News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread  ( 51,272 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Hoosiers are insignificant right now. 2010-11 Big Ten/NCAA Hoop Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 20, 2010, 07:23:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 18, 2010, 11:15:00 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 18, 2010, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 18, 2010, 06:16:23 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 18, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
DPD. No need to rethink my Illinois to the Final Four prediction, right? Since UIC is in the Horizon League with Butler I'll assume they're just as good as Butler and this was an understandable loss.

I'm finding it really hard to muster up enough give-a-shit about this loss or this Illinois team. I mean, I was excited when they beat UNC and Gonzaga but these games are just so boring. Maybe when conference starts that'll change. And random college basketball? Forget it. Worst shit on earth.

Worse than all these random shitty bowl games whose tradition must be protected from a playoff system?  Yeah, you're probably right, the random college basketball is worse.

Even for somebody like myself who is very emotionally invested in a particular team, non-conference play against crap opponents is annoying as dick. I've watched just about every Purdue game so far because I'm just interested in seeing how well they develop, who will emerge as decent, how good their stars are playing and etc... But even if they beat these teams by double digits, it doesn't mean shit. And if they lose, OH NOEZ!!! TUMBLE IN TEH RANKINGZ OH HOW HUMMELIATING!!!!! LOLZ GO HOOSIERZZZZ CRRRRREEEEEEEEEAN MACHINE!!!! Seriously. Go kill yourself.

But the conference play really does it for me. All of it. I know there is something wrong with me. I never denied that.

That is the good thing about basketball, what with the rankings really not mattering at all. Because of the playoff. Playoffs are cool.

A college football playoff would not only be the Ballllllz, but it would circulate money at such an accelerated rate it would revive the North American economy.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 02:44:23 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 20, 2010, 12:51:51 PM
DPD. No need to rethink my Illinois to the Final Four prediction, right? Since UIC is in the Horizon League with Butler I'll assume they're just as good as Butler and this was an understandable loss.

I'm finding it really hard to muster up enough give-a-shit about this loss or this Illinois team. I mean, I was excited when they beat UNC and Gonzaga but these games are just so boring. Maybe when conference starts that'll change. And random college basketball? Forget it. Worst shit on earth.

Worse than all these random shitty bowl games whose tradition must be protected from a playoff system?  Yeah, you're probably right, the random college basketball is worse.

Even for somebody like myself who is very emotionally invested in a particular team, non-conference play against crap opponents is annoying as dick. I've watched just about every Purdue game so far because I'm just interested in seeing how well they develop, who will emerge as decent, how good their stars are playing and etc... But even if they beat these teams by double digits, it doesn't mean shit. And if they lose, OH NOEZ!!! TUMBLE IN TEH RANKINGZ OH HOW HUMMELIATING!!!!! LOLZ GO HOOSIERZZZZ CRRRRREEEEEEEEEAN MACHINE!!!! Seriously. Go kill yourself.

But the conference play really does it for me. All of it. I know there is something wrong with me. I never denied that.

That is the good thing about basketball, what with the rankings really not mattering at all. Because of the playoff. Playoffs are cool.

A college football playoff would not only be the Ballllllz, but it would circulate money at such an accelerated rate it would revive the North American economy.

The ticket sales for most of these bowls are dismal. Certainly that has to have an impact on this whole BCS thing right?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 20, 2010, 02:44:23 PM

The ticket sales for most of these bowls are dismal. Certainly that has to have an impact on this whole BCS thing right?

Yeah, because the Beef O'Brady's bowl means absolutely nothing. But if the teams playing in it could possibly win out and make it to the title? Exciting. Although that's far deeper than any playoff I want. I'm fine with the current BCS Bowls becoming playoff games and the top two teams getting a bye. That's the top ten teams in the country. Good enough for me.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 20, 2010, 03:05:05 PM

Yeah, because the Beef O'Brady's bowl means absolutely nothing. But if the teams playing in it could possibly win out and make it to the title? Exciting. Although that's far deeper than any playoff I want. I'm fine with the current BCS Bowls becoming playoff games and the top two teams getting a bye. That's the top ten teams in the country. Good enough for me.

Me too. But when teams like UConn are LOSING money on bowl appearances something is horribly wrong.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 20, 2010, 03:54:00 PM

Me too. But when teams like UConn are LOSING money on bowl appearances something is horribly wrong.

I'm fine with the BCS doing whatever the fuck it wants and all college football talk getting typed into the CollegeFootball threads instead of here. I'm even ok with people only typing that they hate college basketball here if that's what it takes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 20, 2010, 04:33:24 PM

I'm fine with the BCS doing whatever the fuck it wants and all college football talk getting typed into the CollegeFootball threads instead of here. I'm even ok with people only typing that they hate college basketball here if that's what it takes.

Sorry, back on topic. College basketball sucks.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »

Awesome, so if Illinois can't sell all those fucking tickets to the Texas Bowl, I'm going to have to subsidize some piece of shit Texan and his bowl with my tax dollars?

Fuck the bowl system.  Blow it up.  Make all these goddamn leeches find work.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:14 PM »
INTENTIONAL FOUL!!!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2010, 10:10:26 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 22, 2010, 10:07:14 PM
INTENTIONAL FOUL!!!

Sweet pants shitting in the last 5 minutes of their last 2 games. The continued retardation of these guys has to be on Bruce at some point.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »
I'm tired of Weber's teams losing any game that is close late. It is really getting old.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »
Quote from: BC on December 22, 2010, 10:25:05 PM
I'm tired of Weber's teams losing any game that is close late. It is really getting old.

I'm tired of poor people.

And the Blacks.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 05:36:28 PM »
Everybody was right. Indiana should be tough to beat at home this year unless they're playing a lower-tier Big Ten team or better. Look out for them next year too. I heard they have an awesome recruiting class. Don't they always?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
Northwestern Basketball: That light ball of turd that won't go down no matter how many times you flush.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
*Kirflush*

Now fuck off and beat Michigan State.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »
Northwestern looks like total shit.  Maybe it'll get bad enough for Carmody to finally get fired.  HOPE SO
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?