News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,344 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2009, 07:41:24 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 28, 2009, 05:39:34 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 28, 2009, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on December 27, 2009, 04:41:36 PM
Seriously, what the fuck. Every god damned time I get a decent kill streak item, the fucking game ends. Like, right as I'm pressing right on the d-pad to use the motherfucker. GOD FUCKING SHIT.

Also, this game rules, yada yada yada.

ANGER.  I didn't know you played nerd games, ChuckD.

You underestimate the size of my nerdong. I've only had it for three days and I've already logged 3.5 more hours than Weebs.

That's because Weebs owns every gaming system and every game made for that system and can only manage to play each for like thirteen seconds before he moves on to more debt.

By the way, I had NO IDEA that was you in Yeti's party when I joined.  I thought you were just one of his lumberjack friends.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2009, 08:13:44 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 29, 2009, 07:41:24 AM
Seriously, what the fuck. Every god damned time I get a decent kill streak item, the fucking game ends. Like, right as I'm pressing right on the d-pad to use the motherfucker. GOD FUCKING SHIT.

You underestimate the size of my nerdong. I've only had it for three days and I've already logged 3.5 more hours than Weebs.

That's because Weebs owns every gaming system and every game made for that system and can only manage to play each for like thirteen seconds before he moves on to more debt.

By the way, I had NO IDEA that was you in Yeti's party when I joined.  I thought you were just one of his lumberjack friends.

Way to channel your inner TDubbs.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 29, 2009, 08:13:44 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 29, 2009, 07:41:24 AM

Way to channel your inner TDubbs.

(crushes Bood Light can on fivehead)

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: December 30, 2009, 08:00:39 AM »
DPD.  Don't know where to put this, but I just got the Turtle Beach headset for my 360.  I got them for one reason:  Mrs. IAN hates the XBOX noise with a firey white hot passion, and this headset funnels all the sound from the game into the headphones.  Thus, I can be a nerd in peace and she can watch Real Housewives of Orange County in peace.

What I didn't realize was how awesome the audio is in these things.  I'm hearing things I've never heard in this game (MW2) that I've never heard before.  You can hear directionality of rounds, reloads, death moans of other characters, footsteps you would otherwise not hear, character chatter, and sweet ambient noise from the levels.  For instance, High Rise has spots on the map with chainlink fencing and exhaust fans and neon light fixtures.  When my character walks by them, the headset really brings out the audio from these things.  Not to mention the sound of the weapons and explosions.

I highly recommend them.  The wired set is $60 and come with plenty of slack.  The wireless ones are much more expensive and can interfere with your wireless adapter, so I would stick with the wired ones if interested.  One more perk of the headset...you can mute the other players' voices and still have the game sound in your headphones.  The audio is righteous.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: December 30, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 30, 2009, 08:00:39 AM
DPD.  Don't know where to put this, but I just got the Turtle Beach headset for my 360.  I got them for one reason:  Mrs. IAN hates the XBOX noise with a firey white hot passion, and this headset funnels all the sound from the game into the headphones.  Thus, I can be a nerd in peace and she can watch Real Housewives of Orange County in peace.

What I didn't realize was how awesome the audio is in these things.  I'm hearing things I've never heard in this game (MW2) that I've never heard before.  You can hear directionality of rounds, reloads, death moans of other characters, footsteps you would otherwise not hear, character chatter, and sweet ambient noise from the levels.  For instance, High Rise has spots on the map with chainlink fencing and exhaust fans and neon light fixtures.  When my character walks by them, the headset really brings out the audio from these things.  Not to mention the sound of the weapons and explosions.

I highly recommend them.  The wired set is $60 and come with plenty of slack.  The wireless ones are much more expensive and can interfere with your wireless adapter, so I would stick with the wired ones if interested.  One more perk of the headset...you can mute the other players' voices and still have the game sound in your headphones.  The audio is righteous.

That sounds pretty cool. Is the headset something that connects into the TV? Or the secksbox?

Also, I had a pretty productive day on there yesterday. I called in two nukes, both at Rundown. The first one I finished 39-3. I used the Predator and Chopper Gunner as the 2 first Killstreak awards. The CG just completely decimated the other team as I was spawn killing the crap out of them. On the second nuke, it was basically the same deal as the first, but this time, I was 31-1 (the one death being the nuke). I also came very close to getting a nuke on Quarry. I was using Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. I was knifing the shit out of them. My team did a good job at being decoys for me on occasions. I got the Chopper Gunner and I killed probably 7-8 of them before it went away. It’s tougher to get CG kills there. I killed a few more people before I died. I think I was at around 23-24 kills. It was definitely a good day. I had my K/D go up by .03 points (which is significant when you’re looking at 10000+ kills and 7000 or so deaths) to 1.32. I’m inching my way up to PTM’s 2.07

Also, I just remembered.. I'd like to see Activision have a killstreak counter on the HUD. I'm sure they could find a nice place for a small number that keeps adding. If they wanted to, they could include deathstreaks with a negative number.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2009, 09:25:29 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 30, 2009, 08:57:55 AM

That sounds pretty cool. Is the headset something that connects into the TV? Or the secksbox?

