News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: That's it...  ( 2,780 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
That's it...
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
Judging by the utterly dismal discussion in the shoutbox this afternoon, the financial markets are fixing to burn themselves right to the ground all over again.

And now I'm reading that scientists have observed massive particles traveling faster than the speed of light, potentially upending everything we thought we knew about EVERYTHING.

So I figure the only rational course of action is to sell everything I own, buy up as many goats and as much bubble wrap as I can get my hands on, and move to a cave somewhere before the motorcycle marauders and time-traveling robots get here to murder us all in our sleep.

Anyone who wants to join me can fuck off and find their own damn caves.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: That's it...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:30:07 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 22, 2011, 05:22:48 PM
now I'm reading that scientists have observed massive particles traveling faster than the speed of light, potentially upending everything we thought we knew about EVERYTHING.

"Antonio Ereditato, spokesman for the researchers, told Reuters that measurements taken over three years showed neutrinos pumped from CERN near Geneva to Gran Sasso in Italy had arrived 60 nanoseconds quicker than light would have done."

Ahhh.  Neutrinos.  Nothing like them sauteed with a little garlic and served in a light wine sauce with fava beans.  And of course a sturdy Claret to wash them down.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »
So I figure the only rational course of action is to sell everything I own, buy up as many goats and as much bubble wrap as I can get my hands on, and move to a cave somewhere before the motorcycle marauders and time-traveling robots get here to murder us all in our sleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqrHw7YV3Q

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »
Judging by the utterly dismal discussion in the shoutbox this afternoon, the financial markets are fixing to burn themselves right to the ground all over again.

And now I'm reading that scientists have observed massive particles traveling faster than the speed of light, potentially upending everything we thought we knew about EVERYTHING.

Finally.  The Cubs don't matter anymore!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:29:58 PM »
Eh, there's nothing about any of this that can't be fixed by Hugh Jackman's fightin' robots.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 22, 2011, 10:29:58 PM
Eh, there's nothing about any of this that can't be fixed by Hugh Jackman's fightin' robots.

There will be time enough for training once I'm in my cave.

In the meantime, looks like I'll need to set aside $20 or so.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 08:08:44 AM »
Make sure you fill out your change of address card so you can continue getting your newsletter delivered to your cave.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:12:25 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 23, 2011, 08:08:44 AM
Make sure you fill out your change of address card so you can continue getting your newsletter delivered to your cave.

And just give Postmaster General Humungus my address?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:48 AM »
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 23, 2011, 09:59:48 AM

Don't tell me not to panic. I've seen the new Facebook, man. The world is literally crumbling beneath our feet.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
And now we learn that scientists at UC Berkeley are FUCKING MINDREADERS...

http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2011/09/22/brain-movies/

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »
Ah, finally I get the hilarity that prevailed when tau neutrinos were mentioned during the seminar.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)