News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 1- Falcons at Bears. No fucking squib kicks, Lovie.  ( 7,995 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 1- Falcons at Bears. No fucking squib kicks, Lovie.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Hank Melton is a fucking beast. Other than Webb and Carimi looking pretty bad for most of the game I am happy as a pig-shaped clam in pigshit about what we saw today. Will Peter King revise his Super Bowl pick now? Possibly maybe.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 11, 2011, 03:33:43 PM
Hank Melton is a fucking beast. Other than Webb and Carimi looking pretty bad for most of the game I am happy as a pig-shaped clam in pigshit about what we saw today. Will Peter King revise his Super Bowl pick now? Possibly maybe.

Just think how bad the beating would of been if TIM SHAW were still on the team.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »

Webb is really good at holding. Top 5 in the league, I bet.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 11, 2011, 04:52:55 PM

Webb is really good at holding. Top 5 in the league, I bet.

That was a fucking awesome game. The offensive line was better than the sacks made them look. Webb had some issues and so did Carimi but I wouldn't say they looked bad most of the game. Cutler had time to throw and he had at least 6 seconds on 2 of those sacks in which to throw the ball away. The Cover 2 worked to perfection today. They dared Matt Ryan to try and beat them downfield and he was too scared. That was the weakest 300 yard passing game I've ever seen from an opposing QB. The run game looked good until they took out Forte to keep him from getting hurt in a blowout during his contract year. The defensive line was the strongest unit on the field as I had hoped. As for my prediction for this season I had them at 12-4. So we'll see. I think if they beat either the Saints or Packers in the next two weeks they make the playoffs no problem. If they win both they win the division.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
The only thing I have to say that's bad is that the defense still sucks when the other team is in a hurry-up offense and therefore, gave up over 400 total yards. I still think the defense was dominant.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2011, 09:39:33 PM
The only thing I have to say that's bad is that the defense still sucks when the other team is in a hurry-up offense and therefore, gave up over 400 total yards. I still think the defense was dominant.

I hope you were trying to channel Fro there, because anybody even remotely concerned about the yardage (especially since Matt Ryan had I think only 123 yards before the score was 30-6 and the defense went full on prevent) is beyond a total dipshit. The points, sacks, and turnovers are all Lovie cares about. Matt Ryan finished with just 6.8 YPA. As a team they only gained 5.9 yards per pass play. Yardage totals don't really mean shit for a Tampa Two defense. They stonewalled them in the red zone, and Charles Tillman dominated Roddy White.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2011, 09:59:00 PM

I hope you were trying to channel Fro there, because anybody even remotely concerned about the yardage (especially since Matt Ryan had I think only 123 yards before the score was 30-6 and the defense went full on prevent) is beyond a total dipshit. The points, sacks, and turnovers are all Lovie cares about. Matt Ryan finished with just 6.8 YPA. As a team they only gained 5.9 yards per pass play. Yardage totals don't really mean shit for a Tampa Two defense. They stonewalled them in the red zone, and Charles Tillman (Fuck You) dominated Roddy White.

Fro'd.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Yeah, how in the blue fuck could you say the Bears played poorly against the hurry-up when they gave up only six points and Atlanta complete abandoned it at the half because it, well, wasn't working?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 10:37:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 11, 2011, 10:20:07 PM
Yeah, how in the blue fuck could you say the Bears played poorly against the hurry-up when they gave up only six points and Atlanta complete abandoned it at the half because it, well, wasn't working?

I think he means the hurry up as in the part where Atlanta was in the hurry up and got a lot of yards underneath the coverage after they were up 30-6 and they dropped seven deep every play. So, you know, the part where the game was meaningless and nothing matters but not giving up touchdowns. Cool that they pummeled Matt Ryan with just the front four the whole game. If they can get that kinda pressure with just four against Green Bay and New Orleans the defense should be able to contain Brees and Rodgers.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 10:46:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2011, 10:37:35 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 11, 2011, 10:20:07 PM

I think he means the hurry up as in the part where Atlanta was in the hurry up and got a lot of yards underneath the coverage after they were up 30-6 and they dropped seven deep every play. So, you know, the part where the game was meaningless and nothing matters but not giving up touchdowns. Cool that they pummeled Matt Ryan with just the front four the whole game. If they can get that kinda pressure with just four against Green Bay and New Orleans the defense should be able to contain Brees and Rodgers.

A real defense like the one the Packers have NEVER gives up yards or points. That's the type of gutless bullshit that they won't tolerate on real teams.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »

I hope you were trying to channel Fro there, because anybody even remotely concerned about the yardage (especially since Matt Ryan had I think only 123 yards before the score was 30-6 and the defense went full on prevent) is beyond a total dipshit. The points, sacks, and turnovers are all Lovie cares about. Matt Ryan finished with just 6.8 YPA. As a team they only gained 5.9 yards per pass play. Yardage totals don't really mean shit for a Tampa Two defense. They stonewalled them in the red zone, and Charles Tillman dominated Roddy White.

If by "channel" you mean "copy and paste", then yeah.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »
Quote from: Fork on September 11, 2011, 10:50:51 PM

Sigh. I went over there. God dammit, Fro. Oh well, at least he admits that he actually enjoyed the game. God, next Sunday is too fucking far away. Also, my preseason Melton boner was thoroughly justified today. Every time I see him play I think of John Randle, who was one of a very select few Minnesota Vikings I didn't despise.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 05:04:37 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 11, 2011, 11:01:52 PM

Sigh. I went over there. God dammit, Fro. Oh well, at least he admits that he actually enjoyed the game. God, next Sunday is too fucking far away. Also, my preseason Melton boner was thoroughly justified today. Every time I see him play I think of John Randle, who was one of a very select few Minnesota Vikings I didn't despise.

That game would have been totally different if the Falcons D could catch two easy picks that Utler just threw into their hands.  Yet another one in the red zone too. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 09:13:54 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 12, 2011, 05:04:37 AM

That game would have been totally different if the Falcons D could catch two easy picks that Utler just threw into their hands.  Yet another one in the red zone too. 

Yeah, totally different. Like 20-6.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 12, 2011, 05:04:37 AM

If you ignore the fact that the red zone near-pick only happened because the DB decided to mount Devin Hester about a second before the ball got there, then sure.