News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Sports  ( 17,184 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Sports
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2011, 02:13:51 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 07, 2011, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 07, 2011, 01:54:08 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 07, 2011, 01:12:36 PM
Quote from: R-V on April 07, 2011, 12:48:19 PM
I'm looking for something similar to Behind the Box Score, except for baseball. Somebody smart who writes about baseball on a daily basis. Any recommendations?

Try bleedcubbieblue.com.

Al goes beyond the box score to explain everything that happened in the game. Everything.

The in-depth hat choice analysis sold me.

Obviously I read BCB every morning for Cubs recaps, chumps. I'm looking for recaps of other games in the sport of baseball.

What about the mornings after an off-day?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
I'm looking for something similar to Behind the Box Score, except for baseball. Somebody smart who writes about baseball on a daily basis. Any recommendations?

There was once this website that went up named after an awkward saying announcers said for balls fouled off, but I think the guy who runs that site died, or something. Either that or Nike got tired of his running updates and shipped him off to a Filipino sweatshop, in which case he will die from an IED triggered by an iPhone.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »
This could pass as a onion article, yet isn't.

"An "Outside the Lines" investigation found such scenes several times last fall in the South Florida Youth Football League, which is made up of 30,000 children ages 5 to 15 from Palm Beach to Miami. In the packed crowds, OTL producers saw men holding stacks of bills -- often in large denominations -- as they watched the games. Using hidden cameras, OTL recorded the men openly exchanging money with one another, even as they were just a few feet away from a uniformed police officer in one instance. But the exchange of money in the stands was the small stuff, OTL found -- sometimes the games had tens of thousands of dollars bet on them, and players were often paid for making big plays.:

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 08, 2011, 08:35:02 AM

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/?

Does KD write that, too?  I see the Fowl are at the top of those standings.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »
Interesting comparison of two local sports coaches.

http://alioneye.com/2011/05/11/fitzgerald-gets-a-10-year-extension/

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 11, 2011, 10:59:23 AM

That's one of the gheyest blog names I've ever read.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:01 AM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

This does go back to BC's dead horse than Ron Guenther sucks as an AD and schedules awful, awful nonconference games. The Missouri series is over, right? Thank God. I still can't fathom why either side did the Fresno State home and home. Can I still think Zook is mostly a bumbling fool (although an outstanding recruiter) while Pat Fitzgerald isn't that great? Can I have both? Hopefully Zook has finally saved himself by adding competent and powerful coordinators who can limit his actual in-game responsibilities.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
DPD, but I fully expect RV to face the wrath of C-C-Catserling Archer now.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2011, 11:17:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 11:08:23 AM

This does go back to BC's dead horse than Ron Guenther sucks as an AD and schedules awful, awful nonconference games. The Missouri series is over, right? Thank God. I still can't fathom why either side did the Fresno State home and home. Can I still think Zook is mostly a bumbling fool (although an outstanding recruiter) while Pat Fitzgerald isn't that great? Can I have both? Hopefully Zook has finally saved himself by adding competent and powerful coordinators who can limit his actual in-game responsibilities.

I'll take "They're both shitty" for USD 1000.

This makes me angry:

Quote"Pat Fitzgerald... has built up one of the most stable college football programs in the Big Ten, if not America. The Wildcats have shown that they can hang with — and beat — ranked teams in the Big Ten consistently."

Well, they're 3-13 against ranked Big Ten teams, but who's counting, really. Did you hear they've been to three straight bowls?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 11, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 11:08:23 AM

I'll take "They're both shitty" for USD 1000.

This makes me angry:

Quote"Pat Fitzgerald... has built up one of the most stable college football programs in the Big Ten, if not America. The Wildcats have shown that they can hang with — and beat — ranked teams in the Big Ten consistently."

Well, they're 3-13 against ranked Big Ten teams, but who's counting, really. Did you hear they've been to three straight bowls?

They can beat Iowa. That's about it. Fitzgerald has kept the program on the track that Randy Walker laid for it. It's alot like Bill Snyder's turnaround at Kansas State. Have an innovative offense that utilizes bad matchups in order to hide the lack of talent, schedule an incredibly soft slate of nonconference opponents, pull off occasional upset, enjoy mid-tier bowl and maybe even occasionally overachieve all the way to one of the big ones.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
Both Zook and Fitz are bad coaches.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 11, 2011, 11:08:23 AMCan I still think Zook is mostly a bumbling fool (although an outstanding recruiter) while Pat Fitzgerald isn't that great? Can I have both? Hopefully Zook has finally saved himself by adding competent and powerful coordinators who can limit his actual in-game responsibilities.

That's where I'm at too.

This was intended as a Sterling stickpoke but I have to say I'm pleased that the ghey blog name (gheyer than www.buttpuddleboilerfanclub.net?) made Apex's unscratchable ass itch.