News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread  ( 57,649 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »
Rent Rickeria
Rick Brujeria
Diarrhea
Gonorrhea
Seborrhea
Pyorrhea

and so forth.

Rentstink Is Terrible

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The All-Purpose No Bullshit Tolerating Who Should Be the Next Manager Thread
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2013, 08:55:49 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 08:12:50 AM
Rent Rickeria
Rick Brujeria
Diarrhea
Gonorrhea
Seborrhea
Pyorrhea

and so forth.

Rentstink Is Terrible

Dys-enteria
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2013, 08:55:49 AM
Rent Rickeria
Rick Brujeria
Diarrhea
Gonorrhea
Seborrhea
Pyorrhea

and so forth.

Rentstink Is Terrible

Dys-enteria

Hysteria
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2013, 09:09:46 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 07, 2013, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2013, 08:55:49 AM
Rent Rickeria
Rick Brujeria
Diarrhea
Gonorrhea
Seborrhea
Pyorrhea

and so forth.

Rentstink Is Terrible

Dys-enteria

Hysteria

Rick Dysentheriot. I bet there is audio somewhere of Harry hilariously pronouncing Edgar Renteria's name in 1997.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Quote from: WikipediaWhile playing for the Florida Marlins, he was nicknamed "The Secret Weapon" for his versatility on the field and his timely pinch hitting.

Just what we need for JEPSTINK'S SNEAK ATTACK.

It bears mention that the secret weapon provided below-average defense and slashed .125/.217/.190/.408 in 48 PAs as a pinch-hitter with the Marlins. Not that it affects his ability to teach/manage, but ... damn -- some weapons should be kept secret.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2013, 09:29:15 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 07, 2013, 09:26:19 AM
Quote from: WikipediaWhile playing for the Florida Marlins, he was nicknamed "The Secret Weapon" for his versatility on the field and his timely pinch hitting.

It bears mention that the secret weapon provided below-average defense and slashed .125/.217/.190/.408 in 48 PAs as a pinch-hitter with the Marlins. Not that it affects his ability to teach/manage, but ... damn -- some weapons should be kept secret.

Secret Weapon referred to the .38 he kept in his baseball pants just in case someone threatened to send him to the minors.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 07, 2013, 09:26:19 AM

The Tribune said Rick Renteria was also known as the Silent Assassin in the minors.If only John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were that kind of silent as assassins. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
I love JEPSTINK by the way. Love it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2013, 10:44:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 09:51:39 AM

Too bad, because the Official Steve RosenDOOM mandated nickname is in and it is "Oopstein".

God that's awful.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-chicago-cubs-manager-renteria-rosenbloom-20131107,0,7764048.column

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:35 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 10:44:30 AM

Too bad, because the Official Steve RosenDOOM mandated nickname is in and it is "Oopstein".

God that's awful.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-chicago-cubs-manager-renteria-rosenbloom-20131107,0,7764048.column

Oopstein has some explaining to do. where's the parade Oopstein? why are the cubs so bad still? Oops!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: November 07, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 10:52:35 AM

God that's awful.

Oopstein has some explaining to do. where's the parade Oopstein? why are the cubs so bad still? Oops!

Thank you Chicago Tribune subscription service for sparing me from reading CT's link.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 07, 2013, 10:52:35 AM

God that's awful.

A strain of clown disease!  hahahaha!  “Hey, yo, Theo, I got your Torey Lovullo right ‘ere, fella’’?  lol good one Steve lol

"The Cubs already have lost that news conference, like it was a home game or something."

Quote from: R-V on November 07, 2013, 11:34:09 AM
Thank you Chicago Tribune subscription service for sparing me from reading CT's link.

I use Safari, and the Reader button next to the address bar bypasses their subscription wall.  Most of the time, I'm thankful for the wall's protection.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
Then by all means, allow me:

QuoteTrying to trade Ryan Dempster was an embarrassing episode. Oops.

The Cubs still don't have an ace in a game where pitching wins. Oops.

Oh, and attendance has dropped each season since Epstein arrived.

Epstein figures to tell us Renteria is the right guy, just like he told us Dale Sveum was the right guy before he lost almost 200 games in two seasons and couldn't make players better. Oops.

You'd hate to think that Epstein caught whatever strain of clown disease Tom Ricketts brought to Wrigley, but in a lot of significant areas, it's starting to look that way.

Starlin Castro got a new, big deal and got worse. Oops.

Anthony Rizzo cost the Cubs a pitcher, then he got a new, big deal and got worse. Oops.

Edwin Jackson was given a $52 million contract. Oops.

I hope he gets it right from now on. Otherwise, people might start calling him

Theo Oopstein

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: November 07, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 12:16:08 PM

Epstein figures to tell us Renteria is the right guy, just like he told us Dale Sveum was the right guy before he lost almost 200 games in two seasons and couldn't make players better. Oops.

You'd hate to think that Epstein caught whatever strain of clown disease Tom Ricketts brought to Wrigley, but in a lot of significant areas, it's starting to look that way.

Anthony Rizzo cost the Cubs a pitcher, then he got a new, big deal and got worse. Oops.

Theo Oopstein

How have the past 10 years been to Steve Oopsenbloom's career trajectory in which he'd be as hated as Jay Mariotti, except no one really gives a shit about him and the Tribune probably forgot he's on their payroll?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: November 07, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 07, 2013, 12:16:08 PM

Theo Oopstein

Will we ever find a cure for clown disease?