Also, I had a pretty productive day on there yesterday. I called in two nukes, both at Rundown. The first one I finished 39-3. I used the Predator and Chopper Gunner as the 2 first Killstreak awards. The CG just completely decimated the other team as I was spawn killing the crap out of them. On the second nuke, it was basically the same deal as the first, but this time, I was 31-1 (the one death being the nuke). I also came very close to getting a nuke on Quarry. I was using Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. I was knifing the shit out of them. My team did a good job at being decoys for me on occasions. I got the Chopper Gunner and I killed probably 7-8 of them before it went away. It's tougher to get CG kills there. I killed a few more people before I died. I think I was at around 23-24 kills. It was definitely a good day. I had my K/D go up by .03 points (which is significant when you're looking at 10000+ kills and 7000 or so deaths) to 1.32. I'm inching my way up to PTM's 2.07

Also, I just remembered.. I'd like to see Activision have a killstreak counter on the HUD. I'm sure they could find a nice place for a small number that keeps adding. If they wanted to, they could include deathstreaks with a negative number.

You fucking homo.

The headset uses the audio cables that go from teh 360 to the back of your TV.  Here:

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2009, 09:38:48 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 30, 2009, 09:25:29 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 30, 2009, 08:57:55 AM

Also, I had a pretty productive day on there yesterday. I called in two nukes, both at Rundown. The first one I finished 39-3. I used the Predator and Chopper Gunner as the 2 first Killstreak awards. The CG just completely decimated the other team as I was spawn killing the crap out of them. On the second nuke, it was basically the same deal as the first, but this time, I was 31-1 (the one death being the nuke). I also came very close to getting a nuke on Quarry. I was using Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. I was knifing the shit out of them. My team did a good job at being decoys for me on occasions. I got the Chopper Gunner and I killed probably 7-8 of them before it went away. It's tougher to get CG kills there. I killed a few more people before I died. I think I was at around 23-24 kills. It was definitely a good day. I had my K/D go up by .03 points (which is significant when you're looking at 10000+ kills and 7000 or so deaths) to 1.32. I'm inching my way up to PTM's 2.07

You fucking homo.

The headset uses the audio cables that go from teh 360 to the back of your TV.  Here:

I use it alot on Highrise.. Run to the other side of the map and knife a bunch of people. We had just had highrise right before Quarry, so I was in the mood. My main purpose is to get Lightweight and Marathon Pro. Once those are done, I'll probably get rid of that class or never use it.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2009, 09:47:13 AM »
Yeti, I saw you playing The Saboteur last night.  How is it?
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 30, 2009, 09:47:13 AM
Yeti, I saw you playing The Saboteur last night.  How is it?

Yeah, this.  How is it?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2009, 03:50:57 PM »
Weebs,
Have you ever had experience with those capture cards that record your gaming to a computer or hard drive?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 30, 2009, 03:50:57 PM
Weebs,
Have you ever had experience with those capture cards that record your gaming to a computer or hard drive?

I really don't know anything about them.  I know the PC has programs like Fraps, which lets you do that stuff really easily, but I'm not familiar with much for the consoles.  It seems like a lot of people just prop up a video camera and record.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: December 31, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
Weebs,

Even I can't wait for this to happen.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2009, 10:33:53 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on December 31, 2009, 10:26:43 AM
Weebs,

Even I can't wait for this to happen.

Just doing some checking around. Thought it would be entertaining to have. From everything I've seen, it looks like it'll cost around 100-150 to get the device, and then I'd also want a second computer, a desktop, so that'd be an added expense. So, it probably won't hai, but I'm intrigued by it.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: January 01, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »
This is a major step back and my have already been addressed- I apologize.

My question is soimple- on a scale of 1-10, how necssary is playing the first version before taking on this one, from a single-player perspective? 

Felix Heredia

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: January 01, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on January 01, 2010, 06:40:13 PM
This is a major step back and my have already been addressed- I apologize.

My question is soimple- on a scale of 1-10, how necssary is playing the first version before taking on this one, from a single-player perspective? 

There's a single player?