Arrested Development  ( 44,831 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Arrested Development
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 03, 2009, 02:07:15 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 03, 2009, 02:01:31 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 03, 2009, 12:51:15 PM
This looks outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIF3Jo61xlE&feature=player_embedded

Quote from: ChuckD on November 28, 2009, 03:57:29 PM
Shut up, fucktard.

And that's why you always leave a note.

So, IFC's been airing "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret."

I don't get IFC, but I spotted it on OnDemand last week and have been able to watch the final three episodes of its 6-episode season. As of last night, only episodes 5 and 6 were still available, but they're still totally worth watching on their own.

And, via Wikipedia, apparently the now-redacted part of this Facebook post originally said "IFC (Hooray IFC!) has picked up the show for (at least) another eight episodes!"
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: October 02, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
http://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/120599846745931777

QuoteNews @NewYorkerFest: Arrested Development coming back for one more TV season before movie. #ArrestedDevelopment #tnyfest

http://twitter.com/arnettwill/status/120620083923001344

QuoteI'm peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie

http://twitter.com/batemanjason/status/120629729819766785

QuoteIt's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/mitchell-hurwitz-promises-an-arrested-development-movie-and-new-tv-episodes/

QuoteOn Sunday afternoon, Mr. Hurwitz tossed a few more crumbs to the "Arrested Development" faithful at a New Yorker Festival event that reunited him with the show's ensemble cast, telling the audience that a movie was still in the works, along with a new set of television episodes that would serve as a prelude to the film.

Asked by the event's moderator, Nancy Franklin, for an update on the movie, Mr. Hurwitz said, "We're 80 percent of the way to an answer," which was understandably greeted by some laughter.

Mr. Hurwitz went on to say that he and Ron Howard, the director and producer who was the "Arrested Development" narrator, "had been talking about this for ages and trying to get this going."

Mr. Hurwitz continued: "We don't completely own the property, there are business people involved and studios and that kind of thing. Just creatively, I have been working on the screenplay for a long time and found that as time went by, there was so much more to the story. In fact, where everyone's been for five years became a big part of the story. So in working on the screenplay, I found even if I just gave five minutes per character to that back story, we were halfway through the movie before the characters got together."

So, Mr. Hurwitz said: "We're trying to do a limited-run series into the movie." After a wave of excited applause died down, he continued: "We're basically hoping to do 9 or 10 episodes, with almost one character per episode."

By way of apology, Mr. Hurwitz also said that while he and the "Arrested Development" team had intimated in the past that the movie wasn't coming together because Mr. Cera – who has since been propelled into leading roles in films like "Superbad" and "Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World" – was standing in the way, this had all been an inside joke gone wrong.

"I kind of was perpetuating a little thing, like, wouldn't it be funny if Michael Cera was the holdout. Let's put that out there. And Michael had that Andy Kaufman thing. And then it really turned ugly, quickly. So I really just have to say, for those of you that have been following this saga, Michael's always been great."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 02, 2011, 06:43:23 PM
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/mitchell-hurwitz-promises-an-arrested-development-movie-and-new-tv-episodes/

QuoteOn Sunday afternoon, Mr. Hurwitz tossed a few more crumbs to the "Arrested Development" faithful at a New Yorker Festival event that reunited him with the show's ensemble cast, telling the audience that a movie was still in the works, along with a new set of television episodes that would serve as a prelude to the film.

Asked by the event's moderator, Nancy Franklin, for an update on the movie, Mr. Hurwitz said, "We're 80 percent of the way to an answer," which was understandably greeted by some laughter.

Mr. Hurwitz went on to say that he and Ron Howard, the director and producer who was the "Arrested Development" narrator, "had been talking about this for ages and trying to get this going."

Mr. Hurwitz continued: "We don't completely own the property, there are business people involved and studios and that kind of thing. Just creatively, I have been working on the screenplay for a long time and found that as time went by, there was so much more to the story. In fact, where everyone's been for five years became a big part of the story. So in working on the screenplay, I found even if I just gave five minutes per character to that back story, we were halfway through the movie before the characters got together."

So, Mr. Hurwitz said: "We're trying to do a limited-run series into the movie." After a wave of excited applause died down, he continued: "We're basically hoping to do 9 or 10 episodes, with almost one character per episode."

By way of apology, Mr. Hurwitz also said that while he and the "Arrested Development" team had intimated in the past that the movie wasn't coming together because Mr. Cera – who has since been propelled into leading roles in films like "Superbad" and "Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World" – was standing in the way, this had all been an inside joke gone wrong.

"I kind of was perpetuating a little thing, like, wouldn't it be funny if Michael Cera was the holdout. Let's put that out there. And Michael had that Andy Kaufman thing. And then it really turned ugly, quickly. So I really just have to say, for those of you that have been following this saga, Michael's always been great."

This would seem to be more than a minor hurdle.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
QuoteBEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Nov. 18, 2011 -- In a[n] landmark deal, all new episodes of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series "Arrested Development" will be coming exclusively to Netflix for its U.S. members to watch instantly, beginning in 2013.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 18, 2011, 07:58:39 PM
QuoteBEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Nov. 18, 2011 -- In a[n] landmark deal, all new episodes of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series "Arrested Development" will be coming exclusively to Netflix for its U.S. members to watch instantly, beginning in 2013.

Quote"Netflix's bold entrance into original programming presents an exciting new opportunity for our two companies," Fox Filmed Entertainment's President of New Media & Digital Distribution Peter Levinsohn was quoted in the release.

All right.  Excellent.

Quote"Bringing a classic show back to production on new episodes exclusively for Netflix customers is a game changer, and illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine."

DAMNIT!!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 18, 2011, 08:31:12 PM
Quote"Bringing a classic show back to production on new episodes exclusively for Netflix customers is a game changer, and illustrates the incredible potential the new digital landscape affords great content providers like Twentieth Century Fox Television and Imagine."

DAMNIT!!!!

They don't call it the unconscious mind for nothing.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 22, 2010, 10:52:36 AM
This looks outstanding.

Shut up, fucktard.

I don't get IFC, but I spotted it on OnDemand last week and have been able to watch the final three episodes of its 6-episode season. As of last night, only episodes 5 and 6 were still available, but they're still totally worth watching on their own.

And, via Wikipedia, apparently the now-redacted part of this Facebook post originally said "IFC (Hooray IFC!) has picked up the show for (at least) another eight episodes!"

Jon Hamm.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 09, 2012, 06:23:23 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 22, 2010, 10:52:36 AM
This looks outstanding.

Shut up, fucktard.

Jon Hamm.

"I'll explain everything I know once we get upstairs and I have a quick pank in the room. That's a poo and a wank."

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »

New photo. Looks like they haven't finished re-building the set.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: July 29, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 28, 2012, 08:55:08 PM

New photo. Looks like they haven't finished re-building the set.
Who knows. It is a Bluth model home.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:43 AM »

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:55 AM »