News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread  ( 51,269 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 01, 2010, 08:34:53 AM
Illinois can be such a good team when Mike Davis decides to play with his head outside of his rectum instead of its usual position inserted in said cavity. The starting backcourt is the tits. McCamey is playing some amazingly efficient ball (53% on threes, 4 to 1 assist to turnover ratio), and Richardson is just an all around sound player.

Meyers Leonard is still a douche.

Maybe but he looked awfully athletic on that one handed throw down from the baseline. Sick.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 10:28:05 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 01, 2010, 07:38:15 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 01, 2010, 05:32:44 AM
Quote from: BC on November 30, 2010, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 30, 2010, 05:41:59 PM
ACC/BigTen Challenge Picks

Indiana @ Brian Crozier (2)

Thanks Pex, that made my day.

Your day sucks.

So does your mom, your face, your 9-head, your persona, your ability to not contract STDs and spread them around etc...

Go Purdue!
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 01, 2010, 10:22:49 AM
Illinois can be such a good team when Mike Davis decides to play with his head outside of his rectum instead of its usual position inserted in said cavity. The starting backcourt is the tits. McCamey is playing some amazingly efficient ball (53% on threes, 4 to 1 assist to turnover ratio), and Richardson is just an all around sound player.

Maybe but he looked awfully athletic on that one handed throw down from the baseline. Sick.

Several more of those supajams and I may have to accept him, his stupid face, and his general d-baggery.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:26 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 01, 2010, 10:29:39 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 01, 2010, 10:22:49 AM

Several more of those supajams and I may have to accept him, his stupid face, and his general d-baggery.

I don't need to be his buddy. Just be awesome. I think he's going to be pretty awesome.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »
Ohio St. @ Florida St. (3) - 8
Georgia Tech @ Northwestern (9) - x
North Carolina @ Illinois (6) - 5
Iowa @ Wake Forest (1) - 10
Michigan @ Clemson (4) - x
NC State @ Wisconsin (5) - 6
Purdue @ Virginia Tech (8) - 3
Maryland @ Penn St. (7) - 4
Michigan St. @ Duke (10) - 1
Indiana @ Brian Crozier (2) - 9

Virginia 87 @ Minnesota 79 (Monday) 

That's pretty damn good, huh? What do say there TDubbs? Pretty fuckin' good? Ol' Pecker's in postseason form from the get go. You chumps better strap it up come tourney time.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 10:49:04 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 01, 2010, 10:37:35 PM

That's pretty damn good, huh? What do say there TDubbs? Pretty fuckin' good? Ol' Pecker's in postseason form from the get go. You chumps better strap it up come tourney time.

You picking against Northwestern is the least surprising something since something something.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on December 01, 2010, 10:49:04 PM

You picking against Northwestern is the least surprising something since something something.

That (9) next to them means it was based solely on hate and not any inclination I had about either team's ability to win at home/away. So, you're right. But who the fuck put a quarter in Michigan? Fuck.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2010, 12:24:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 01, 2010, 11:52:50 PM
Quote from: Night Man on December 01, 2010, 10:49:04 PM

That (9) next to them means it was based solely on hate and not any inclination I had about either team's ability to win at home/away. So, you're right. But who the fuck put a quarter in Michigan? Fuck.

Northwestern sucks fifty-six kinds of penis.

That said - BIG TEN.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 09:32:51 PM »
Well, this is weird.

QuoteHere's a gem. Illinois and Oakland played the first 7:22 with a women's basketball. Can't make this up. They just switched the balls.

QuoteAccording to @marcusrjackson, who's sitting right here, Mike Tisdale was the first to notice it was a women's basketball. Good call, Tiz.

QuoteOakland coach Greg Kampe on learning it was a women's basketball: “I wanted to keep it. We were ahead (15-6). Just keep it out there.”

Quote#Illini PG Demetri McCamey on playing with a women's ball: "It felt like a NERF ball." Said he knew something was off after his first shot.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
DPD. No need to rethink my Illinois to the Final Four prediction, right? Since UIC is in the Horizon League with Butler I'll assume they're just as good as Butler and this was an understandable loss.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2010, 06:16:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 18, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
DPD. No need to rethink my Illinois to the Final Four prediction, right? Since UIC is in the Horizon League with Butler I'll assume they're just as good as Butler and this was an understandable loss.

I'm finding it really hard to muster up enough give-a-shit about this loss or this Illinois team. I mean, I was excited when they beat UNC and Gonzaga but these games are just so boring. Maybe when conference starts that'll change. And random college basketball? Forget it. Worst shit on earth.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2010, 07:35:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 18, 2010, 06:16:23 PM

I'm finding it really hard to muster up enough give-a-shit about this loss or this Illinois team. I mean, I was excited when they beat UNC and Gonzaga but these games are just so boring. Maybe when conference starts that'll change. And random college basketball? Forget it. Worst shit on earth.

Worse than all these random shitty bowl games whose tradition must be protected from a playoff system?  Yeah, you're probably right, the random college basketball is worse.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 18, 2010, 07:35:43 PM

Worse than all these random shitty bowl games whose tradition must be protected from a playoff system?  Yeah, you're probably right, the random college basketball is worse.

Even for somebody like myself who is very emotionally invested in a particular team, non-conference play against crap opponents is annoying as dick. I've watched just about every Purdue game so far because I'm just interested in seeing how well they develop, who will emerge as decent, how good their stars are playing and etc... But even if they beat these teams by double digits, it doesn't mean shit. And if they lose, OH NOEZ!!! TUMBLE IN TEH RANKINGZ OH HOW HUMMELIATING!!!!! LOLZ GO HOOSIERZZZZ CRRRRREEEEEEEEEAN MACHINE!!!! Seriously. Go kill yourself.

But the conference play really does it for me. All of it. I know there is something wrong with me. I never denied that.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 07:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 18, 2010, 11:15:00 PM

Worse than all these random shitty bowl games whose tradition must be protected from a playoff system?  Yeah, you're probably right, the random college basketball is worse.

Even for somebody like myself who is very emotionally invested in a particular team, non-conference play against crap opponents is annoying as dick. I've watched just about every Purdue game so far because I'm just interested in seeing how well they develop, who will emerge as decent, how good their stars are playing and etc... But even if they beat these teams by double digits, it doesn't mean shit. And if they lose, OH NOEZ!!! TUMBLE IN TEH RANKINGZ OH HOW HUMMELIATING!!!!! LOLZ GO HOOSIERZZZZ CRRRRREEEEEEEEEAN MACHINE!!!! Seriously. Go kill yourself.

But the conference play really does it for me. All of it. I know there is something wrong with me. I never denied that.

That is the good thing about basketball, what with the rankings really not mattering at all. Because of the playoff. Playoffs are cool.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 20, 2010, 07:23:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 18, 2010, 11:15:00 PM

That is the good thing about basketball, what with the rankings really not mattering at all. Because of the playoff. Playoffs are cool.

That kind of thing does matter when the seedings come out. Not before. And not after./sadsack Apex